WATCH NOW: Iowa presidential candidate forum from Council Bluffs. Appearing: Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. 

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Russia Interfered with the 2016 Election

Message 51 of 87

@Tom5678 wrote:
maybe if Trump wouldn't put himself in so many vulnerable, borderline criminal situations, time and time again, we wouldn't have to as you say have a "disruptive fishing expedition" rk. I would say the heavily redacted mueller report findings certainly is BIG political trouble for Trump heading into 2020. I will break this to you gently. Your President is a criminal and as such belongs in jail. It is really that simple.

It was not anything Trump did that caused the fishing expedition. It was the corrupt Obama DoJ using Hillary's Fusion GPS ops research package to spy on the other Party. And then there was the Popadopoulos scam. He somehow or other gets invited to a meeting in Rome where he meets the mysterious Joseph Mifsud who introduces him to a Russian woman he claims falsely is Putin's niece.  MIfsud tells him that the Russians have Hillary's emails. A couple of months later he is drinking with an Australian diplomat and casually tells him what Mifsud told him.  Now it gets cute - the Australian tells the FBI what he heard and batta-boom - the FBI launches a counterintelligence investigation into the Trump campaign. Now, tell me, does that sound like a set-up? Remember he only told the Australian what he had heard chatting over drinks - period.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 87

@rk9152 wrote:

He was actually chosen by the American voters. But you're right, that no doubt made the Russians happy - look how the tic-toc Comrades are dividing us as a nation as a result of not getting their way in 2016.

I have heard of no Republican speaking or writing the words you put in quotes above. Can you cite a source. 

To be clear, he was chosen by a quirk in the way the Electoral College votes are tabulated as a majority of American voters actually rejected him as president. Smart people that they are. 

The more I hear of how the Russians worked so hard to elect Trump, the more I wonder if anyone could really be this incompetent or is it intentional?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 87

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Now that we have testimony under oath about the chaos within the Trump WH, we can see exactly why the Russians were so eager to have Trump as the president. The Mueller Report is being referred to as "Fire and Fury under oath". 

Exactly as I have been posting for months. There is and has been an organized Russian effort to weaken us as a nation through division. They knew that if Hillary was elected, the Republicans would have accepted the outcome we we would have moved along as one nation. However, s the thought would happen, we had the "Resistance" and the pussyhat brigade as soon as Trump was inaugurated. An we had Maxine Waters telling people to harass the other Party in Malls, restaurants, gas stations, etc. And we have had people attacked for wearing MAGA hats.

Then throw in the Mueller fishing expedition and, as you can see, we are far from a united nation - fulfilling the Russian desires.

As to disarray in the WH - true, a direct result of things like the head of the FBI leaking private conversations to the NYT (through an intermediary) and the deep state people publicly proclaiming that they are attempting to stop the President because to them he is not qualified.

Nice job Dems you have given the Russians their desires.

Right "Comrade"?

How soon some forget the actions of the Republican Party. They would have worked with Hillary just like they worked with Obama - attacked everything he proposed whatever it was.

Now that we have a Republican President the same group that supported the actions of the Republicans during the Obama Presidency expect the Democrats to support everything that Trump wants no matter how destructive to this country.

How is the “Resistance” different than the “Tea Party”?

The right is so enamored of their ridiculous conspiracy theories that they are immune to facts.

The Tea Party opposes within the boundaries of the way our government  works. The "Resistance" carries on a disruptive fishing expedition looking for ..... something, anything to harm or even terminate the Trump Presidency. 

As to "work with" - yes, work with but not give in to. There naturally would have been large differences  in ideology and I'd like to think that the Rs would have remained true to our ideology.

As to your last sentence - not enamoured, just aware of.

As I said, and you so helpfully proved, the right has a very short memory of their actions ions.

Why then do you have nothing to offer other than some ridiculous conspiracy theory?

I have no idea what "action ions" you mentioned are.

Could you try to avoid the need to talk about the "right" and and other erroneous stuff about conspiracy theories and just specify what you disagree with in my post?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 87
But I am not a D though.......You shouldn't assume so much....
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 87

@Tom5678 wrote:
they are truly in an alternative universe, much like their President is all I can say, lol.

No need to say anything, just continue the D approach to discussion and giggle again.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 87

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

The dimms on this board sure seem to be hellbent on giving the Russians exactly want they want.

United we stand divided we fail.  Ask yourself what do you want most?  

Your money!

The Russians got what they wanted.  An incompetent snowflake in the oval office.  The problem now is the Republicans have taken up the idea that "he may be an incompetent snowflake but he is OUR incompetent snowflake". 

The idea that we must rally around the candidate chosen by our enemy is obscene. 

He was actually chosen by the American voters. But you're right, that no doubt made the Russians happy - look how the tic-toc Comrades are dividing us as a nation as a result of not getting their way in 2016.

I have heard of no Republican speaking or writing the words you put in quotes above. Can you cite a source. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 87

@Panjandrum wrote:

NOTHAPPENING:  Actually, Obama was credited with coming up with the plan to cage children!

Ok. Yes, the Obama administration did detain children, but that policy was nothing like what Trump has done. This has been explained here many times, so once again unaccompanied minors were detained, and children who arrived with parents who were taken into custody (or became ill) for whatever the reason. He did NOT have a policy of family separation for the sole purpose of being cruel to discourage people from coming to America. Sorry, but that is on Trump.

AP FACT CHECK: Obama didn’t have family separation policy

https://www.apnews.com/91e9489c7f434099a987bed7defd3f1d

That is true and it was his policy of letting people use children as "get out of jail free" cards that has cause the increase in the number of minors that trump has to deal with. That was just one more case of what I have mentioned before - former President's just kicking the can down the road.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 87

@Soosie wrote:

AS I said, the left is looking in the rear view mirror.  No plan, no platform, only the past.

And totally steeped in negativity.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 87
maybe if Trump wouldn't put himself in so many vulnerable, borderline criminal situations, time and time again, we wouldn't have to as you say have a "disruptive fishing expedition" rk. I would say the heavily redacted mueller report findings certainly is BIG political trouble for Trump heading into 2020. I will break this to you gently. Your President is a criminal and as such belongs in jail. It is really that simple.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 87

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Now that we have testimony under oath about the chaos within the Trump WH, we can see exactly why the Russians were so eager to have Trump as the president. The Mueller Report is being referred to as "Fire and Fury under oath". 

Exactly as I have been posting for months. There is and has been an organized Russian effort to weaken us as a nation through division. They knew that if Hillary was elected, the Republicans would have accepted the outcome we we would have moved along as one nation. However, s the thought would happen, we had the "Resistance" and the pussyhat brigade as soon as Trump was inaugurated. An we had Maxine Waters telling people to harass the other Party in Malls, restaurants, gas stations, etc. And we have had people attacked for wearing MAGA hats.

Then throw in the Mueller fishing expedition and, as you can see, we are far from a united nation - fulfilling the Russian desires.

As to disarray in the WH - true, a direct result of things like the head of the FBI leaking private conversations to the NYT (through an intermediary) and the deep state people publicly proclaiming that they are attempting to stop the President because to them he is not qualified.

Nice job Dems you have given the Russians their desires.

Right "Comrade"?

How soon some forget the actions of the Republican Party. They would have worked with Hillary just like they worked with Obama - attacked everything he proposed whatever it was.

Now that we have a Republican President the same group that supported the actions of the Republicans during the Obama Presidency expect the Democrats to support everything that Trump wants no matter how destructive to this country.

How is the “Resistance” different than the “Tea Party”?

The right is so enamored of their ridiculous conspiracy theories that they are immune to facts.

The Tea Party opposes within the boundaries of the way our government  works. The "Resistance" carries on a disruptive fishing expedition looking for ..... something, anything to harm or even terminate the Trump Presidency. 

As to "work with" - yes, work with but not give in to. There naturally would have been large differences  in ideology and I'd like to think that the Rs would have remained true to our ideology.

As to your last sentence - not enamoured, just aware of.

As I said, and you so helpfully proved, the right has a very short memory of their actions ions.

Why then do you have nothing to offer other than some ridiculous conspiracy theory?

Kudos
Views