Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: SAD DAY FOR PUBLIC EDUCATION

Message 11 of 17
Parental control restored at last. It's about time!

Hopefully, and if so the better teachers may be attracted to teaching. The teachers in my family could not wait to retire early. They said they were not teachers anymore, just someone who tried to keep some kind of order in a classroom. Then, there were the teachers who went to prison because they could not control their "urges" toward young girls and boys. Our school system has been a mess.

Soosie
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 17

Parental control restored at last.  It's about time!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 17

Mimi and Umbarch

In between crying babies and texting friends I have contacted friends and family about this bill,  asking them to contact their representatives.  I tried to call mine but he was out for the day. (can hardly wait for the day he's out altogether,but I digress)

We all need to call our family and our friends and give them the name of the bill and ask them to please contact their representatives ASAP.  This is another raping of out  country's future, for education is power!!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 17

@mimi0000 wrote:

If you call your representative ask him/her to vote NO on House Bill 610 (HR 610) introduced by three Republican reps.
EDUCATION is the backbone of our democracy and it is under siege.

The concerted push to establish a doctrinaire educational system is underway and the RRRR is behind it.  Call your Representative.  Tell him/her you WILL remember and you WILL vote in 2018.

Once more...a theocratic plutocracy is absolutely possible right here in the good ol' US of A.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 17

Mimi-these aren't people presenting these bills these are stupid,  cold,  Uncaring monsters.  It's another when you can think Trump four with Betsy DeVos who are all probability bought her way into office. ( her husband's medical facility had the second largest number of pings on it in Trump Towers beaten out only by a Russian bank.)

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 17
Change.org has a Petition on this Bill. I just signed it.
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

SAD DAY FOR PUBLIC EDUCATION

Message 17 of 17

Sad day for public education in the United States. The U.S. House of Representatives has introduced Bill 610. This bill will effectively start a school voucher system to be used by children ages 5 to 17, and starts the de-funding process of public schools.
The bill will eliminate the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESSA) of 1965 which is the nation's educational law and provides equal opportunity in education. It is a comprehensive program that covers programs for struggling learners, AP classes, ESL classes, classes for minorities such as Native Americans, Rural Education, Education for the Homeless, School Safety (Gun-Free schools), Monitoring and Compliance and Federal Accountability Programs.
The bill also abolishes the Nutritional Act of 2012 (No Hungry Kids Act) which provides nutritional standards in school breakfast and lunch. For our most vulnerable, this may be the ONLY nutritious food they have in a day.
The bill has no wording whatsoever protecting special needs kids, no mention of IDEA and FAPE.
Some things the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESSA) of 1965 does for Children with Disabilities:
-ensures access to the general education curriculum
-ensures access to accommodations on assessments
-ensures concepts of Universal Design for Learning
-includes provisions that require local education agencies to provide evidence-based interventions in schools with consistently under performing subgroups
-requires states in Title I plans to address how they will improve conditions for learning including reducing incidents of bullying and harassment in schools, overuse of discipline practices and reduce the use of aversive behavioral interventions (such as restraints and seclusion).
If you call your representative ask him/her to vote NO on House Bill 610 (HR 610) introduced by three Republican reps.
EDUCATION is the backbone of our democracy and it is under siege.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs