There's always more to discover with an AARP membership! Check out your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: SESSION'S RELIGIOUS LIBERTY TASK FORCE; OH MY GOD!!!!!

Message 11 of 33

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Our resident winger seems to think there's nothing wrong with creating a Government task force to protect Christian Churches when the ONLY Christian churches that have been attacked in the last decade "just happened to be" Black Christian churches.

Meanwhile the deadly attacks on Muslim and Jewish congregations are unworthy of consideration as a reason for Government protection in the Trump Administration.

Seems Der Trumper's only rational for this new expenditure of tax dollars is that War on Christmas  and "NoGoZones" being created to enforce Sharia Law in the US he keeps hearing about on Fox...oh yeah, it will also drive more dimwitted Fundies to the polls in November.

How about we protect the rights of Christians regardless of the color of their skin?

How about protecting the religious freedom of PEOPLE - can you handle that.

I have not seen Fox here but since you brought then up, should "no go zones" be protected?

And of course your bias - do "fundies" have freedom of religion?

How about you protect the rights of non-Christians regardless of the color of their skin. I, and most of the next few generations, are really sick of the special treatment Christians get in every corner of our lives.  Nobody takes Satan's birthday off and gets away with it. 

Satan's birthday - really?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Freedom of Religion VERSUS FREEDOM TO PERSECUTE

Message 12 of 33

@bkohatl wrote:

Alabama Jewish Boy.JPG

Your story is repeated time and again, @bkohatl, my friend.

That is why it is so distasteful that OUR GOVERNMENT sees fit to "protect" the MAJORITY RELIGION through use of a TASK FORCE when no mention is ever made of protections for the MUSLIMS, JEWS, HINDUS, SIKHS, GAYS, and other minorities that make up this great country.

That is why those that belong to these minorities see this as the first step toward a THEOCRACY in this country where CHRISTIANITY is the religion of the land.

THIS CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!

THIS ADMINISTRATION NEEDS TO BE REMOVED FROM OFFICE!!!!!!!!

THEY ARE DESTROYING OUR DEMOCRACY AND ITS PHILOSOPHY!!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Freedom of Religion VERSUS FREEDOM TO PERSECUTE

Message 13 of 33

Alabama Jewish Boy.JPG

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Arkansas Evangelical Public School Principal brags about beating kids.

Message 14 of 33

An Evangelical School Principal in Arkansas went before his congregation and bragged about beating kids who took part in the March for our Lives protest over the Parkland Massacre. A modest proposal we start calling these massacres Trump Bible Belt NRA Republican MASSACRES of our kids. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/teens-face-corporal-punishment-in-rural-arkansas-for-participating-in-...

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 33

@rk9152 wrote:

How about we protect the rights of Christians regardless of the color of their skin?

How about protecting the religious freedom of PEOPLE - can you handle that.

I have not seen Fox here but since you brought then up, should "no go zones" be protected?

And of course your bias - do "fundies" have freedom of religion?

How about we protect the rights of EVERY AMERICAN, regardless of their religion?

Assume nothing. Question everything. And start thinking.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 33

nctarheel:

In an obvious move to make the Evangelicals and CHRISTIANITY the religion of the land, Jeff Sessions has announced the formulation of a religious task force.

In Saudi Arabia they're known as the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice. Wonder what the name here will be.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 33

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Just to be clear. When Christians have some kind of religious oriented event or stone carvings in the town square,  they tell us we don't have to look at it. If it is a non-Christian group having a religious oriented event or (gasp) they want to put up a statue, the Christian response is "this is violating my religious liberty"

No kidding?  You have examples of that?  Hasn't court decisions been clear about that? 

Court decisions? I'm not sure. Do we have any schools which have the ten commandments posted on the wall?  Towns with them etched in stone?  How odd that it keeps coming into court if Christians are so happy to let it go. 

If I believe it is OK to marry another man, will Christians let me do so?  There IS a court case about that but I seem to remember. Kim Davis announcing she had the right to refuse to allow marriage licenses because of her "religious liberty".  

The courts and the science showed that a fetus is not  a child under a certain point in the term and may be legally removed.  Christians post screaming whack jobs at female clinics, whether or not they perform abortions, and think it is God's work. 

I am forced by law to give my employees Xmas off.  Why is that? 

We have never heard of a "war on Hanukkah". 

Christians are such hypocrites they don't even recognize their hypocrisy. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 33

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Just to be clear. When Christians have some kind of religious oriented event or stone carvings in the town square,  they tell us we don't have to look at it. If it is a non-Christian group having a religious oriented event or (gasp) they want to put up a statue, the Christian response is "this is violating my religious liberty"

No kidding?  You have examples of that?  Hasn't(sic) court decisions been clear about that? 

Court decisions have been clear - nevertheless, disingenuous xtian ** bleep** wits and **bleep** wads continue to persist in their lies...

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894 - APPLIES TO TRUMP TODAY
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 33

@Richva wrote:

No kidding?  You have examples of that?  Hasn't court decisions been clear about that? 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 33

Kudos
Views