From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Robert De Niro's Trump comments at Tony Awards go viral

Message 21 of 37

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:
i'll probably watch 3 deniro movies over the next week. Scorsese uses a bad a** sound track.

So that means what?  Movies are scripted, actors are playing rolls.

I believe that Clint Eastwood made the comment that the public tend to associate actors with the scripted rolls they play.

it means some of my fave movies are deniro movies. He is maybe the premier actor of my generation. that hard to understand ?

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 37

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Not my job to explain reality to you, or connect the dots for you.

Wilful ignorance and deliberately calculated misunderstanding is quite similar to the action of a child with it's fingers in it's ears screaming "la, la, la, I can't hear you!"

Why don't you forget about posting to me if it's all nonsense?

Well - until I'm instructed by a moderator that I am prohibited from posting anything further that adresses what appears to me to be the meaning and intent of the content - as well as the content itself - of posts by TxGrandpa2, I will most likely continue to post in response to the content of posts by TxGrandpa2.

Thanks for asking...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 37

@alferdpacker wrote:

Wilful ignorance and deliberately calculated misunderstanding is quite similar to the action of a child with it's fingers in it's ears screaming "la, la, la, I can't hear you!"

Why don't you forget about posting to me if it's all nonsense?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 37

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Didn't that result in Eastwood clearly losing an argument with an empty chair on TV?

"Of course" the adverse long term adverse effects of believing conservative fairy tales and lies obviously took a toll...

And how does that have to do with what I posted? 

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 37

@alferdpacker wrote:

Didn't that result in Eastwood clearly losing an argument with an empty chair on TV?

"Of course" the adverse long term adverse effects of believing conservative fairy tales and lies obviously took a toll...

And how does that have to do with what I posted? 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 37

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

TxGrandpa2 would also understand that it has been known to take as long as six months to "lose" some of the less desirable aspects of a character that often does intrude into and adversely affect portions of the actor's real world life...

TxGrandpa2 was referring to overall perceptions such as those about John Wayne as a tough military hero, especially when he never served himself since he was always getting deferments; or Clint Eastwood with his Dirty Harry persona. 

But basically these Hollywood people are more too full of themselves overall.   No doubt over a period of time they start equating themselves with the characters they play.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 37

@Soosie wrote:
@Alferd...........I want to thank the academy, my parents, all those who believed in me, the writers, my friends and hopefully I didn't leave anyone out. If you win again, I will be available to write your acceptance speech and there are a couple of shade tree shrinks around who can help you come down from your last role.

No need for the offer - any backwoods campground outhouse can supply higher quality cheap shots...

Was never any need for shrinks - shade tree or real ones - gettting back to the realities of engineering (the real world) resulted in any remaining portions of a character going away in a couple of weeks...

Vaya Con Huevos

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 37

@alferdpacker wrote:

TxGrandpa2 would also understand that it has been known to take as long as six months to "lose" some of the less desirable aspects of a character that often does intrude into and adversely affect portions of the actor's real world life...

TxGrandpa2 was referring to overall perceptions such as those about John Wayne as a tough military hero, especially when he never served himself since he was always getting deferments; or Clint Eastwood with his Dirty Harry persona. 

But basically these Hollywood people are more too full of themselves overall.   No doubt over a period of time they start equating themselves with the characters they play.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 37

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:
i'll probably watch 3 deniro movies over the next week. Scorsese uses a bad a** sound track.

Here's to freedom of speech!

Yep. We are free to say whatever we like. And we must be adult enough to accept the consequences. Actions have consequneces, as we all know. 

For instance: a long time ago RDN was a great actor. But he's been calling it in for years, taking jobs for pay instead of art, tarnishing his own star. This most recent behavior of his pushes me firmly out of his fandom and makes it super easy for me to ignore him for the rest of his life. 

That being said, I've been over Martin Scorsese's violence-packed storytelling for probably a decade now anyway. I prefer to listen to great music wthout that.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 37
@Alferd...........I want to thank the academy, my parents, all those who believed in me, the writers, my friends and hopefully I didn't leave anyone out. If you win again, I will be available to write your acceptance speech and there are a couple of shade tree shrinks around who can help you come down from your last role.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors