Reply
Bronze Conversationalist

Ruth Bader Ginsburg was selfish

RIP to Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Nothing against her personally.

 

However the smart and prudent move would have been to retire when Obama was president. Now Trump and Mitch have a chance to sneak in some crazy extremist judge.

 

Was she simply discounting the chance of a Republican winning? 

 

It was her dying wish that she not be replaced until the election. As an intelligent and bright woman with a history of ailments, shouldn't she have took one for team blue?

 

Now Trump can nominate some crazy judge like Amy Coney Barrett

“Trump masquerades as an angel of light, but he is the father of lies”
0 Kudos
778 Views
25
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

I have the utmost respect for  Ginsburg. What an amazing and gracious lady she was, a very strong, competent and gifted woman. No, I would never call her "selfish".

 

However (in hindsight) I do agree that it would have best if she had stepped down during Obama's second term and allowed him to appoint a replacement.

 

To be fair, Ginsburg or no other person had a crystal ball or could foresee a man like tRump being elected as POTUS. BUT, the possibility of the president to follow Obama being a Republican was very real.

 

I just wish that Ginsburg had survived until tRump was defeated, but she didn't. Rest her soul and I hope she gets her dying wish, that the next POTUS is not tRump and that he or she is the one to appoint the person to replace her.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Contributor

Childish names used by people that play childish games. Ginsberg was unfit to sit but refused to step down
0 Kudos
512 Views
4
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@ae9248542 wrote:
Childish names used by people that play childish games. Ginsberg(sic) was unfit to sit but refused to step down

She was a competent as anyone on the Bench, if you think she wasn't then show proof.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
491 Views
3
Report
Contributor

The proof is in the article written 2 years ago by a reporter by the name of Tracey Watson, The title is:
:<Ruth Bader Ginsburg clearly showing toxic effects of “chemo brain” … unable to think clearly, takes LONG pauses during conversations>
You can search on that if the link below fails.

https://gorsuch.news/2018-02-17-ruth-bader-ginsburg-clearly-showing-toxic-effects-of-chemo-brain-una...
0 Kudos
448 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@ae9248542 wrote:
The proof is in the article written 2 years ago by a reporter by the name of Tracey Watson, The title is:
:<Ruth Bader Ginsburg clearly showing toxic effects of “chemo brain” … unable to think clearly, takes LONG pauses during conversations>
You can search on that if the link below fails.

https://gorsuch.news/2018-02-17-ruth-bader-ginsburg-clearly-showing-toxic-effects-of-chemo-brain-una...

A link to  'Trump 2020' as a reputable souirce?  ROFLMAO !!!!

 

I have done chemo off and on since 2011, including two stem cell transplants. During that time I had very brief effects of 'chemo-brain'. These effects were extremely short term with no long term effects, enabling me to continue working as a quality engineer, which I still do today. I speak from personal experience with this, do you?

 

Ruth Ginsberg did her job efficiently and astoundingly, one could only hope that all Justices could live up to the example she set.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
424 Views
1
Report
Contributor

Congrats on your recovery, happy for you!. OK so lets say you need very complicated brain surgery. Do you let the Dr who has been treated with Chemo steadily for 20 years do that job? Watch that recorded interview of her interview performance and tell us if you think you would have come through that surgery alive! RBG deserves respect for her brilliance but not for remaining on the bench when she clearly should not have been.!
0 Kudos
394 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@ChasKy53 wrote:

I just wish that Ginsburg had survived until tRump was defeated, but she didn't. Rest her soul and I hope she gets her dying wish, that the next POTUS is not tRump and that he or she is the one to appoint the person to replace her.


I read she dictated her words to her granddaughter.  Maybe pages of her words.  President Donald J. Trump said he thinks RBG's family is lying about those words, because they pertain to him.  They are not real to him, they don't count, don't believe it.  BUT, I'm stumped to what dumbskull expected she really said instead of as reported by her loved ones.  He never manages to make much of a good case for himself.

0 Kudos
385 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

"Where is that iron-clad evidence from Adam Schiff?"

Instead of reading the phony AG Barr version, read the actual Mueller Report and you will see tons of evidence against Comrade Trump, Vladimir's puppet. Unfortunately, the Dems were too stupid to utilize that evidence. But in the end, it would not have mattered because:

  • The Republicans did NOT allow the Dems to introduce evidence or call witnesses in their so called impeachment trial. That is only supposed to happen in Banana Republics, not the United States.
Contributor

I don't know what alternative universe you live in or maybe you are an artificial intelligence robot.  Either way your argument is ridiculous, but your point about the Dems being too stupid is on-point!

 

The Dems, headed by the House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) ran the impeachment show.  Schiff had the capability to present his evidence to the American people at any time.  The reason he did not present it is because he made it up.  Just like when Adam Schiff (D-CA) performed an entirely made-up conversation between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky during his opening statement at a hearing.of the House Intelligence Committee.

 

Do us all a favor and drop the childish Russian nomenclature.

0 Kudos
570 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@ae9248542 wrote:

I don't know what alternative universe you live in or maybe you are an artificial intelligence robot.  Either way your argument is ridiculous, but your point about the Dems being too stupid is on-point!

 

The Dems, headed by the House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) ran the impeachment show.  Schiff had the capability to present his evidence to the American people at any time.  The reason he did not present it is because he made it up.  Just like when Adam Schiff (D-CA) performed an entirely made-up conversation between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky during his opening statement at a hearing.of the House Intelligence Committee.

 

Do us all a favor and drop the childish Russian nomenclature.


Please learn to use the 'quote' feature so we know who you are replying to or directing your postings to.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
558 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Clarence Thomas has been a disgrace for decades. I think a couple of years ago, he uttered his first words in decades.

Contributor

To say that Ruth Bader Ginsburg was selfish is a huge understatement.  RBG staying in her job was morally corrupt & criminal.  Obama leaving her on the bench was ABSOLUTELY criminal!  Here is WHY.  Ask yourself why NOBODY ever talked about RGB and the impacts of chemotherapy on the brain no matter how well documented.  Often called chemo brain, chemo fog, cancer-related cognitive impairment or cognitive dysfunction.  Chemo brain is a widely used term, the causes of concentration and memory problems that are a frustrating and debilitating side effect of cancer treatment. Ginsburg was first diagnosed with colon cancer in 1999 and underwent surgery, radiation and chemotherapy for various flare-ups of cancer over the course of 20 years. Hmm, I wonder would that be considered under the statutes for a habitual offender?

0 Kudos
380 Views
0
Report
Social Butterfly

The more prudent thing would be for Trump to disclose his physical and mental illness and resign as protection of this great nation.

 

Who is selfish?

Regular Social Butterfly

@PhilipT605548 The more prudent thing would be for Trump to disclose his physical and mental illness and resign as protection of this great nation.

That would be great but it will never happen he won't even say I am sorry or apologize to someone.

The very best thing would have been the 25th Amendment being used, if the president dies, resigns, or becomes " incapacitated or disabled." They wouldn't impeach him so we all know they wouldn't dare say he lost all his marbles.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Contributor

While you are asking to be prudent here, what physical and mental illness are you saying Trump has?  Its likely you have nothing to back any of your statements.  You just don't like Trump so you make it up as you go along.  Its the same old exhausting "orange man bad" dialog from your party while you ignore that Biden is on record displaying symptoms for the onset of Alzheimer's.  I will share this.  I do not like Obama/Biden, then and especially now.  However, I did not spend every waking moment of my life working against Obama/Biden during the 8 years they were in office.  I gave Obama/Biden their chance to lead and when their efforts failed miserably, I took action to fix that and folks like you are hell bent to deny the folks that elected Trump their due process. 

0 Kudos
389 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

ae9248542:   While you are asking to be prudent here, what physical and mental illness are you saying Trump has? Its likely you have nothing to back any of your statements.

I took action to fix that and folks like you are hell bent to deny the folks that elected Trump their due process

 

 

What we have as evidence is our lying eyes. It's been pretty hard to miss Trump's stumbling walk with a leg dragging, slurred wandering speech, and needing two hands to lift a water bottle. And why do you think he was given a cognitive test that detects impairment?

Also, what "due process" are you being denied? Please explain.

 

 

Contributor

Glad to explain. America was denied due process when Trump could NOT spend the majority of his time unencumbered doing what he promised voters. Instead Trump has the never-ending distraction of Russia collusion B.S. & false Impeachment effort created by "paid-for" lies. Where is that iron-clad evidence from Adam Schiff? You already know this but your teams playbook is as such : 1) replace facts with media opinion, 2) deny all wrong-doing, 3) when caught say it was a mistake even when evidence makes it criminal, 4) use the media to fact check opinions to say Trump is lying when team Biden is bald-faced doing the lying and 5) my personal anti-Trump favorite is the "fake it until you make it" mantra. Here is where somebody will call me a liar & everything I said is wrong. Reality is voters know that Trump was impeded the 1st day after he was elected and the impeach Trump machine was 100% underway before being sworn-in. That was by design and was NO accident!! Team Obama helped create the gauntlet of crap investigators had to go through that would take an army of people & years to do. They knew this was how to keep Team Obama working the cover-up, destroying evidence and obstructing justice with wasteful busy work.

 

Seriously, your allegation for Trump's mental capacity hangs-on his gate while walking & holding a wet water bottle? LOL - Trump is fine, but you are right we must take action & have Trump & Biden do “LIVE” testing side-by-side. Now for the LIES…. let's hear your spin on this BIDEN masterpiece ..... “And if the president had done his job, had done his job from the beginning, all the people would still be alive,” Mr. Biden said at the town hall. “All the people — I’m not making this up, just look at the data. Look at the data.” This LIE was incredible but Anderson Cooper said nothing; nobody challenged this doozy of a lie. I look forward to seeing that data!

0 Kudos
387 Views
0
Report
Bronze Conversationalist


@PhilipT605548 wrote:

The more prudent thing would be for Trump to disclose his physical and mental illness and resign as protection of this great nation.

 

Who is selfish?


Let's stay on topic.

 

John Paul Stevens retired at age 89 and was succeeded by Elena Kagen. If he stayed on the bench until his death, he would have been replaced by some nut case like Ted Cruz or another wacko judge.

 

I can't emphasize enough in what type of damage can be done. What if abortion gets overturned? What about common-sense gun control laws?

 

Obama should have stepped up and forced Ginsburg to retire 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Trump masquerades as an angel of light, but he is the father of lies”
Social Butterfly

A President can not force a Supreme Court Justice to retire. It's lifetime, unlike the presidency.

 

Trump does not have a snowballs chance in hell of getting anyone through at this stage of the game.

 

What's he going to do, subpoena Congress to act? On what calendar timeframe? Tic Toc

 

Congress cant even pass a relief bill.  

 

Trump will be long gone before the next appointment to the Supremes.

 

Contributor

Check your history it has been done in as few as 17 days.

0 Kudos
568 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@PhilipT605548 wrote:

A President can not force a Supreme Court Justice to retire. It's lifetime, unlike the presidency.

Trump does not have a snowballs chance in hell of getting anyone through at this stage of the game.

What's he going to do, subpoena Congress to act? On what calendar timeframe? Tic Toc

Congress cant even pass a relief bill.

 

Trump will be long gone before the next appointment to the Supremes.

********************************

I sure hope you are right @PhilipT605548.  But from what Moscow Mitch is saying, they intend to push through a replacement justice ASAP.  Republican hypocrisy and double standard is already in play.


 

Bronze Conversationalist


@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@PhilipT605548 wrote:

A President can not force a Supreme Court Justice to retire. It's lifetime, unlike the presidency.

Trump does not have a snowballs chance in hell of getting anyone through at this stage of the game.

What's he going to do, subpoena Congress to act? On what calendar timeframe? Tic Toc

Congress cant even pass a relief bill.

 

Trump will be long gone before the next appointment to the Supremes.

********************************

I sure hope you are right @PhilipT605548.  But from what Moscow Mitch is saying, they intend to push through a replacement justice ASAP.  Republican hypocrisy and double standard is already in play.


 


And this should be a surprise to absolutely no one.

“Trump masquerades as an angel of light, but he is the father of lies”
0 Kudos
570 Views
2
Report
Social Butterfly

I am sure there are 2 more Republicans in the closet who hate Trump that will not force a vote anytime soon to join Lisa Mukowski and Collins that are remaining silent while Ruth is being memorialized.

 

Trump is in it for the short haul and a loss.

Mitch is in it for the long haul to change the Supreme Court.

 

The remaining Republican senators after November when the Senate goes Democrat are going to have to work with these people for many more years if they want to preserve their jobs.

 

Voting to jam through a Justice will not look good for them in January and years to come. Integrity wise, the Republicans have much fence mending to do and the honest ones will cut bait on Trump.

Contributor

Why is it called jamming when people are doing their job as their role is responsible for?
The below link has a nice chart for the log of Justice confirmations. RBG took 50 days.
FYI....116 Justices took less than 44 days, that translates to 71.6% of the of confirmation in 44 days or less
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nominations_to_the_Supreme_Court_of_the_United_States
INTEGRITY?? It will be nice when the majority of the democratic party show some.
0 Kudos
359 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@LydiaN586309 wrote:

I sure hope you are right @PhilipT605548.  But from what Moscow Mitch is saying, they intend to push through a replacement justice ASAP.  Republican hypocrisy and double standard is already in play.

 

Of course, we can't know, but Mitch will have to choose whether he wants to lose the senate or push through a nominee.


 


 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png