Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Robert E. Lee's name removed from his church

Message 1 of 5

@e977136b wrote:

I feel that removing these statues & monuments is absolutely disrespectful. I do not care what anyone thinks - they are erasing history.

LOL.....I always get a good chuckle when someone offers their opinion and respectfully adds, "I do not care what anyone thinks"....it makes you wonder why many couldn't care less what THEY thought.  It's like saying, "I'm not a racist, but...."

BTW eb, the state of Lee was removed in several towns across America.  Was history erased?  It's still where it belongs.....in history books....museams.....and my coffee table book on the Civil War in my study,  If racists burn their hoods, does it negate what's in their heads?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

@e977136b wrote:

I feel that removing these statues & monuments is absolutely disrespectful.

No .... Committing treason against the United States is "absolutely disrespectful".

I do not care what anyone thinks - they are erasing history.

Wrong again - they are "erasing" the unwarranted esteem that was given to people who committed treason against the United States!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

@e977136b wrote:

I feel that removing these statues & monuments is absolutely disrespectful. I do not care what anyone thinks - they are erasing history.

As the article noted, this was to a large extent a reaction to murders of church members in 2015 and the gratuitous violence and premeditated murder that occurred in Charlottesville, and has no direct connection to removal of statues and monuments.

Personally I like the suggestion that they all be lined up in place of the wall that may well not end up being built...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Robert E. Lee's name removed from his church

Message 5 of 5
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors