Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Rules R For Poor People But Not 4 the Trumps

Message 1 of 14

rub it in .png

Source - My Facebook Page

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 14

@GailL1 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

First of all we are talking about England & English Law - I understand Rich People assume whatever Rules they decide to follow or not must Travel with them wherever they go and are more Last Name Dependent then Location or Geography Driven

Second of all - according to the Official Buckingham Palace Website - a few things

The Sign Says - “NO PHOTOGRAPHY IN THIS AREA PLEASE.” 

Trumps Children Were Not on the Invitation - Queen Elizabeth II had extended an invitation to President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump

Buckingham Palace is closed. The magnificent State Rooms at Buckingham Palace are only open to the public for two months a year, when the Queen is not in residence, usually between the end of July and late September.

They aren't in a State Room (residence of the Royals).  They are at the Royal Banquet.  Outside of the Ballroom.  Plenty of pics from Getty as they all walked into the Banquet - two by two with other dignitaries by their side.  Plenty of pics at the Banquet itself.

Town and County Mag reports on the Royals

This link describes the Banquet - who sat next to who, - quote below comes from this link -

Four out of Trump’s five children were invited to the banquet, and were seated with guests including members of the government, the diplomatic corps, and other notable figures connected with the visiting nation.

OK - we can have dueling Sourcing if thats the game you want to play

Here is the Queens Toast at the Banquet

Mr President, 

I am delighted to welcome you and Mrs Trump to Buckingham Palace this evening, just twelve months after our first meeting at Windsor Castle.

4 out of 5 of Trumps Children - ATTENDED

Not Invited

(CNN)At a grand banquet table in a red-carpeted Buckingham Palace ballroom, the Queen, a couple of princes, dukes and duchesses, and lords and ladies were intermixed with the Trump family: a President, a first lady, four of his five children, and two of their spouses.

Queen Elizabeth II formally invited just President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump to travel to London for an official State Banquet at Buckingham Palace.

But the event became more of an extended family affair, with Donald Trump Jr., Eric Trump and his wife Lara, and Tiffany Trump all joining the exclusive party.

The President's eldest daughter, Ivanka Trump, was already set to attend in her capacity as a formal adviser to the President, and a senior member of his administration.

Her husband, Jared Kushner, is also part of the United States delegation attending the ceremonial events

Source - https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/04/politics/trump-family-royal-family-status/index.html

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 14

As a tax-paying citizen,  I believe I'm allowed to say I resent having our tax dollars paying  the way for Trump's grown adult children to have this kind of  fun and exposure when on D DAY there are still Vets who should have been there in their place.     

I am also allowed to say I believe this visit that was not welcomed by UK citizens as a whole and planned  to avert the attention   this president has to his real problem is that he obstructed justice  
  Punishment is justice for the unjust. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 14

@mickstuder wrote:

First of all we are talking about England & English Law - I understand Rich People assume whatever Rules they decide to follow or not must Travel with them wherever they go and are more Last Name Dependent then Location or Geography Driven

Second of all - according to the Official Buckingham Palace Website - a few things

Trumps Children Were Not on the Invitation - Queen Elizabeth II had extended an invitation to President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump

Buckingham Palace is closed. The magnificent State Rooms at Buckingham Palace are only open to the public for two months a year, when the Queen is not in residence, usually between the end of July and late September.

They aren't in a State Room (residence of the Royals).  They are at the Royal Banquet.  Outside of the Ballroom.  Plenty of pics from Getty as they all walked into the Banquet - two by two with other dignitaries by their side.  Plenty of pics at the Banquet itself.

Town and County Mag reports on the Royals

This link describes the Banquet - who sat next to who, - quote below comes from this link -

Four out of Trump’s five children were invited to the banquet, and were seated with guests including members of the government, the diplomatic corps, and other notable figures connected with the visiting nation.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 14

@GailL1 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Like I Said - Some People - Mostly Rich Republicans Think Rules Are For Everyone Else - But Not Them

The sign clearly says - No Photographs

If my Wife & I were walking through someone elses property as invited Guests & encountered a Sign That Said - No Photographs - we would Respect the wishes of our Hosts

You might think that but I can tell you from experience, it does not work that way IF YOU ARE IN A PUBLIC PLACE UNLESS THERE IS A SPECIFIC LAW AGAINST IT or it relates to a person’s ‘reasonable expectation of privacy’. 

People can post whatever signs they want to saying "NO PHOTOGRAPHY" but if it is in a public place and there is NO specific law against it - the photographer has rights too.

So to your query - I guess it just depends on where they were and what laws surround the situation.  I could not make out the sign very well.

Expert Photography.com - Street Photography – Know Your Rights

Source - https://www.inquisitr.com/5468122/donald-trumps-uninvited-children-posed-for-buckingham-palace-photo...

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 14

@mickstuder wrote:

Like I Said - Some People - Mostly Rich Republicans Think Rules Are For Everyone Else - But Not Them

If my Wife & I were walking through someone elses property as invited Guests & encountered a Sign That Said - No Photographs - we would Respect the wishes of our Hosts

You might think that but I can tell you from experience, it does not work that way IF YOU ARE IN A PUBLIC PLACE UNLESS THERE IS A SPECIFIC LAW AGAINST IT or it relates to a person’s ‘reasonable expectation of privacy’. 

People can post whatever signs they want to saying "NO PHOTOGRAPHY" but if it is in a public place and there is NO specific law against it - the photographer has rights too.

So to your query - I guess it just depends on where they were and what laws surround the situation.  I could not make out the sign very well.

Expert Photography.com - Street Photography – Know Your Rights

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 14

Was that the "Resist" movement that hillary bragged that she was pat of ??

----------------------

I don't know what you are "pat" of ?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 14

@mickstuder wrote:

Clearly the Trumps were there for themselves & what they could get out of it

Nothing New - I Agree

But if I see Something Disrespectful Like This I Say Something

Others just try to defend the Bad Behavior

ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF THE RIGHTS - RICH PEOPLE - THINK THEY SHOULD POSSES

This isn't some random Drunk Fan in the Blue Shirt - Reaching Over 2 People to Shove a Toronto Raptors Player after the player accidently fell into the crowd

This is one of the Billionaire Owners of the Golden State Warriors - who thinks the players are just assets to treat as he wishes

Watch the Slow Motion Replay for at least a Minute - the Player had already fallen and was starting to get up and the guy in the Blue Shirt reaches over and gives him a shove for No Reason Other Then He Could

warrior.png

Source - https://youtu.be/DG1c9-pr_3U

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 14

Clearly the Trumps were there for themselves & what they could get out of it

Nothing New - I Agree

But if I see Something Disrespectful Like This I Say Something

Others just try to defend the Bad Behavior

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 14

@rk9152 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

A very petty and classist topic. What is the point of such  a topic?

I think it is still "pouting" over the 2016 election outcome...  Influenced by the Russian "Resist" campaign.

Was that the "Resist" movement that hillary bragged that she was pat of ??

That would be the same one.  Russia appears to have executed that program with great success, just read this board for example.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors