Protect your digital identity with AARP’s fraud resource center. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Rising Sea Levels - Climate Change

Message 1 of 50

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

In a previous post, I showed that AOC was giving a "for instance" in terms of how millennials  felt so that point is mute.  

I think you mean "moot"?????

We know that man has created the climate change problem because of the research done by so many respected scientific agencies. 

The impact of the climate change is and has been wildfires, droughts, flooding, tornadoes,  and other local weather problems caused by excess energy in the atmosphere. 

So, global climate change is real, it is man made. Next question?

Who said the climate doesn't change? It changes all the time and the left will never halt the change!

you are correct. I meant the spelling moot.  It is appropriate that we see a conflict between the English majors and the scientists. The scientists support man made global climate change and the English majors talk about it not being true. 

I have undergraduate and graduate degrees in Engineering. I guess you consider those English majors?

So what, I am an engineer. Graduate degrees in engineering are not even slightly related to the science in Global Warming and Climate Change.

They are more related than English majors who claim to be climate scientists!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 50

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

In a previous post, I showed that AOC was giving a "for instance" in terms of how millennials  felt so that point is mute.  

We know that man has created the climate change problem because of the research done by so many respected scientific agencies. 

The impact of the climate change is and has been wildfires, droughts, flooding, tornadoes,  and other local weather problems caused by excess energy in the atmosphere. 

Who said the climate doesn't change? It changes all the time and the left will never halt the change!

you are correct. I meant the spelling moot.  It is appropriate that we see a conflict between the English majors and the scientists. The scientists support man made global climate change and the English majors talk about it not being true. 

I have undergraduate and graduate degrees in Engineering. I guess you consider those English majors?

So what, I am an engineer. Graduate degrees in engineering are not even slightly related to the science in Global Warming and Climate Change.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 50

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:Even if you buy this "global warming" or "Climate Change" stuff, how do you get other countries who pollute way more than we do, to buy in? Tell me how a new tax will modify the climate? Is this the new way the left has to redistribute money? If it can't be replicated in a laboratory and not proven short of having 97 climate scientists who claim it to be so, how do you convince the 300 million plus people in the U.S. that it is worth worrying about? The "climate scientists" were claiming the world would undergo major cooling a couple of decades ago and that hasn't happened. Why do you think they're correct this time?

the usual process is to negotiate (or make a deal) with the other countries.  We had a deal and Trump tore it up.  Now we learn that Trump is incapable of actually making a deal.  Not with Mexico, Canada, North Korea, Japan, closure of the government, infrastructure spending. So, we should tend to our own knitting to take some of the pollution out of the mix and wait for a Democratic president who can actually negotiate. 

Or 12 years will pass and the left will see that the world has not ended.

Actually, "the right" will be up to their necks in sea water and deny that they're wet!

Your God, Al Gore said that more than 10 years ago and I don't see the water even touching my toes!

Al Gore is not my god nor did he state what you claimed.

My God, however, did provide me with the common sense and intelligence to recognize global warming and its catastrophic results on our planet.

Your reply, however, actually verifies what I stated regarding "the right's" ludicrous denial of the obvious!

So, stamp your feet and the Global Warming or Climate Change will go away. 

You just confirmed the ludicrous attitude of the RW toward global warming and climate change!

If the left paid twice as much taxes, they wouldn't need all this money to squander on Climate Change.  That's what it's all about - taxes.

No .... "it's all about" being educated, well informed and intelligent ..... traits obviously lacking in global warming climate change deniers!

The Climate does change

Not as rapid nor violent as in the last few years.

and you won't stop or alter that change regardless if you have high carbon taxes or not,

You can stop/minimize further lethal climate change by drastically cutting "high carbon emissions".

but the left is not smart enough to figure that out.

The left is "smart enough" to know that if we don't address carbon emissions immediately, we will hit a point of no return wherein our children and grandchildren will suffer grotesque death and destruction due to actions we fail to take TODAY!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 50

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:Even if you buy this "global warming" or "Climate Change" stuff, how do you get other countries who pollute way more than we do, to buy in? Tell me how a new tax will modify the climate? Is this the new way the left has to redistribute money? If it can't be replicated in a laboratory and not proven short of having 97 climate scientists who claim it to be so, how do you convince the 300 million plus people in the U.S. that it is worth worrying about? The "climate scientists" were claiming the world would undergo major cooling a couple of decades ago and that hasn't happened. Why do you think they're correct this time?

the usual process is to negotiate (or make a deal) with the other countries.  We had a deal and Trump tore it up.  Now we learn that Trump is incapable of actually making a deal.  Not with Mexico, Canada, North Korea, Japan, closure of the government, infrastructure spending. So, we should tend to our own knitting to take some of the pollution out of the mix and wait for a Democratic president who can actually negotiate. 

Actually, "the right" will be up to their necks in sea water and deny that they're wet!

Your God, Al Gore said that more than 10 years ago and I don't see the water even touching my toes!

My God, however, did provide me with the common sense and intelligence to recognize global warming and its catastrophic results on our planet.

Your reply, however, actually verifies what I stated regarding "the right's" ludicrous denial of the obvious!

So, stamp your feet and the Global Warming or Climate Change will go away.  If the left paid twice as much taxes, they wouldn't need all this money to squander on Climate Change.  That's what it's all about - taxes.

The Climate does change and you won't stop or alter that change regardless if you have high carbon taxes or not, but the left is not smart enough to figure that out.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 50

NOT is wrapped up in yet another Republican ZOMBIE LIE to support his parroting of the GOPerLords mantra against Climate Change/Global Warming. Here's what was REALLY going on in the scientific community when GOPers pretend it was all about Golbal Cooling:

Ten years ago, Thomas Peterson, William Connolley and John Fleck published a paper in the Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society which looked back at the climate science of the 1970s: "The Myth of the Global Cooling Scientific Consensus" (hereafter called PCF08). The goal of the paper was to look at the peer-reviewed literature of the time to see what scientists were saying about the future projections of climate. In the decades since the 1970s, some "skeptics" of global warming/climate change have made claims that "all the scientists" in the 1970s were predicting "global cooling" or an "imminent ice age". But, the PCF08 survey of papers from 1965 to 1979 showed that while there were some concerns about future "cooling", especially at the beginning of the time period, there were many more concerns about future warming caused by human emissions of carbon dioxide.

1970s papers

Figure 1. The number of papers classified as predicting, implying, or providing supporting evidence for future global cooling, warming, and neutral categories. During the period from 1965 through 1979, the PCF08 literature survey found 7 cooling, 20 neutral, and 44 warming papers. (Peterson 2008)

In short, there was NEVER a significant number of peer review papers supporting Global Cooling, and they virtually disappeared around 1978, there being such a preponderance of evidence supporting Golbal WARMING nobody who could get published in an accredited journal bothered to write about it.

What the GOPerLords are hoping is that their dupes will prevent anything from being done to stop the flow of money into their pockets from fossil fuels and by the time civilization as we know it is sliding towards extinction, their grandkids will have enough money to escape the Global catastrophy their ganrd daddies caused.

I'm hoping everyone else's grandkids will remember who caused it, and find out where they live.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 50

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 50

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 50

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 50

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 50

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22