Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Russian hacking of our election wider than though

Message 1 of 6

@rk9152 wrote:

Any possibility that there is plain ol' criminal rather than political interest here.

Well, as the report said, we have three years to work on counter measures. Let's hope the current Administration can do more than, "I told Putin to knock it off". 

You see RK  I have the courtesy to delete all previous messages so that you can read the response that I am posting to your response.
Thre years means that you think that this administration is going to be aive and well, Guess what,!!!  I happen to agree with you theres. I believe that nothing will be uncovered that will require the removal of President Trump.
But , there is a chance that in 2018 there could be a change in any of the Senate and or House regarding its members.
If the Democrats again capture the Senate whicn under the circumstances is possible. the Agenda of this Administration will simply become non exixtant.
For me, any effort   that we all should be doing is to actually see that any of that happens. the rest, as you have said, silly name calling or insults are for children in school.    and not for members of this forum

no name
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Russian hacking of our election wider than thought

Message 2 of 6

@afisher wrote:

HUH?   We have 3 years....where do you get these ideas, as they are not true.

States have elections at various times.   Did  they forget all their own braying about Special Elections?  

The US has a nation wide election in 2018, which is to elected members to the US House of Representatives and some members of the US Senate.    Did someone forget..or is that unimportant to them.

My little berg ( 7th largest city in US) just had an election.   Yep, electronic voting.   

Is someone displaying their own stupidity????

Apparently someone is. The someone who failed to read Rich's Bloomberg article - the source of the three year comment.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Russian hacking of our election wider than thought

Message 3 of 6

HUH?   We have 3 years....where do you get these ideas, as they are not true.

States have elections at various times.   Did  they forget all their own braying about Special Elections?  

The US has a nation wide election in 2018, which is to elected members to the US House of Representatives and some members of the US Senate.    Did someone forget..or is that unimportant to them.

My little berg ( 7th largest city in US) just had an election.   Yep, electronic voting.   

Is someone displaying their own stupidity????

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

Three interesting elements of the report:

One of the mysteries about the 2016 presidential election is why Russian intelligence, after gaining access to state and local systems, didn’t try to disrupt the vote. One possibility is that the American warning was effective. Another former senior U.S. official, who asked for anonymity to discuss the classified U.S. probe into pre-election hacking, said a more likely explanation is that several months of hacking failed to give the attackers the access they needed to master America’s disparate voting systems spread across more than 7,000 local jurisdictions.

Indicating an EFFORT but not a SUCCESS.

Such operations need not change votes to be effective. In fact, the Obama administration believed that the Russians were possibly preparing to delete voter registration information or slow vote tallying in order to undermine confidence in the election. That effort went far beyond the carefully timed release of private communications by individuals and parties.

It appears that they are aided in the effort to undermine confidence by people who put out stuff like "Captain Incompetent" or "Well Duh" followed by partisan assumptions.

The hackers had gained access to the state’s voter database, which contained information such as names, dates of birth, genders, driver’s licenses and partial Social Security numbers on 15 million people, half of whom were active voters. As many as 90,000 records were ultimately compromised.

Any possibility that there is plain ol' criminal rather than political interest here.

Well, as the report said, we have three years to work on counter measures. Let's hope the current Administration can do more than, "I told Putin to knock it off". 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

@Richva wrote:

They went through a lot of work to help the campaign of Captain Incompetent and it is starting to pay off Bigly/

Russia’s cyberattack on the U.S. electoral system before Donald Trump’s election was far more widespread than has been publicly revealed, including incursions into voter databases and software systems in almost twice as many states as previously reported.

In Illinois, investigators found evidence that cyber intruders tried to delete or alter voter data. The hackers accessed software designed to be used by poll workers on Election Day, and in at least one state accessed a campaign finance database. Details of the wave of attacks, in the summer and fall of 2016, were provided by three people with direct knowledge of the U.S. investigation into the matter. In all, the Russian hackers hit systems in a total of 39 states, one of them said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-06-13/russian-breach-of-39-states-threatens-future-...

Well duh!

And now I suppose the fact that Diebold, ESS, Sequoia, and SAIC - the makers of the majority of the voting machines used in the election - have been hard core Republican Corporations since before the days of Dubya - will come as a big, big surprise?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Russian hacking of our election wider than thought

Message 6 of 6

They went through a lot of work to help the campaign of Captain Incompetent and it is starting to pay off Bigly/

Russia’s cyberattack on the U.S. electoral system before Donald Trump’s election was far more widespread than has been publicly revealed, including incursions into voter databases and software systems in almost twice as many states as previously reported.

In Illinois, investigators found evidence that cyber intruders tried to delete or alter voter data. The hackers accessed software designed to be used by poll workers on Election Day, and in at least one state accessed a campaign finance database. Details of the wave of attacks, in the summer and fall of 2016, were provided by three people with direct knowledge of the U.S. investigation into the matter. In all, the Russian hackers hit systems in a total of 39 states, one of them said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-06-13/russian-breach-of-39-states-threatens-future-...

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors