SAVE THE EPA - OPPOSE BILL - HR 861

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: SAVE THE EPA - OPPOSE BILL - HR 861

Message 11 of 12

This subject is dear to me for good reason. I will stand against the EPA being eliminated or even weakened. The EPA needs strengthened if anything for the health of all Americans and for the welfare of our country.

I have a blood cancer that is caused by pollution. Solvents, like gasoline and oil, being leaked into our environment, and solvents in products such as weed killers and defoliants are what caused my cancer. Trump signing an EO allowing Big Coal to dump its 'sludge' waste into our waterways in Kentucky and in other states has certainly not helped, there are solvents in that waste and it ends up in the water supply .

The cancer I have afflicts less than 1% of our society. Without the EPA and regulations this percentage would climb and our children and grandchildren would develop this cancer in much larger numbers. China has a rate of this cancer multiple times higher than the rate in America. China has no EPA.

Anyone who supports weakening the EPA or eliminating it is supporting higher rates of environmental cancers and other illnesses for our children and grandchildren. Make your choice about your position on this issue wisely, our health and the health of our future generations depend on it. Stand against weakening or eliminating the EPA.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

SAVE THE EPA - OPPOSE BILL - HR 861

Message 12 of 12

Tell Congress to Defend the EPA

A bill ( HR 861 ) introduced in Congress February 3 is designed "To terminate the Environmental Protection Agency."

This is not hyperbole. This is not a drill. This bill, along with the nomination of Scott Pruitt and leaked Trump administration plans, make it clear that they intend to follow through on campaign promises to eliminate the agency. Polluters would be unchecked, and even programs that are popular in red states, like Superfund cleanups, would go away. 

The good news is, we're fighting back. People have already hit the streets against this radical agenda. Join them by sending a message to your Representative and Senators to tell them to oppose this and any other attempt to eliminate the EPA.

Source - Sierra Club.org

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors