Reply
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
359
Views

Re: SHOCKING NEW DNA STUDY

359 Views
Message 31 of 136

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

You still insist that a law can make a person physically either a man or woman?   Will that enable the one that was made a female capable of giving birth?

 

 


Could you show the post or link to an article where ANYONE said a law could do this? 

 

Could you point to the law you seem to think tries to do this?

 

Starting to understand the term "Fake News" much better now. 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
359
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
362
Views

Re: SHOCKING NEW DNA STUDY

362 Views
Message 32 of 136

@BigLib wrote:

I'll address that thought -- it's asinine.

 

Now you're back on the kick that unless someone can and does reproduce, they can't be the sex the law recognizes them as, and they identify with.

 

Fotunately, you don't get to make that determination for them. That's between the law and themselves. No amount of intolerant whining will change it.

 

 


You still insist that a law can make a person physically either a man or woman?   Will that enable the one that was made a female capable of giving birth?

 

So far you have taken this all around the merry-go-round by bringing up everything but the original thought of anyone that feels they are a woman trapped in a man's body being able to give birth.  But of course all that has to be done is that they can do it because of a law?  That's what you are saying.

 

Where is the intolerance but with the one accusing others of intolerance?


“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
362
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
364
Views

Re: SHOCKING NEW DNA STUDY

364 Views
Message 33 of 136

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

 

So, the law is what it is. Your refusal of the law is nothing more than intolerance. And, well, you just need to get over it.

 

 


The law has nothing to do with the original idea I presented that just because one feels like he is a woman trapped inside a man's body that they can give birth which a woman does.

 

You have been throwing everything into this, like adoption, the law, etc. but not addressing that.  Now you are bringing in elections, asexual and nothing to do with the thought.  Of course you can't disprove what I posted, so you start attempting to attack in other ways. 

 

Can you address that even though someone who thinks they are trapped in the wrong body cannot reproduce normally in the gender they feel they are?  Address the thought.  You are the one obfuscating by bringing up everything but what I first stated. 


I'll address that thought -- it's asinine.

 

Now you're back on the kick that unless someone can and does reproduce, they can't be the sex the law recognizes them as, and they identify with.

 

Fotunately, you don't get to make that determination for them. That's between the law and themselves. No amount of intolerant whining will change it.

 

 

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (13 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
364
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
377
Views

Re: SHOCKING NEW DNA STUDY

377 Views
Message 34 of 136

@alferdpacker wrote:

 

You might note that of late, the two of us are not the only ones taking issue with inaccuracies in the content of some posts...

 


Of course if anyone here keeps making light of their background, whether it is in the educational field, military or science or even whatever, then it stands to reason that they will be held accountable for accuracy.  Of course the military was my profession, but my training was in the computer field. 

 

But when someone's posts indicate they are not exactly up to speed on their claimed expertise, then they have no right to criticize others. 

 

As far as the science you mentioned, it depends on factual matters, but in the areas of what has been discussed here, there is no definite proof that gender is something that is physically evident, only on 'feelings'.  If there was any scientific proof that a person's sexual orientation, etc was in the genes, it would have already been proclaimed extensively. 

 

Therefore this is all to justify anything but straight behavior, not absolute proof.  No one has offered any but just attempts to obfuscate as one poster put it.

 

As a post-script, evolution was brought up once and I believe I have posted before that it is possible that some evolutionary theories follows along with biblical teachings.  Of course some details are in disagreement.

 

I do note that there is more of a tendency among the liberal side to argue rather than present factual proven info to back up their opinions.

 

The discussion seems to have ran it's course so I'm unsubscribing from it.


“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
377
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
394
Views

Re: SHOCKING NEW DNA STUDY

394 Views
Message 35 of 136

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:




The red highlighted sentence - yeah, me too.

Really loved those double negatives back when I was about twelve - adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing by negatives - even multiple negatives - they were sooo much fun when you managed to avoid the trap they set in mathematics...

 



So you go after grammar, etc since you can't prove that I'm not wrong?   Then you go off on a bunch of malarky that has nothing to do with the discussion.  This rates up there with your bringing in bacteria, organisms, etc...nothing to do with humans. 

 

All this means neither you nor the other frequent poster on the topic can't say I'm wrong.

 

 


I'll leave observation regarding the above highlighted sentence to "the other frequent poster" whose training and earned degrees are more suited to evaluating that sentence...

 

Of course I am allowed to observe and comment when there are errors in the content of posts.

 

All I have to do is observe that science - the real world - the one that flies to the moon, designs and manufactures aircraft, cars, trucks, ships and thousands of other manifestations of advanced science - has said how it is - because that IS how it is - I merely quote some of those facts when it suits my purposes.

 

You might note that of late, the two of us are not the only ones taking issue with inaccuracies in the content of some posts...

 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
394
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
398
Views

Re: SHOCKING NEW DNA STUDY

398 Views
Message 36 of 136

@pc6063 wrote:

HI tx, I'm the other frequent poster.

First of all, homosexuality occurring at time of conception has been a known fact in the scientific community for a good  long time. Haven't heard it debated anywhere in forever. Presented here as a form of hate mongering.

 



As far as homosexuality occuring at the moment of conception, I note that neither you nor anyone else has proven that to be true.  And the scientific community hasn't proven it either, but many keeps throwing it out as a theory.  Basically neighter that community nor any of the posters her can prove any of this.  It is more social engineering politics rather than science.

 

Have to wonder where asexuality has anything with human reproduction, but of course neither you nor any other poster can explain that either. 

 

As far as grammar, etc, I don't claim to be a former teacher, nor holder of three and almost a fourth as you claim.  My expertise wasn't in spelling, writing,  punctuation but in computer technology with an additional one of being a soldier. 


“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
398
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
391
Views

Re: SHOCKING NEW DNA STUDY

391 Views
Message 37 of 136

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

 

Comparing your reasons for capitalizing a geographical place just to point out that's "where" a study comes from to my posts regarding Texas, the #1 state in regards to Institutional Racism, is a false argument.


Of course you are attempting to claim bias as always.  So what if I did, isn't that your method of posting your attempts to stir up racism in regards to a particular state.  And you've been the one drawing attention to your ethnic background and not anyone else. 

 

So how can the Liberty people be blamed for a study done by a scientific institute in Israel?  Can you address that instead of throwing blame on others?  Or is it just to use the blame game when it's convenient?


Because Liberty totally misrepresented what the study was about, and you seem to accept them at their word.  The study was about what other genetic differences were found depending on if you have an X or Y chromosone.  It had NOTHING to do with sexual orientation.

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
391
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
391
Views

Re: SHOCKING NEW DNA STUDY

391 Views
Message 38 of 136

@nctarheel wrote:

 

Comparing your reasons for capitalizing a geographical place just to point out that's "where" a study comes from to my posts regarding Texas, the #1 state in regards to Institutional Racism, is a false argument.


Of course you are attempting to claim bias as always.  So what if I did, isn't that your method of posting your attempts to stir up racism in regards to a particular state.  And you've been the one drawing attention to your ethnic background and not anyone else. 

 

So how can the Liberty people be blamed for a study done by a scientific institute in Israel?  Can you address that instead of throwing blame on others?  Or is it just to use the blame game when it's convenient?


“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
391
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
390
Views

Re: SHOCKING NEW DNA STUDY

390 Views
Message 39 of 136

@BigLib wrote:

 

So, the law is what it is. Your refusal of the law is nothing more than intolerance. And, well, you just need to get over it.

 

 


The law has nothing to do with the original idea I presented that just because one feels like he is a woman trapped inside a man's body that they can give birth which a woman does.

 

You have been throwing everything into this, like adoption, the law, etc. but not addressing that.  Now you are bringing in elections, asexual and nothing to do with the thought.  Of course you can't disprove what I posted, so you start attempting to attack in other ways. 

 

Can you address that even though someone who thinks they are trapped in the wrong body cannot reproduce normally in the gender they feel they are?  Address the thought.  You are the one obfuscating by bringing up everything but what I first stated. 


“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
390
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
390
Views

Re: SHOCKING NEW DNA STUDY

390 Views
Message 40 of 136

@pc6063 wrote:
Tx--Outside influences--Yup, nature!

Get real, nature isn't an outside influence.

 

Nature is the gender one's body says the person is, not what they feel they are. 



“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
390
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors