Stay Safe During Summer Storms with Disaster Preparedness Tips on AARP Live at 10 p.m. ET. Watch Now!

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Sam's clubs close same day as $11 raise and bonus

180 Views
Message 41 of 87

alferdpacker wrote:

 

But most don't - because they aren't willing to pay for top quality.

 

They're cheap and stupid and waste their money buying third rate trash that only lasts a year or two - and then buy it all over again - looking for price instead of quality...

 

They are what keeps Walmart and the online guys in business...

 


Of course a person who makes their living with tools are going to buy top quality for dependability.  Me, I just bought a level and other tools at Dollar Tree since they serve my purpose.  Other tools such as a good hammer, etc I went to Lowes for quality.

 

But this is a far cry from the topic of buying at Walmart.  I did buy a cheap socket set some years ago at Walmart for five bucks and have been giving it plenty of use.

Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Sam's clubs close same day as $11 raise and bonus

185 Views
Message 42 of 87

BigLib wrote:



You're making wild assertions about Walmart and Sam's Club, and refuse to provide any facts to back it up. Should I post them again for all to see? Sure.

 

You first claimed those Sam's Club employees had been offered jobs at other Walmart/Sam's Club stores, and when asked for proof, you refused to provide any. Care to post that proof now, since you claim to be discussing only Walmart and Sam's Club?

 

Then you claimed that the Walmart raise would ensure their employees would live above public assistance qualifying levels, and when asked for proof, you refused to provide any. Care to post that proof now, since you claim to be discussing only Walmart and Sam's Club?

 



Can you prove that these displaced employees haven't been offered employment in other stores?  The media says they have been; this in addition to them being full pay for 60 days.  Do you have indications otherwise, or is it that you are letting your prejudice show?

 

What pay scale do you think would put an employee above public assistance level?  How can you just point out Walmart without considering that other companies are also paying the same pay scale of minimum wage or thereabouts? 

 

Where is your indignation at other stores like 7-Eleven, etc that no doubt are just paying minimum wage?  Of course if everyone was being paid $15 or $20 an hour then prices would be raised accordingly therefore raising a living wage.   Only in liberal land.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Sam's clubs close same day as $11 raise and bonus

172 Views
Message 43 of 87

KidBoy2 wrote:


Mlseker posted



So, in light of their suicide by profit chasing, i tend to avoid most non local retail outfits. ANYTHING that is a slave to the stock market is a place to avoid. they supress wages, benfits, pensions, all good treatmet of the worker because of their already inflated value.


============================

I will try again...this time I hope you will understand. Its not that hard to understand.....unless....


You show you do not know that most people that worked for a small retail store did or does not get the benefits that workers at the "big box" stores get.


Its a free country..shop were you want.

FYI...Spell check is a good thing.


Advocating spell check, and I see at least 3 errors.

 

 

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (8 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Sam's clubs close same day as $11 raise and bonus

177 Views
Message 44 of 87


Mlseker posted



So, in light of their suicide by profit chasing, i tend to avoid most non local retail outfits. ANYTHING that is a slave to the stock market is a place to avoid. they supress wages, benfits, pensions, all good treatmet of the worker because of their already inflated value.


============================

I will try again...this time I hope you will understand. Its not that hard to understand.....unless....


You show you do not know that most people that worked for a small retail store did or does not get the benefits that workers at the "big box" stores get.


Its a free country..shop were you want.

FYI...Spell check is a good thing.

Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Sam's clubs close same day as $11 raise and bonus

182 Views
Message 45 of 87

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

alferdpacker wrote:



Ask every vehicle technician in the nation - that's still how they have been getting the vast majority of their tools and test equipment - from the franchisee/route owner who comes around with a truck full of tools to look at, hold, and make a decision about.

 


 


And of course you are referring to technical rep types serving the trades, not retail outlets serving the public.  There are similiar circumstances such as manufacturers technical people serving industrial equipment.  A whole different ballgame from serving the public.


I'm talking about the guys at the dealerships and independent shops who service cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles, and construction equipment - kinds of businesses (with the exception of large excavator service and repair) that I've been an owner of (and part time technician when we got behind) for over 25 years...

 

Any member of the public can purchase either from the franchisee or online.

 

But most don't - because they aren't willing to pay for top quality.

 

They're cheap and stupid and waste their money buying third rate trash that only lasts a year or two - and then buy it all over again - looking for price instead of quality...

 

They are what keeps Walmart and the online guys in business...

 

Have pity for Melania - she hasn't yet got rid of that ugly fat.
Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Sam's clubs close same day as $11 raise and bonus

161 Views
Message 46 of 87

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

BigLib wrote:

'Trump'

 

 


Again, I was discussing Walmart and Sam's Club which is the topic here.  If you want to discuss Trump then post to someone else.


You're making wild assertions about Walmart and Sam's Club, and refuse to provide any facts to back it up. Should I post them again for all to see? Sure.

 

You first claimed those Sam's Club employees had been offered jobs at other Walmart/Sam's Club stores, and when asked for proof, you refused to provide any. Care to post that proof now, since you claim to be discussing only Walmart and Sam's Club?

 

Then you claimed that the Walmart raise would ensure their employees would live above public assistance qualifying levels, and when asked for proof, you refused to provide any. Care to post that proof now, since you claim to be discussing only Walmart and Sam's Club?

 

And then, you went off-topic, which you claim to care so much about, by bringing up Mom & Pop stores. If you want to discuss Mom & Pop stores, then post to someone else.

 

 

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (8 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Sam's clubs close same day as $11 raise and bonus

142 Views
Message 47 of 87

alferdpacker wrote:



Ask every vehicle technician in the nation - that's still how they have been getting the vast majority of their tools and test equipment - from the franchisee/route owner who comes around with a truck full of tools to look at, hold, and make a decision about.

 


 


And of course you are referring to technical rep types serving the trades, not retail outlets serving the public.  There are similiar circumstances such as manufacturers technical people serving industrial equipment.  A whole different ballgame from serving the public.

Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Sam's clubs close same day as $11 raise and bonus

132 Views
Message 48 of 87

KidBoy2 wrote:
Mlesker posted..

So, in light of their suicide by profit chasing, i tend to avoid most non local retail outfits. ANYTHING that is a slave to the stock market is a place to avoid. they supress wages, benfits, pensions, all good treatmet of the worker because of their already inflated value.

========================
You show you do not know that most people that worked for a small retail store did or does not get the benefits that workers at the "big box" stores get.

I started a retail store and I know that to be a fact. We paid 100% of our employees health insurance and we had a retirement plan for our employees ... a rare thing for a small business.

Its a free country..shop were you want.

FYI...Spell check is a good thing.

lol. you need to re read what I posted. you bashed it then repeated it. And now, i will begin pointing out all of your typos again. FUnny thing is, the one post i made without typos..you didnt understand it anyway. Im sorry that when you run spell check it shows you dont know proper grammar. 

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Sam's clubs close same day as $11 raise and bonus

139 Views
Message 49 of 87

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

MIseker wrote:

The local hardware was sold because they couldnt price as cheap as lowes etc for appliances etc. 


Local hardware stores had their place because they carried items that local people needed.  If you needed a four inch carriage bolt, they probably had it somewhere on the shelves.  Sears and Montgomery Wards had a place during the catalog years, but with discount stores taking hold, they moved to the back burner, and even internet shopping has had an effect on discount stores.  Discount stores are meeting this by combining online shopping with store pickup.

 

As far as store location closings, it isn't just particular to this administration since it has been going on for several years with major retail chains.  As far as the wages at Walmart, we have several friends who works for a local Walmart and has for years.  They started out with locally owned stores but went to Walmart for better salaries and have remained for years.

 

I'm sure that no one here would want to go back to the pedler with established routes that was the norm back when I was young through the early years of WW2.  He drove a vehicle similar to UPS trucks and lined with shelves.  Or going through the Sears catalog where shipping was determined through postal zones from the distribution centers.


Ask every vehicle technician in the nation - that's still how they have been getting the vast majority of their tools and test equipment - from the franchisee/route owner who comes around with a truck full of tools to look at, hold, and make a decision about.

 

Oh sure, one can go online - but when it's possible to walk back into the shop to try it out, see how it works, and buy it that day if it's the right tool - online with a not inconsiderable overnight air freight charge for next day delivery is - "inadequate"...

 

As well - the franchise guy will usually let a tech who is dependable pay it off over a month or so witout adding interest - as well - the corporation also has lower than retail (bank) interest on multi thousand dollar purchases.

Been that way since the thirties - and it still works quite well...

 

Have pity for Melania - she hasn't yet got rid of that ugly fat.
Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Sam's clubs close same day as $11 raise and bonus

139 Views
Message 50 of 87
Mlesker posted..

So, in light of their suicide by profit chasing, i tend to avoid most non local retail outfits. ANYTHING that is a slave to the stock market is a place to avoid. they supress wages, benfits, pensions, all good treatmet of the worker because of their already inflated value.

========================
You show you do not know that most people that worked for a small retail store did or does not get the benefits that workers at the "big box" stores get.

I started a retail store and I know that to be a fact. We paid 100% of our employees health insurance and we had a retirement plan for our employees ... a rare thing for a small business.

Its a free country..shop were you want.

FYI...Spell check is a good thing.
Report Inappropriate Content
Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors