Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: SHOULD I COME FORWARD ABOUT KAVANAUGH OR NOT ?

Message 51 of 58

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Until names are specified and proof is given, this is another futile attempt by liberals to delay/derail Cavanaugh from the high bench.

I don't think is a Liberal ploy  is simply a good healine. but Feinstein had to deliver that letter to the FBI  even if she  didn't believe in the conent.
Don't you know the laws? if someone comes to you and says that anyone abused them you by law have to contact the appropriate agency and tell them what you  know.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 58

Oh  come on guys?   give him a chance  !!!!!!  he does't have enough power yet.. so we will see how he uses his power.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 58

@KidBoy2 wrote:
https://www.vox.com/2018/9/14/17860488/brett-kavanaugh-sexual-assault-georgetown-prep-defense

65 women who knew Brett Kavanaugh in high school defend his character
In light of allegations of sexual assault, 65 women say Kavanaugh always “treated women with respect.”
By Tara Golshan Sep 14, 2018, 11:50am EDT

Brett Kavanaugh denies allegations of assaulting a girl in high school. Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
Sixty-five women who knew Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh in high school have testified to his good character in a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee, in light of recently surfaced allegations that he tried to force himself on a girl during his time at Georgetown Preparatory School, an all-boys school in Bethesda, Maryland.

According to the allegations, detailed to congressional Democrats and reported by the New Yorker, Kavanaugh held down a girl at a high school party in the 1980s and attempted to force himself on her, covering her mouth to quiet her protests. Kavanaugh denied the allegations in a statement to the New Yorker, as did a classmate who was reportedly involved in the incident.

On Friday, Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley, the chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, released a letter written by 65 women who mostly attended all-girls high schools around Georgetown Prep and have known Kavanaugh for more than three decades, in defense of his character. The women write:

We are women who have known Brett Kavanaugh for more than 35 years and knew him while he attended high school between 1979 and 1983. For the entire time we have known Brett Kavanaugh, he has behaved honorably and treated women with respect. We strongly believe it is important to convey this information to the Committee at this time.

They went on to say that Kavanaugh “has stood out for his friendship, character, and integrity. In particular, he has always treated women with decency and respect,” and that many of them have remained friends with the judge over the past 35 years.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I go with the 65 and not with the one unidentified,

DId you wonder...when the accusation was made 65 people had ALREADY been rounded up and testified? The Republicans knew this was out there and sat on it. 

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 58
https://www.vox.com/2018/9/14/17860488/brett-kavanaugh-sexual-assault-georgetown-prep-defense

65 women who knew Brett Kavanaugh in high school defend his character
In light of allegations of sexual assault, 65 women say Kavanaugh always “treated women with respect.”
By Tara Golshan Sep 14, 2018, 11:50am EDT

Brett Kavanaugh denies allegations of assaulting a girl in high school. Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
Sixty-five women who knew Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh in high school have testified to his good character in a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee, in light of recently surfaced allegations that he tried to force himself on a girl during his time at Georgetown Preparatory School, an all-boys school in Bethesda, Maryland.

According to the allegations, detailed to congressional Democrats and reported by the New Yorker, Kavanaugh held down a girl at a high school party in the 1980s and attempted to force himself on her, covering her mouth to quiet her protests. Kavanaugh denied the allegations in a statement to the New Yorker, as did a classmate who was reportedly involved in the incident.

On Friday, Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley, the chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, released a letter written by 65 women who mostly attended all-girls high schools around Georgetown Prep and have known Kavanaugh for more than three decades, in defense of his character. The women write:

We are women who have known Brett Kavanaugh for more than 35 years and knew him while he attended high school between 1979 and 1983. For the entire time we have known Brett Kavanaugh, he has behaved honorably and treated women with respect. We strongly believe it is important to convey this information to the Committee at this time.

They went on to say that Kavanaugh “has stood out for his friendship, character, and integrity. In particular, he has always treated women with decency and respect,” and that many of them have remained friends with the judge over the past 35 years.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I go with the 65 and not with the one unidentified,
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 58

The bottom line is, if you knowingly put people like this in a position of power you are disrespecting all women. You are saying it doesnt matter these people will be making decisions for your wife and daughters. its ok to wink wink nod nod when it happens to them too. If your wife and daughters are fine with this..loan em out, pimp em out. There is really no difference difference, supporting these people is a slap in thier face to your wives and daughters. 

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 58
After like 24 hours of the Democrats trying to put words in his mouth.... they failed they are desperate and that shows with what Feinstein is trying to do.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 58

Until names are specified and proof is given, this is another futile attempt by liberals to delay/derail Cavanaugh from the high bench.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

SHOULD I COME FORWARD ABOUT KAVANAUGH OR NOT ?

Message 58 of 58

This can be a very tricky question, because it was presented After so Many Years and in July.

Now the after so many years that I can understand, and UNLESS you have been sexually assaulted it is very hard to discuss or tell someone. She may feel she had no reason to come forward and in High School was ashamed. Yes guys ashamed.   Now with Kavanaugh being elected as a Supreme Court Judge  that may just have been too much for her to let  it go, because of  the Position. 

Now as for getting the letter now, Feinstein had the letter since July and she should have handed it over in July not so late in the voting. But because the Rep. will NOT let the Dem. see many of Kavanaugh's records, it should be looked into further. If not that, Then Give the Dem, more past records, and ALL WILL BE FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR.   But we all know that won't happen, all will go on as if nothing happened or existed, and Kavanaugh like The Donald will go through. 

If the  girl now a lady doesn't want to come forward she really should  have said nothing because it has just opened up a hornets nest, but she did so and in time. She also being a Law Professor Should Have Known it would be VERY helpful to the Dem for her to come forward.  It's Feinstein's fault it is so late. As for coming forward  because it's a sexual assault it's hard to really say yes or no, NOT unless you have been SEXUALLY  assaulted yourself.

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Replies