Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: SHOCKING NEW DNA STUDY

Message 11 of 136

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

...I assure you that conception can indeed occur without copulation or intercourse

--

Of course that still includes a male donor.  But can a male who feels there is a woman trapped inside conceive?  Doubtful.  I notice that there has been a great deal of posts all around that topic, but none directly addessing it.

I'm familiar with mythology, but of course I don't recall any virgin births neither.  But that has nothing to do with this discussion.

I agree....trouble is I didn't bring the matter of virgin births into the discussion...you did.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 136

This brings the attention to a real problem that Christian Conservatives like the Liberty group have.  Because they believe the underlying activity of homosexuality is such a sin, they assume they only need to name a related fact and the world will gasp.  

"Men and women cannot be changed by makeup,an operation, or a law" GASP

The problem with this tactic is that it can be counted by "What is your point?" 

The laws regarding sexuality in the United States are all about the rights of "those people"

• Should it be legal  to harm them?
  • Should it be legal to exclude them from services like health care?
  • Should it be legal to restrict where they can live? 

What is your point?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 136

@Snoopy48 wrote:

Then why did you bring it into the discussion?

I didn't.   Another poster brought that in.  Have you read the previous posts?

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 136

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

...I assure you that conception can indeed occur without copulation or intercourse

--

Of course that still includes a male donor.  But can a male who feels there is a woman trapped inside conceive?  Doubtful.  I notice that there has been a great deal of posts all around that topic, but none directly addessing it.

I'm familiar with mythology, but of course I don't recall any virgin births neither.  But that has nothing to do with this discussion.

Then why did you bring it into the discussion?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 136

@umbarch64 wrote:

All this means neither you nor the other frequent poster on the topic can't say I'm wrong. 

Mebee so, TX, mebee so.  But can and will say you are not right.  Now prove me wrong.

Of course the 'can't say I'm wrong' was in reference to attempting to sidetrack off my comment about giving the giving birth by a man who feels there is a woman trapped inside.  I note that there has been a lot of obfuscation with that comment.

It's been amazing at some of the off-beat replies to that. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 136

@umbarch64 wrote:

--

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 136

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

The red highlighted sentence - yeah, me too.

Really loved those double negatives back when I was about twelve - adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing by negatives - even multiple negatives - they were sooo much fun when you managed to avoid the trap they set in mathematics...

So you go after grammar, etc since you can't prove that I'm not wrong?   Then you go off on a bunch of malarky that has nothing to do with the discussion.  This rates up there with your bringing in bacteria, organisms, etc...nothing to do with humans. 

All this means neither you nor the other frequent poster on the topic can't say I'm wrong. 

Mebee so, TX, mebee so.  But can and will say you are not right.  Now prove me wrong.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 136

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

The 100 Trillion bacteria and other assorted organisms in your gut have never had gender - and they continue to reproduce just fine - if they didn't you wouldn't be able to stay alive...

Say - that means that in your gut alone, considerably more asexual reproduction occurs every month than has occurred between humans wordwide in the last century... 

God made you that way...

No kidding?  But you are still avoiding the fact that we are talking about humans and not bacteria or other organisms.  

As far as I've heard, there has only been one virgin birth in all time, and that was without any action on the part of any human.

I hate to butt in.....but [pun intended] alferd, I don't think you have inconrovertible evidence that a being believed or assumed to exist at all made anything at all....and that includes Tx.

Not meaning to be contrarious or anything....just sayin'.

And Tx....I assure you that conception can indeed occur without copulation or intercourse that ruptures the hymen.  If that is what you mean by 'virgin'.  That being said, a woman could indeed be pregnant AND have an intact hymen and no one could be sure how that happened if no one admitted what really went on.  Just sayin'.

Secondly Tx....the impregnation of human females by Gods or other supernatural beings is common in mythology that was once considered fact.  I can't recall whether or not the women in question remained a virgin by definition, though...IF you ARE interested, I'm sure you can find ample sources for research that doesn't really matter much anyway.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 136
The First Amendment to the United States Constitution allows people of certain opinions to display certain constitutionally permitted digital gestures and sing about how bigots **** (cause local atmosphere to rapidly flow towards them).

Gotta say - BigLib's revised lyrics are pretty hot...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 136

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

Oh, so you can't cite it to back up your claim. So really, all it is, is your opinion. Nobody actually said it, or else you'd be able to quote it, so you just made it up, and blame it on someone else. Gotcha.

No gotcha at all.  I post about one thing and you have been twisting it to being about something else.  I've been referring to biological functions and you tried to make it about the law.  No, the intolerance is on the part of those who attempt to deny others their opinion.  

This is mostly done like you have attempted to change to what the law says instead of what I actually posted.  Careful about patting yourself on the back, I understand that can lead to problems.

Why don't you and the others just sit and hold hands by the campfire and sing Kumbaya?

OK. Mind if I change the lyrics a bit?

Tx is lying, Lord, Kumbaya

What's your commandment say about that, Lord, Kumbaya

Introduce him to Ginseng, Lord, Kumbaya

Oh geez, Kumbaya

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (13 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: What advice do you need to better manage your stress and anxiety?

Clinical Psychologists Barry Jacobs and Julie Mayer will answer your questions on how to cope with the major life change, anxiety, and sadness we are all facing these days. Ask a question now and tune in live on May 27, 3-5 p.m. ET.

Top Authors