Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: STOP participating in the Thoughts & Prayers SCAM

Message 11 of 67

@rk9152 wrote:

@MaVolta wrote:

The fact remains, it's about money. Want proof?

Well, yes and no. It is all about individual citizens wanting their rights protected. They look to the NRA to do that and the NRA uses money as a vehicle to protect those rights.

That seems to be the perception on the right. But exactly what law has been proposed that would deny your rights to gun ownership? The answer is none if you are a law abiding, mentally competent citizen. 

Post Sandy Hook, the Obama Administration proposed expanding background checks, and closing up the gun show loopholes. All of those were opposed by the gun lobby group. Congress refused to expand background checks, even at the pleading of Sandy Hook parents, out of fear of the gun lobby group.

Post San Bernardino, a law was proposed to deny the sale of firearms to those on the terrorist no-fly list. That proposal was also challenged strongly by the gun lobby and went nowhere. We can deny them their rights to board a plane, but restricting their right to gun ownership was just a bridge too far for the gun rights group. 

These were just a few common sense measures that could have been taken to keep guns out of the hands of at least some of the wrong people. Other ideas have been floated, such as a national gun registry to help law enforcement with gun trafficking. All guns on the black market were once purchased legally. Finding those crossover buyers/sellers could help shut down the black market trade, which is where (according to the NRA) that the bad guys get most of their weapons. Registration doesn't take away anyone's gun(s). But no, that's an invasion of privacy, so says the gun lobby.

Mexico has stronger gun laws than the US. Most of the gun crimes committed there have been traced to purchases on the black market coming from the US. Perhaps Mexico should consider building a wall to keep US gun traffikers out of Mexico (just a thought).

Bottom line - thou shalt have no gun regulations, period, and we've got the $$$$$$$ to stop it (see my earlier post). 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 67

@alferdpacker wrote:

"GOPNRA" - that's the political equivalent of gonorrhea, isn't it?

Worse. Gonorrhea and chlamydia haven't killed any young Americans in decades while GOPNRA is knocking them off at over 30,000/year. Also Gonorrhea has a one-shot "cure" while GOPNRA seems to cause a genetic mutation leading to generaltional stupidity that will cause people to vote for child molesters to serve in the Senate and gutless draftdodging preppytwits to become The Commander and Chief of America's military.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 67

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
Incorrect... that's a talking point you were fed and has no merit.

It's a perceived threat... real or otherwise. People buy insurance just in case... people have weapons (not just guns) just in case.

Why do have many new places (states) adopting the castle doctrine? Why are Sheriff dept.'s teaching free weapon classes for the ladies? and for county workers? and school teachers?

The perception of lawlessness is what motivates people to buy guns, especially for the first time.

your last line says it. Crimes general trend is down. who is bossting sales based on fear? who feeds that fear? the NRA. and, gun laws dont get passed to be determined whether or not they are constitutional. The R's never say..ok lets see if that flys.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 67

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

Fish—Ya know what I see? Denial that anything should or can be done.  Ya know what else I see? slaughtered innocents, on an almost weekly basis. 

I understand what “ shall not be infringed upon” means.. Again, right to bear arms was written in hopes of protecting newly minted Americans from English militia men, and we have Amendments in order to update and improve original and/or outdated amendments. 

Talking points!! LOL! You sound like an NRA rep.  

Gee, I miss having a real president!

You will note Fish hasn't presented any solutions to the problem; only asking others for their solutions and then discounts them.  Not unusual for a Conservative.

My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Bless their little conservative hearts.

We should pray for them.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 67
Didn't you learn the only stupid question is the one you don't ask? so that leaves there's just stupid answers. Thanks for the validation.

I have made multiple suggests over many, many posts in multiple threads. All dismissed by the we got nothing crowd.

"My AR self identifies as a Musket
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 67

@Centristsin2010–Rather than thoughts and prayers for those whose value paychecks over human life, I’m in favor of voting their disgraceful butts out of power. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 67

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

Fish—Ya know what I see? Denial that anything should or can be done.  Ya know what else I see? slaughtered innocents, on an almost weekly basis. 

I understand what “ shall not be infringed upon” means.. Again, right to bear arms was written in hopes of protecting newly minted Americans from English militia men, and we have Amendments in order to update and improve original and/or outdated amendments. 

You will note Fish hasn't presented any solutions to the problem; only asking others for their solutions and then discounts them.  Not unusual for a Conservative.

My thoughts and prayers are with them.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 67

@Olderscout66—I certainly stand corrected. Guess I need to go back and revisit my history! I appreciate your knowledge. I was right about militia, just wrong one!!

Still stand firm though that 2nd amendment did not and does not give anyone the right to bear arms other than for protection from militia, so I guess if government wanted everyone’s guns, they would have them already, given propaganda coming from the NRA.   NRA stance in MHO is weak,  not that it was ever anything but an obvious scare tactic,  which the foolish believe!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 67

The 2d Amendment was added at the insistance of the slave owners so they could raise and maintain white citizen militias to prevent slave revolts. That's no longer a concern, but to get a SCOTUS who understands this will require Progressives elect the next couple Presidents and not sit out elections because they get their feelings hurt or can't fall in love with the candidate.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 67

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors