Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Roseanne rerums canceled by multiple networks

Message 1 of 80

roseanne boot.jpg

Tom Arnold said he could see Roseanne Barr’s epic Twitter eruption coming from a mile away.

“I had a feeling that this was going to happen when I first heard it was coming back, the reboot,” he said.

Arnold claimed he urged staffers to take Barr’s phone away during the first season because she needed a “shield” from her prolific tweeting.

“ABC lost maybe $1 billion from this. This show was grinding out money hand over fist and they lost it all because somebody didn’t say, ‘Get that phone out of her hand,'” Arnold told The Hollywood Reporter. “She’s not going to go on TV and say these things. But you put that phone in her hand and she is a loose cannon.”

roseanne1.jpg

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 80

@aruzinsky wrote:

So, you're saying creationism is a fraud. I agree. And those who deny evolution are "wrong as usual".  Again, I agree. 

I believe that Adam and Eve is a fraud but not creationism in the broader sense, i.e., I am an agnostic.   Adam and Eve and evolution are not mutually exclusive, because, if there were an Adam and Eve, their decedents would have evolved.  Evolution by natural selection is a viable mechanism that does not rely on assumed starting points such as Adam and Eve or monkeys.

So, you're a "centrist" on this issue.  Fair `nuff.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 80

@easyed598 wrote:

PHYLISS WROTE--Roseanne Barr’s remarks are indefensible, where as Bill Maher’s comments refer much more to the disgusting behavior and actions by an idiot president who slams around much more like an angry baboon than a functional human.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Valeire Jarrett was top advisor to the most corrupt president in recent memory and was the one most responsible for putting together the terrible Iran deal. Bill Maher is the face of today`s Democrat party and shows how low they have sunk when it comes to them picking their role models.BTW -Is Valeire  Jarett still living with the Clintons?  What is with that?

there it is again..jealousy of ol Bill's prowess with women.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 80

TXGrandpa posted--Didn't the poster just basically claim that we are all evolutionary descendants from a lower form of life, ie Apes, then didn't he claim that we all, men and women, are descended from Apes?  So effectively isn't he saying the same?-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Seems the poster wants it both ways. Yes they want us to believe we are descended from Apes but don`t ever imply that a democrat political figure was. (liberal Logic run amuck)

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 80

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Interesting-espedially (sic) since the religious right and conservative Republicans tend to believe in creatism (sic) over human evolution. Now, what did AP post did you find "interesting" as his post had notthing to do with "creatism"?  

AP wrote-Correct - I never mentioned anything about that superstitious claptrap...--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Yet you tend to all be over the map not wanting to offend either side. However Lucy and Littlefoot might disagree with you (your distant cousins). Unless you were just monkeying around.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 80

Maybe a little different tact might be taken here. I’m white and no one has accused me of being a descendant of the great apes. But if they did, why would that be so bad? The great apes, along with whales, dolphins and wolves all show societal norms. Territorial, but also compassionate, protecting their young along with nurturing and teaching them...passing their knowledge along to the next generation. A sense of community. What’s wrong with that. If someone says that I am a descendent of the great apes, fine, I can be proud of that! We live and we learn. 

frosty evolution

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 80

@aruzinsky wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Saadanius hijazensis  is the last common ancestor of apes and monkeys. Nothing to do with humans. 

The last common ancestor between humans and modern apes was an ape with a monkey ancestor, saadanius hijazensis, which makes saadanius hijazensis an ancestor of humans.

Since DNA cannot be used (fossilization) where is peer reviewed and accepted evidence that it is unquestionably an ancestor of humans.

Isn't there a possibility that it's an ancestor of a protohuman that ia not a direct ancestor to humans that became extinct?

Proof of a far better quality than the content of your post is required.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 80

@aruzinsky wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Saadanius hijazensis  is the last common ancestor of apes and monkeys. Nothing to do with humans. 

The last common ancestor between humans and modern apes was an ape with a monkey ancestor, saadanius hijazensis, which makes saadanius hijazensis an ancestor of humans.

I get what you are saying about its being a possible common ancestor. But nothing is proven yet. There could have been similar types of creatures that existed at the same time, of which, another one may be the common ancestor. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 80

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

No more than you were present to verify the writings that you advocate for...

You were the one who went off on the off-topic evolutionary line of thought and with insistence your theory was correct.

Your opprobrium is highest and sweetest approbation.  

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 80

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors