Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: SPRINKLERS TOO COSTLY

Message 1 of 10

Entrepreneurial developers are con-men for the most part.  They work off somebody else's dime and many times gullibility.  They pull profit from a multitude of little things their marks never notice are 'missing or done on the cheap'.  Sprinkler systems are often portrayed as a hazard instead of a life-safety feature.  Horror stories abound about what happens to invaluable art-works when one malfunctions.  Statistics fly everywhere about how many people actually get hurt or killed when they are missing as opposed to letting the local FD take all the risk on the public's dime.  "Not worth what it costs" and "costs more than it's worth" is the litany.  Another is settling the suit for non-payment on the courthouse steps after the mark has spent his last dime on attorney's fees and expenses, mortaged his soul and is trying out how to avoid bankruptcy.  'The donald's' stock in trade...pun intended.

The con-man knows what the 'greedy' want.....something that doesn't 'cost 'em'.  That translates to 'advantage' in the market place, however you spin it.  You get 'more for less'.  That is 'the donald's' stock in trade. The inevitable maintenance and repair costs that result from 'doing it on the cheap' end up on the purchaser's back.  He/she bought into the glitz and doesn't realize what is going to happen right after the 'owner' turns it over.  Some sue.  Some just shrug, swallow the bitter pill and crawl back into their hovel.  

IF you voted for 'the donald' you have a 'con-man' for a President. I don't.

Oh....I forgot to mention.........that's good business, donchaknow?  The 'Art of the Deal'  That's a scam too.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

@williamb39198wrote:

Once again a big whahoo for mr. elcheapo, I value life more than money, trump. Would you stay in one of his high rises on the upper floors that did not have a sprinkler system? We lost a good family friend many years ago in the MGM Las Vegas fire, because of no sprinkler system...no brainer!

donald this one is on you, since you were against legislation to have sprinkler systems. What dollar amount do you put on a human life?

Further, the idiot sent out a tweet saying the fire was out and all was well. The NYFD, however, tagged him for the lying piece of garbage that he is and told Americans the truth—it was a four alarm blaze and crews were still at the scene. 

Remember the opening words of the theme song to trump’s crummy reality show?? “Money, money, money”? The song’s writer(s) sure got the essence of trump right. He even uses the presidency for financial gain. 

Anerica has never been subjected to such a greedy piece of trash. Can’t wait until the country—or Mueller—tells this pig—“You’re fired.”

(Unlike Mrs. Obama, I will not tactfully dance around the issue of trump's abhorrent behaviors). 

Gee, I miss having a real president! 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

Just one more example of how the NRAGOP aids and abets the killing of innocents for money. Who acted to prevent the requirement to have fire suppression systems installed in all residential structures taller than say 5 stories? When the did this, did they claim it was to "preserve the Freedom of the people wanting to build tall buildings?" Was it justified as an "act to restrict Government over-reach"?

This is the deadly problem with Republican policy - it PREVENTS the Government from acting to protect the people of America and instead protects the money of the RICH people of America.

VOTE TO SAVE YOUR KID'S LIVES - VOTE DEMOCRATIC.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

Art Collector and Bon Vivant Dies in Trump Tower Home He Couldn’t Sell

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/08/nyregion/trump-tower-fire-art-collector.html

Todd Brassner, who died in a fire at Trump Tower on Saturday, loved fast cars, electric guitars, expensive watches and making long, erudite pronouncements about art and art history.

.......Friends of Mr. Brassner said he had been trying to move since the election of President Trump in 2016, which brought increased security and activity to the building on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan, but he could not sell his 50th-floor apartment, which he estimated to be worth $2.5 million in 2015.

“It haunts me,” said Stephen Dwire, 67, a musician and music producer who had been friends with Mr. Brassner since they were 14-year-olds in Harrison, N.Y., in Westchester County. “He said, ‘This is getting untenable,’” Mr. Dwire said. “It was like living in an armed camp. But when people heard it was a Trump building, he couldn’t give it away.”

A post from Todd Brassner's Facebook page.

Rare McCartney Footage Makes Being a Musical Genius Look Ridiculously Easy

https://www.purpleclover.com/video/2018-rare-mccartney-footage-makes-being-musical-genius-look-ridic...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

Once again a big whahoo for mr. elcheapo, I value life more than money, trump. Would you stay in one of his high rises on the upper floors that did not have a sprinkler system? We lost a good family friend many years ago in the MGM Las Vegas fire, because of no sprinkler system...no brainer!

donald this one is on you, since you were against legislation to have sprinkler systems. What dollar amount do you put on a human life?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

Just thought everyone should know............I followed mandm's yahoo link to the news article and midway through got one of those "alerts" that my computer had just been infected with a virus and not to close it down and contact something or other. 

My security system blocks attacks of this sort and notifies me with a completely different pop-up message IF a false webattack happens.  This time it didn't.  I closed tab, ran all the needed scans, checked the history log and notified the security system of the event. Scans showed nothing and nothing was noted in the history log.  An automatic reporting system operating on this computer links to the IP and feeds back ID data.

Note please..... this happened while this computer was on the AARP political and society community website, following a link a poster provided to yahoo news in regard to the trump tower fire death.  

Just the facts.  There is likely a reason for them.  That too is fact. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10
mandm84 posted..

Is saving money more important than lives when you're already a Billionaire ?

===========================

No!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

It's hard to believe that codes would allow no sprinkler systems in the residential parts of the building. It's hard to believe there wouldn't be any despite the codes.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

SPRINKLERS TOO COSTLY

Message 10 of 10

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tower-fire-death-trump-143725845.html

Is saving money more important than lives when you're already a Billionaire ?

Kudos
Views
Replies