Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

 

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
397
Views

Re: SOCIAL SECURITY FACTS

397 Views
Message 11 of 29

Wow talk about "fake news".  I don't think any of those things in the latest kiddie cartoon was accurate. 

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
397
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
375
Views

Re: SOCIAL SECURITY FACTS

375 Views
Message 12 of 29

@Soosie wrote:
@MLseker.......If you say it is fake news, then post the TRUE facts as you know them. Dare you!!!!

One of the posters DID TAKE UP YOUR DARE and did post the truth.

 

The truth is vastly different from the "facts" contained in your meme.

 

Now, it is your turn.

 

As the ORIGINAL POSTER, the "FACTS" of your MEME have been challenged.

 

Please provide conclusive, verifiable evidence that YOUR FACTS, as contained in the meme, are true.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
375
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
404
Views

Re: SOCIAL SECURITY FACTS

404 Views
Message 13 of 29

@sp362 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:


 If you don't have anything to add to this thread, why are you even bothering?

So, why are you also bothering?  What do you think of Soosie's post?  One could guess.


Unlike you, I already posted what I thought about it.  Page down to see.  Why don't you have an opinion on this?  Is it because you agree with facts that have already been shown to be BS?


If you would go back yourself, I was replying to Rker asking her if she had the right to tell others what they can or cannot post.  Then you jumped in with your comments.

 

So do you think that a poster has the right to tell another poster what they can or cannot post, or is that for the moderator to say?  You think she can tell Soosie that she's not supposed to post that meme?  Why?  I believe you jumped for pure partisan reasons.

 

With that have a good afternoon.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
404
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
5
Kudos
398
Views

Re: SOCIAL SECURITY FACTS

398 Views
Message 14 of 29

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:


 If you don't have anything to add to this thread, why are you even bothering?

So, why are you also bothering?  What do you think of Soosie's post?  One could guess.


Unlike you, I already posted what I thought about it.  Page down to see.  Why don't you have an opinion on this?  Is it because you agree with facts that have already been shown to be BS?

Report Inappropriate Content
5
Kudos
398
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
397
Views

Re: SOCIAL SECURITY FACTS

397 Views
Message 15 of 29

@sp362 wrote:


 If you don't have anything to add to this thread, why are you even bothering?

So, why are you also bothering?  What do you think of Soosie's post?  One could guess.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
397
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
5
Kudos
407
Views

Re: SOCIAL SECURITY FACTS

407 Views
Message 16 of 29

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Dear  Soosie,  when posting about Social Security in this mesessge board, and in this Forum make sure that you really know what you are saying. Remember

This is not Fox News. 


Do you have the right to tell others what they can or cannot post?


Instead of scolding another poster, why don't you tell us what you think of Soosie's meme.


Does it matter?  What does that have to do with my answer to Rker's post?


Because there are multiple ways you could interpret Rker's post.  You could take it as you did, or take it as a disagreement with what Soosie posted.  If you don't have anything to add to this thread, why are you even bothering?

Report Inappropriate Content
5
Kudos
407
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
407
Views

Re: SOCIAL SECURITY FACTS

407 Views
Message 17 of 29

@sp362 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Dear  Soosie,  when posting about Social Security in this mesessge board, and in this Forum make sure that you really know what you are saying. Remember

This is not Fox News. 


Do you have the right to tell others what they can or cannot post?


Instead of scolding another poster, why don't you tell us what you think of Soosie's meme.


Does it matter?  What does that have to do with my answer to Rker's post?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
407
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
402
Views

Re: SOCIAL SECURITY FACTS

402 Views
Message 18 of 29

A former friend of mine followed this progression. 

 

Married a fine lady whose family was deeply involved in the evangelical movement in which Bill James Hargis had been a major player. 

 

Became a regular, along with his wife and family, at the various functions of the movement. 

 

Espoused ideological convictions that crossed over from the religious to the political.

 

Experienced a major business failure that approached personal bankruptcy.  Experienced an 'awakening' at a religious function that, as he said, caused him to march down the aisle and be 'born again'.  From that point on felt it was 'wrong' to expose himself or his family to anything that did not 'reinforce his belief' and refused to do so.

 

Early on embraced the TEA party,  the NRA and the neo-conservative movement, but never again engaged in business on his own, working for corporations servicing public pharmaceutical needs.  

 

Considered 'his' secular affiliations an integral part of the evangelical movement and therefore his 'duty' to promulgate and proselytize. 

 

Considered the Supreme Court, as configured, to actually BE a 'work of the devil', consisting of too many apostates, illegally 'legislating from the bench', destroying our Nation and his personal religious rights. He said, 'anything at all to rid ourselves of this apostasy is God's will and we must do it'.  He meant it.

 

He became ever more 'conservative', intolerant of everything not conforming to his religious beliefs, teaching the same multiple times weekly to youth groups in his congregation and in any affiliated congregation across the country when he and his wife traveled.  That intolerance was specififcally directed at Mexican Immigrants, legal and illegal, who he blamed in part for his business failure, mainly because of the sociological shifts in his community caused by their arrival, including depressed property values he attributed to their arrival.  He held the same attitude toward Aftrican Americans; I can't repeat the term he used for them here. His once rational reasoning became increasingly non-rational, excluding any alternatives to what he 'believed' for that was the Truth...nothing else.

 

Obama was understandably anathema to him.  So was anything associated with Obama.  Obama was black...he wasn't born here..he intended to Make America Black. Obama was the devil personified and the Supreme Court was composed of his disciples.  Trump's promise vis-a-vis the Supreme Court rang true to him and he stated emphatically that he would vote for Trump because of that despite all else.  He became an ardent Trump supporter supporter and to my knowledge remains so today.  I couldn't say for sure....we don't talk much anymore.

 

I tell you all this because I think this is not a unique story by any means.  I think this story recurs with some variation throughout the political base that put 'the donald' and his devotees in office.  I think what the Republican Party sought to 'exploit' became Frankenstein's Monster, impossible to control.  I think this 'Monster' is a tragic figure just as Frankenstein's was.  

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
402
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
5
Kudos
403
Views

Re: SOCIAL SECURITY FACTS

403 Views
Message 19 of 29

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Dear  Soosie,  when posting about Social Security in this mesessge board, and in this Forum make sure that you really know what you are saying. Remember

This is not Fox News. 


Do you have the right to tell others what they can or cannot post?


Instead of scolding another poster, why don't you tell us what you think of Soosie's meme.

Report Inappropriate Content
5
Kudos
403
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
401
Views

Re: SOCIAL SECURITY FACTS

401 Views
Message 20 of 29

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:


 

Do you have the right to tell others what they can or cannot post?


YES   of  course I do. because I know that you are going to run as fast as you can to remind me.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
401
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.


multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors