Hundreds of Member Benefits. One Convenient Place to Explore Them. Check it Out!

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Be Afraid, BE VERY AFRAID of the Republican Party

Message 11 of 28

rk9152 wrote:

bkohatl wrote:

If you love your Nana or Granny or your children and grand children, be afraid, be very afraid. OMB Director Mick Mulvaney (R-SC) called Medicare and Social Security WELFARE. It seems to me I Paid Social Security and Medicare TAXES for 44 years for Social Security and Medicare and now that I AM READY TO DRAW ON IT REPUBLICANS ARE GOING TO STEAL IT. I don't think so. AUX BARRICADES

Any proposal I have seen applied only to those not near retirement as yet. Have you seen otherwise?

Why don't you go back and read what the OMB director said? He tells us that he was trying to get some of the far right ideas ready to present to Congress for them to pass so people would die in the streets. The first 2 items he brought up were SS, and Medi Care. Trump said no as he told his supporters no change in them. So the OMB Director changed the way he presented the die in the Streets items to Trump. He told Trump here was a welfare reform item which was SS disability, made his proposal. Trump said we need WR and approved it. What the OMB director told us Trump understands none of this, and is an idiot who can and is used by the people around him. Looks like Trump is just like his followers.

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: SENIOR'S SHOULD BE TERRIFIED

Message 12 of 28

mandm84 wrote:

That's the attitude that will kill Social Security and Medicare. As long as I got mine , who cares about those struggling !!!

What about those who worked hard all their lives and have earned SS and Medicare but are not struggling? Are they not entitled to it?

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Be Afraid, BE VERY AFRAID of the Republican Party

Message 13 of 28

bkohatl wrote:

If you love your Nana or Granny or your children and grand children, be afraid, be very afraid. OMB Director Mick Mulvaney (R-SC) called Medicare and Social Security WELFARE. It seems to me I Paid Social Security and Medicare TAXES for 44 years for Social Security and Medicare and now that I AM READY TO DRAW ON IT REPUBLICANS ARE GOING TO STEAL IT. I don't think so. AUX BARRICADES

Any proposal I have seen applied only to those not near retirement as yet. Have you seen otherwise?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 28

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

mandm84 wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/7f380e37-fcc1-3a27-ace5-74530462280d/why-older-americans-should-be.html

If you read the link you provided they start by saying ..."the average taxpayer making $70K won't save much under the new tax plan.  Well, if you consider almost $2K returned to you to spend as you wish nothing, please donate this amount to charity.

OR .... Far more accurately, "consider" that the REAL "return" for middle class Americans which will be minimalistic to an actual tax increase!

The "real return" is proportional to what you paid in as taxes.

No it's not .... And how do you address the middle class Americans who will actually see NO RETURN AND A TAX INCREASE!!!

The small minority of middle class Americans who get no tax benefit or a tax increase live in very blue states like NY, NJ, California and have governors that give them big state income taxes which will NOT be able to get the rest of America to subsidize them much anymore.

As a radical leftist, you of course want someone else's money returned to you. Keep waiting in line for other people's money!

An absurd unsubstantiated false accusation!!!

It's way better spent by you than the government!

Actually, you'll see very little or an actual tax increase ..... with your tax increase going to fund the tax cuts handed out to the most wealthy!

Actually, all those people who are NOT part of the 47% (who pay no tax) will appreciate the new money the government returns to them.

Absurd .... how can anything be "returned" if it wasn't paid in the first place per YOUR assertion?

Mostly, the left will not care since they are the bulk of the 47%.

And yet another absurd unsubstantiated false accusation!!!  But do recall that tax loopholes enable the wealthy to pay no taxes .... like Trump!!!

You keep repeating that yet you have provided no proof that Trump pays no taxes. I'm sure he pays much more than you and I added together!

Whatever amount you think you will receive NOTHAPPENING, will be readily eaten away by massive Medicare cost increases when Trump and his Republican bandits rob $400 Billion from Medicare to pay for the colossal tax cuts given to the most wealthy!

Trump is not taking any Medicare money away.

The Congressional Budget Office says otherwise NOTHAPPENING!  A $400 Billion cut to Medicare awaits due to the Trump/Republican tax cuts given to the wealthy!!!

It still isn't sinking in, is it Myexper?  Everyone is getting a income tax cut that pays taxes.

You must stop listening to all those pseudo news stations that are broadcasting hate.

Actually, it's Trump that is continually "broadcasting hate".  So "stop listening" to him!

He seems to get under the skin of people that hate him?

Time to get a life Myexper.

Actually NOTHAPPENING, it's time for you to become informed instead of posting unsubstantiated, made up false accusations!!!

Actually, it is time for you to not make unsubstantiated claims. When it happens, then tell me about it. Don't make projections from your left wing lemmings.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 28

That's the attitude that will kill Social Security and Medicare. As long as I got mine , who cares about those struggling !!!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 28

rk9152 wrote:

mandm84 wrote:

1.5 TRILLION added to our deficit courtesy of our Far Right "Fiscal" Conservatives LOL !!! Same deficit building G.W. Bush left us with , but hey the Rich got Richer !!!

I've heard that our grandchildren should be concerned about the national debt. Why should seniors by terrified?

Terrified of what we will be leaving those that are younger, including our grandchildren.  Of course some seem to not care about that at all, the old "I've got mine, the heck with everyone else syndrome". Some don't care if we even leave them a planet to live on.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly

Be Afraid, BE VERY AFRAID of the Republican Party

Message 17 of 28

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 28

mandm84 wrote:

1.5 TRILLION added to our deficit courtesy of our Far Right "Fiscal" Conservatives LOL !!! Same deficit building G.W. Bush left us with , but hey the Rich got Richer !!!

I've heard that our grandchildren should be concerned about the national debt. Why should seniors by terrified?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 28

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

mandm84 wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/7f380e37-fcc1-3a27-ace5-74530462280d/why-older-americans-should-be.html

If you read the link you provided they start by saying ..."the average taxpayer making $70K won't save much under the new tax plan.  Well, if you consider almost $2K returned to you to spend as you wish nothing, please donate this amount to charity.

OR .... Far more accurately, "consider" that the REAL "return" for middle class Americans which will be minimalistic to an actual tax increase!

The "real return" is proportional to what you paid in as taxes.

No it's not .... And how do you address the middle class Americans who will actually see NO RETURN AND A TAX INCREASE!!!

As a radical leftist, you of course want someone else's money returned to you. Keep waiting in line for other people's money!

An absurd unsubstantiated false accusation!!!

Actually, you'll see very little or an actual tax increase ..... with your tax increase going to fund the tax cuts handed out to the most wealthy!

Actually, all those people who are NOT part of the 47% (who pay no tax) will appreciate the new money the government returns to them.

Absurd .... how can anything be "returned" if it wasn't paid in the first place per YOUR assertion?

Mostly, the left will not care since they are the bulk of the 47%.

And yet another absurd unsubstantiated false accusation!!!  But do recall that tax loopholes enable the wealthy to pay no taxes .... like Trump!!!

Whatever amount you think you will receive NOTHAPPENING, will be readily eaten away by massive Medicare cost increases when Trump and his Republican bandits rob $400 Billion from Medicare to pay for the colossal tax cuts given to the most wealthy!

Trump is not taking any Medicare money away.

The Congressional Budget Office says otherwise NOTHAPPENING!  A $400 Billion cut to Medicare awaits due to the Trump/Republican tax cuts given to the wealthy!!!

You must stop listening to all those pseudo news stations that are broadcasting hate.

Actually, it's Trump that is continually "broadcasting hate".  So "stop listening" to him!

Time to get a life Myexper.

Actually NOTHAPPENING, it's time for you to become informed instead of posting unsubstantiated, made up false accusations!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 28

myexper wrote:

NOTHAPPENING wrote:

mandm84 wrote:

The "real return" is proportional to what you paid in as taxes. As a radical leftist, you of course want someone else's money returned to you. Keep waiting in line for other people's money!

Actually, all those people who are NOT part of the 47% (who pay no tax) will appreciate the new money the government returns to them. Mostly, the left will not care since they are the bulk of the 47%.

Trump is not taking any Medicare money away. You must stop listening to all those pseudo news stations that are broadcasting hate. Time to get a life Myexper.

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors