Regular Social Butterfly

Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87

Regular Social Butterfly

Her death gives new meaning to the phrase, "ruthless Democrats."  LOL!

You are getting sleepy.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@aruzinsky 

Your compassion and respect for RBG

is to be highlighted for all to see and consider. 

Honored Social Butterfly

fearless girl.jpg

rbg fearless girl.jpg

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

@williamb39198 wrote:

@aruzinsky 

Your compassion and respect for RBG

is to be highlighted for all to see and consider. 

Yes, I have great respect for red, blue, green which comprise the pixels I stare at while writing this and to which liberals are oblivious to what RBG really means.

You are getting sleepy.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@aruzinsky 

Perhaps add gibberish to that. 

Honored Social Butterfly

President Trump’s first reaction to Ruth Bader Ginsburg's death. He was caught completely unaware and spoke well of Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Social Butterfly

I want to thank Bryant Johnson for his love and respect of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and the care he took with her over 20+ years (since 1999). I practice every day to his videos on AARP.

I also offer my fondest thoughts & sympathy because they were close friends. I am sure this has caused him so much pain, but hope he will rely on the strength they shared to carry on the purpose both of them held.

Thank you, Bryant, for being so important to the life of one of the most important people in our lives!

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Honored Social Butterfly

Any Republican who supported not appointing a Justice during Obama's last year that demands that Ginsburg's open seat be filled by trump is an out and out hypocrite. That includes elected officials and everyday citizens.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Esteemed Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Any Republican who supported not appointing a Justice during Obama's last year that demands that Ginsburg's open seat be filled by trump is an out and out hypocrite. That includes elected officials and everyday citizens.

#1 hypocrite is Mitch McConnell who has vowed that IMPOOPUS's nominee will get a Senate vote.

His intent to move ahead came despite Ginsburg’s dying wish. In a posthumous statement released to NPR, Ginsburg said: “My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed.”

---------------------------------------------------

Rest in peace, Judge Ginsberg.

Social Butterfly

Mitch is just a two faced Republican hypocrite, and the whole reason the party went down the drain, because he lacks the integrity to stand up to Trump.

He is a whipped dog, and a disgrace to the legacy of Ruth Bader Ginsberg.

Bronze Conversationalist

@PhilipT605548 wrote:

Mitch is just a two faced Republican hypocrite, and the whole reason the party went down the drain, because he lacks the integrity to stand up to Trump.

He is a whipped dog, and a disgrace to the legacy of Ruth Bader Ginsberg.

Mitch was a sorry low life conniving, lying piece of trash long before he met Trump. For Mitch, "as Putin would Say, Trump is just a useful idiot."  

Honored Social Butterfly

She was a great woman and American. Thank God Mitch McConnell has made it policy that the Senate will wait until after the election to take up a new Supreme Court appointment. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Richva:   She was a great woman and American. Thank God Mitch McConnell has made it policy that the Senate will wait until after the election to take up a new Supreme Court appointment. 

I'm pretty sure his fingers were crossed behind his back when he did that.

Honored Social Butterfly

Schumer and Pelosi both need to warn him in the strongest possible way too!
Bronze Conversationalist

@Tom5678 wrote:
Schumer and Pelosi both need to warn him in the strongest possible way too!

We just need to face Mitch McConnell and many Republicans do a better job at being politicians than Pelosi and other high ranking Democrats.

Having good/noble ideas isn't enough for a politician. It is actually kind of pointless if you cannot be an efficient in the politics game.

Republicans imo tend to show up more at elections and in generally are more cohesive and united on their core issues. Democrat voters are hit and miss on election day. 

On a secondary note it is kind of morbid to be talking about honoring Ruth Bader Ginsburg and then an hour later talk about her replacement. We need to avoid having SC judged due while on the bench.

A judge should not be able to stay on the bench after 20 years on the job. I mean, how effective can a justice be in their late 80s?

Just a thought.

“Trump masquerades as an angel of light, but he is the father of lies”
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Tom5678:  Schumer and Pelosi both need to warn him in the strongest possible way too! 

I think some R senators are going to pledge to do nothing before the election.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Panjandrum wrote:

I think some R senators are going to pledge to do nothing before the election.

Exactly as they should.  2020 is too hot to handle.  Best just chill and stay calm.

Social Butterfly

And quite a few of Republican Senators are afraid for their jobs, so I don't think they will push it.

Be like changing cabins on the Titanic, at this point.

Social Butterfly

May G-d bless Ruth Ginsberg on this holy night.

She will be sorely missed as a person of balance and intelligence on the Supreme Court, and as a model for women in government everywhere.

She had our backs, all of us.

Honored Social Butterfly

She was a great justice, and will be missed by all who support the USA. We needed her badly.

If you watched CNN this evening you saw the group who gathered out side the SC building to honor her.

Guess who showed up and started to disrupt things. The Trump supporters. They had a bullhorn and were yelling things at the people gathered, and had signs. The CNN reporter said it started to get very tense but then quieted down.

We have heard these people show up at all Trump rallies, and non Trump rallies where they start trouble. I know that happened in my State. At one they attacked a women, and shot a man, plus injured a number. Our DA has brought suit in court to keep them away.

Bronze Conversationalist

@john258 wrote:

She was a great justice, and will be missed by all who support the USA. We needed her badly.

If you watched CNN this evening you saw the group who gathered out side the SC building to honor her.

Guess who showed up and started to disrupt things. The Trump supporters. They had a bullhorn and were yelling things at the people gathered, and had signs. The CNN reporter said it started to get very tense but then quieted down.

We have heard these people show up at all Trump rallies, and non Trump rallies where they start trouble. I know that happened in my State. At one they attacked a women, and shot a man, plus injured a number. Our DA has brought suit in court to keep them away.

Really makes you wonder who is behind this? It sure appears to be professional agitators, there to create an incident so another call for law and order gets shouted from on high. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@cn5621 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Really makes you wonder who is behind this? It sure appears to be professional agitators, there to create an incident so another call for law and order gets shouted from on high. 

Quick answer Trump.

What most people do not understand is that every event held about election Trump militia is present. At the Trump events, Black Lives Matter events, and other events they think involve the election. In Conceal and Carry States they are armed. You have seen this in MI, CA, WA, OR, NM,DC and all others. We know they are responsible for violence in CA, NM. In time I think we will find they did it in all States.

In my State NM there was a member who attacked a women, shot a man, and attacked a few others. At another  rally a business owner had hired them to protect the business but in stead they caused a fight with others, and the business was wrecked, and the owner is now the owner of an ex business. The local DA is in court trying to stop them from attending.

Trump is a NY mob boss and uses mob methods.

Periodic Contributor

Per CNN, one male anti-abortion protestor made one statement using a bullhorn then, left the area.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I'm pretty sure Trump will appoint someone soon to replace Ginsburg because the election is just around the corner and you don't want the Supreme Court with 8 justices involved with who won the election since it will be a close race.  When it comes to 9 justices, I'm sure Trump will be more confident.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

One man with bullhorn made comment re: Roe v Wade then left. No Trump supporters were there protesting and no violence as you stated. This is what CNN reported. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png