Esteemed Social Butterfly

Rose Garden Invaded By Pinocchio Gnomes

Apparently, IMPOTUS's presser in the Rose Garden was a rambling, bizarre, incoherent monologue (just a few adjectives ripped from headlines).  I guess no one carried it live, except... well... you know who.

lying2.giflying2.giflying2.giflying2.giflying2.giflying2.giflying2.giflying2.gif

From Fact Checker - Trump’s flawed Rose Garden assault on Joe Biden (in part):

President Trump’s media event Tuesday — which was mostly an extended monologue — was like watching our database of Trumpian claims unroll in real time. So many of Trump’s rhetorical favorites were tossed out — that he had built the best economy in U.S. history (no), that he inherited few ventilators (no), that he overrode his aides to impose some travel restrictions on China (no), that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) “danced” in the streets in defiance of the coronavirus (no), that he “rebuilt” a “totally depleted” military (no), that the European Union was formed to take advantage of the United States (no). It went on and on.

But rather than rehash old ground, in this roundup we will focus on Trump’s claims against his election rival, former vice president Joe Biden. Violating norms and protocol, the president used the august setting of the Rose Garden for a sustained campaign-style attack. Here are some of the more noteworthy claims he made. We don’t award Pinocchios in roundups, but many of these statements are wildly off-course.

Honored Social Butterfly

Trump definitely turns every event into a political rally and mindless monologues. 
As stated, political rallies are not suppose to take place if it is government business or a government trip. 
And for trump, are there any non Pinocchio events? I would really love to start seeing running commentary of his events, responding to every lie that he tells. Isn’t he past 20,000 now!

****Wow. Just posted this and site says that I have gotten 7236 views...amazing, 

perhaps a lot folks don’t like what said!!

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

@williamb39198 wrote:

Trump definitely turns every event into a political rally and mindless monologues. 

Yup ..... Imagine Trump giving a eulogy at a funeral!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
0 Kudos
Esteemed Social Butterfly

@williamb39198 wrote:

As stated, political rallies are not suppose to take place if it is government business or a government trip. 
And for trump, are there any non Pinocchio events? I would really love to start seeing running commentary of his events, responding to every lie that he tells. Isn’t he past 20,000 now!

****Wow. Just posted this and site says that I have gotten 7236 views...amazing, 

perhaps a lot folks don’t like what said!!

Oh yes, IMPOTUS hit the big 20K earlier this month.

****Apparently, you are the only one getting views and kudos, because, as I type this, I guess everyone else is toast since no one else shows any stats at all!  CONGRATULATIONS!  You have gone viral! 😂  

(OK, reality check, looks like the AARP forces that be are working on restoring the side stats.  Might be back to the drawing board, but enjoy while you can! 😄)

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch 

Funny response!

I do miss the “views” not being posted...at least it gave me an idea of how many posters disagreed or did not care for what I posted!

On the Pinocchio note, how many do you think that trump will amass by taking the input of virus statistics away from CDC, and sending them to trump for him to control, and possibly not report or distort? I do hope that hospitals and States will find a way around this in order to give us a realistic accounting...

trump will not give us an honest view. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Aside from verifying his niece's evaluation of tRump's mental condition (sociopathic moron) Toad's "press conferences" have never provided actual information that anyone would find useful, so not sure why all the attention to his last performance as doyen of LalaLand,

Seems his denouncing Fox was short lived and he and ol' VoldaMurrdock are once more BFFs. Logical - Fox would have to find something to replace the 16-hours a day the spend fawning over and defending their ToadLord, and what on earth would Pawn Hannity have for a show?

Honored Social Butterfly

as one of my idols Judge Judy would say, you can tell someone is lying because their lips are moving. Ooops!!!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png