WATCH VIDEO: Friday's Iowa presidential candidate forum. Appearing are Beto O'Rourke, Elizabeth Warren, Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: SURVEY SAYS...................

Message 11 of 16

@Soosie wrote:

That age was 61. @nctarheel.......There are plenty of seniors working for the company where I am employed. The company has a step in place for any employee to take courses, change directions, make goals, etc. I'm glad there are progressive  thinkers who don't think of locking someone in so that they can't advance. I hate to see anyone act as if they are a prisoner of their age. Could that be called "self discrimination?" Companies are finding that forward thinking senior employees are good employees. The ones who don't get past an interview are those who are negative, think they got a raw deal at some other company, did not tweek their skills or (gosh, I hate to throw in this one), but have a scowl and act crabby. I love working with the younger employees and if there is a particular skill I don't have or can't look up, I have countless resources with the employees at my company. I kid about being older and think my age and experience an advantage.

Your post is entirely OFF TOPIC as the original post was about DONALD TRUMP.

The thread is about how DONALD TRUMP should have heeded the results of this survey. It is NOT about the survey itself nor is it about all seniors in the workforce, nor is it about the value of seniors in the workplace .

It is about DONALD TRUMP.

Please try not to take threads OFF TOPIC  purposefully as I believe that is a violation of the Guidelines.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 16
The survey sample was 1,102 Americans, ages 18 to 75. .....@NCtarheel......This number is a small sample.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 16

That age was 61. @nctarheel.......There are plenty of seniors working for the company where I am employed. The company has a step in place for any employee to take courses, change directions, make goals, etc. I'm glad there are progressive  thinkers who don't think of locking someone in so that they can't advance. I hate to see anyone act as if they are a prisoner of their age. Could that be called "self discrimination?" Companies are finding that forward thinking senior employees are good employees. The ones who don't get past an interview are those who are negative, think they got a raw deal at some other company, did not tweek their skills or (gosh, I hate to throw in this one), but have a scowl and act crabby. I love working with the younger employees and if there is a particular skill I don't have or can't look up, I have countless resources with the employees at my company. I kid about being older and think my age and experience an advantage.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 16

@angeleyes64 wrote:
@nctarheel

Well lets pray he will be making another career change soon.

Let us all say.... AMEN and AMEN!!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 16
@nctarheel

Well lets pray he will be making another career change soon.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

SURVEY SAYS...................

Message 16 of 16

SeniorLiving.org recently conducted a survey and it identified how old is considered TOO OLD to make a career change. The survey sample was 1,102 Americans, ages 18 to 75.

While the different generations had different ages as their results; there was an average age as determined by the entire sample.

That age was 61.

DONALD TRUMP SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO THIS SURVEY.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careersandeducation/dont-apply-for-a-job-after-you-turn-this-age/ss-...

Kudos
Views
Replies