Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Resistence is actually working

Message 1 of 40

First of all …we were just starting to come together. With a world such as ours, it takes TIME and diplomacy. There is a REASON for Diplomacy ...Patience, and Tack goes a very long way. Words matter…and when dealing with Dictators of other countries, with the nuclear capability to start World War III …we have to be Very … very Careful.

We have fought all our lives for independence … 'Freedom' to be who we are and live together …and then there are so many ....giving their lives to overcome Historical Tyranny.

They say they need three thousand or more troops in Afghanistan …will it be your Son or Daughter?

In 2008 there were few regulations to prevent the Historical Ponzi scheme that crippled the World. The Billionaires took their money, and there was little the courts could do about it. Banks got their bailout before the new administration took over …it was a done deal.

For eight years the new administration fought for regulations that would NEVER let anything like that ever happen again. Now, regulations are being nullified so that the banks can do it to us ...all ...over ...Again. How quickly we forget. New Tech has a way of influencing us that way.

Complicated issues take TIME to figure out. Why Rush into a War that affects Billions of people around the Globe? Like it or not, we are a Global Alliance. That will never change now. When cars came along, horses were out of work. Cannot stop progress, no matter how hard they tried!

We trade …we buy …we vacation …we learn from …you get the picture? Why would War be better than trying to keep the peace and figure things out (no matter how long that that takes???) This is not a business deal that we have to make happen NOW. Actions affect all people around the world. There is an inevitable ...a domino effect. Things like this take TIME!!! Why be a Bully and want everything "Right NOW!!!… Real life just doesn’t work that way... Sorry. When so obviously your actions are causing Meanness …Hate …Separation and Mistrust?? While we are being divided from friends and loved ones, with a world in chaos …what the hell is wrong with this picture?? "It’s like fricking road rage!!"Certainly Hitler was a leftist, but his world order was Totalitarian …a far cry from what Democrats stand for today. Now we face a Joseph Stalin, and the re-start of the Cold War. No …history does not seem to teach us anything.

Fakes News and dishonest journalism? Tell that to James Foleys family.......... "We have never been prouder of our son Jim," Foley's mother posted on Facebook on Tuesday evening after the graphic visions of their son. "He gave his life trying to expose the world to the suffering of the Syrian people." Tell me this is fake news ...I Defy You! Is it worth all your anger to put your children and grandchildren in jeopardy? I ask them now …"Why, is this so hard to understand?

The clouds of racism were slowly fading away. But not now ...now we regress. We start over again … IF we survive…

My hope is that we can be Smarter than this. Can we all just research and learn, or is that just too **bleep** Hard??? ….Our lives, our families, and our Planet ... depend on it.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 40

You are correct that they use the proper tools of propaganda in order to matain, their goals.

That is why, se must also use those tools in order to produce the desire effect.

The only way, that we will see results in 2018 is to use, phone calls to Congress and  the Senate, use social media, not just message boards.  Town hall meetings, any kind of activism that you can do.

and most of all, use passive resistance. be careful on how characterize them. no name calling. it doesn't work for the people that you are trying to change.
be sure of your facts. and if they are your opinions, say so.

Be careful of the resources that you utilize to further your opinions
This time the Democratic Party will have to utilize "extreme vetting" as to the candidates that will be running in the next election. and make sure that they receive the money and support that they need to win.  .

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 40
Let's not pass this on to the next generation. Man up Republicans and do something now so we can pass our Country to them proudly.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 40

The Brown shirt tactics are what FOX News, Briebart and other Right Wing radicals have been using for years now.  Although they talk tough but most are cowards and wouldn't take to the streets.  Propaganda is their favorite tool.  They pretend to believe in God, the Military the Police as long as they don't have to go to war, or believe what the bible really teaches, love thy neighbor as thyself.  Or police fighting protesters from what was really their fault.  One thing is for certain is they will always get caught in their lies.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 40

Thank you for your response,  My motives are to see this country flourish., to see our children and grandchildren grow up in a country that respect others.
To have the moral values of those who fought in all our wars. Now more than ever the words of President Kennedy  come to mind. Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.

Presently those words have more meaning than ever. As a Republican, I have seen this party deteriorate in many ways, There are too many things that I don't agree. I have also seen the Democratic Party forget who they were. 
Is unfortunately that at this time, a leader for the Democratic Party have not been seen, I expect that very soon we shall see one.
There are many things that need to be changed, and I hope that our next generation's will have the will and the strength's to do so.

Our future as a country hangs in the balance.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 40

@rker321  Yes, all those things we should do and more.  I'd like to see the Country I chose to defend continue to exist...else what has it all been for? I do applaud your motives.

When the RRR continues to view any sign of compromise as capitulation, that will not be possible. A goodly number of the RRR would see the failure of this Nation as an opportunity to make what comes after into a Theocratic Plutocracy. It is up to us to see that doesn't happen.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 40

It is amusing to read who the supporters of Donald attempt to modify the idea of resistence and seem to believe that the only thing that matters is DC.    Why that is important, what many are observing is fear by the run of the mill GOP congresscritters.     They can be the spineless wonders in DC- they have proven that, but they do have to go home and that is when they face an electorate that is not going to give them a free ride that some seem to be hoping for.  

Donald just got handed a loss in South Carolina.    It was amusing - he, who said that he has so distanced himself from his business, was arguing in court that one of his businesses should not have to pay for toxic clean-up at a site he purchased.   He further said that he didn't know who the previous owner was so determining what really needed to be done was impossible.

1.   The previous owner was his son.   ( aka he was bailing out his son's failed business)

2.    Claiming not to know one's son - who he has supposedly given free hand to manage his businesses is what most people would call a lie.

3.    South Carolina told him to pound sand and pay for the toxic clean-up.   

Regardless of all the gaslighting and misdirection by supporters, that is how the Admin is weakened.  A gutless GOP and a guy who requires ego-stroking on a daily basis who faces these minor failures...they will continue to add up and make him more irrational until GOP will distance themselves from him.

Meanwhile the Alt-Right college Republicans in Michigan send out hate Valentines:   College Republicans group handed out gift bags to students Wednesday night, including one with a card that said "my love 4 u burns like 6,000 jews." It had a photo of Adolf Hitler and was signed "XOXO, Courtney."        yeah, that is really going to attract more to join the party. /s

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 40

If "The Resistance" is serious about getting rid of the Manchild wandering around the White House they need to be registering every potential Democratic voter they can find AND be making arrangements to GET THEM TO THE POLLS  Tuesday, Nov 6th 2018. No more Greens, no more sitting it out.

Until then, Der Trumper will get whatever he wants from the lapdog GOPers in the House and Senate. They've already begun trashing Elizabeth Warren in the Senate, and we should expect to see her being slandered in the Fascist media on a regular basis.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 40

@rk9152 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Mick - do you really think that the games played in the Senate has any relevance to:

"President Trump is the President of the USofA, not the world. And, he is doing exactly what he promised to do - the promises that got him elected. I don't believe that the promises is what is getting him in trouble is the execution.

So, let's be honest, there is no intention to get any truth out there. The intention is to bring down the legally elected government via "any means necessary".I am wondering, what would those means be? If they are legal means, then, they are aceptable, and in response to anything illegal that the Administration was guilty of.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 40

RK9I52--Reread it--my post seems on target.  What is it that you think I'm missing?

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views