Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

Ruh-Roh : Cops deaths

   Death of cops may indeed be on the rise, but before some get -off on this, perhaps they would like some information about those deaths:   

 

    The majority of police deaths are due to - not protesters, not gun violence, but COVID19.  

 

     Data compiled by two law enforcement nonprofits, the Officer Down Memorial Page and the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, show COVID-19 as the leading killer of officers in 2020.

 

     

The Officer Down Memorial Page shows 101 coronavirus-related deaths out of 182 total line-of-duty deaths in 2020, followed by 31 shooting deaths and 15 deaths in car crashes.

A National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund map shows 105 COVID-19 deaths among local, state, tribal and federal officers so far in 2020.

The memorial fund says only officers who were exposed to the coronavirus in the course of their duties are included in the statistics.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly


@afisher wrote:

   Death of cops may indeed be on the rise, but before some get -off on this, perhaps they would like some information about those deaths:   

 

    The majority of police deaths are due to - not protesters, not gun violence, but COVID19.  

 

     Data compiled by two law enforcement nonprofits, the Officer Down Memorial Page and the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, show COVID-19 as the leading killer of officers in 2020.

 

     

The Officer Down Memorial Page shows 101 coronavirus-related deaths out of 182 total line-of-duty deaths in 2020, followed by 31 shooting deaths and 15 deaths in car crashes.

A National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund map shows 105 COVID-19 deaths among local, state, tribal and federal officers so far in 2020.

The memorial fund says only officers who were exposed to the coronavirus in the course of their duties are included in the statistics.



R.I.P. Officers!


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
186 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

It's particularly concerning when their chiefs or sheriffs demand that they not wear masks while on duty.....

Honored Social Butterfly


@ManicProgressive wrote:

It's particularly concerning when their chiefs or sheriffs demand that they not wear masks while on duty.....


Indeed, odd, Manic.  To EZ's inaccurate point, it appears this Florida Sheriff is anti-law enforcement.  When an idiot sheriff....

 

A Florida Sheriff Has Ordered His Deputies Not to Wear Masks 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
207 Views
3
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 

 

Can't speak for the Florida Sheriff but where I live - our Sheriff ask them not to wear them unless absolutely necessary because it screws up communications - can't hear what they say over the radio with muffled mouth.   It also interferes with them speaking to people directly  - asking questions, giving commands - shouting or in regular tone. 

0 Kudos
181 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@GailL1 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 

 

Can't speak for the Florida Sheriff good.....you shouldn't.   but where I live - our Sheriff ask them not to wear them unless absolutely necessary ....looks like it may be absolutely necessary given their partner could be asymptomatic.  because it screws up communications - can't hear what they say over the radio with muffled mouth. Takes practice....sure beats giving covid to your partner....  It also interferes with them speaking to people directly  - asking questions, giving commands - shouting or in regular tone.  So, it's better to give them covid.  Then you can ask them whatever you like while they are lying in a hospital bed.  Here the Police wear them all the time; they are public servants; and if they are having difficulty communicating, they pull the masks down briefly.  Public Sevants conducting themselves professionally, even during a pandemic. 


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
159 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Can't answer your questions, Centristin2010 but if it helps - our Sheriff did come down with it and was out for a while - can't speak for the officers but the jail has been doing ok with keep down the cases. 

 

We don't have that many cases as compared to other Metro Atlanta counties

We have had 1600 cases / 33 deaths ( and all of them were over 65 or had underlying health conditions) and 194 hospitalizations. 

 

Wonder what is gonna happen when the Criminal Court system opens back up ?  You know people have a right to a speedy trial and I think they are tired of waiting.  I heard yesterday that we could book large venues and have trials going non-stop to get caught up.  Don't know when yet but what would you do if called to a jury trail - with as many as we will have going - I bet few get turned away from serving their time on a jury.

0 Kudos
148 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@ManicProgressive wrote:

It's particularly concerning when their chiefs or sheriffs demand that they not wear masks while on duty.....


Strong men don't wear masks, dontcha know?


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
211 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

And your point is??? Seems your posts is more anti-law enforcement than anything else.

0 Kudos
250 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@easyed598 wrote:

 

Seems your posts is more anti-law enforcement than anything else.

 

giphy (9).gif


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
195 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@easyed598 wrote:

And your point is??? Seems your posts is more anti-law enforcement than anything else.


Can you please explain why posting the truth seems "anti-law enforcement"?


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
214 Views
0
Report
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png