Views

Re: Repubs Are Outraged Over trump's Latest Blunder

Message 11 of 31

@rk9152wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

I am a register Republican and I am not outraged. Might you be referring to the Republican establishment?

And then there is the point that Obama did the same thing.

Obama didn't refuse to impose sanctions that Congress almost unanimously passed and then congratulate Putin on his election win after he meddled in our elections and Russians hacked into 7 state voter data bases, along with Russia putting 100 operatives in our country posting false news on Facebook trying to influence our elections.  But of course ......... trump surely did. Trump cult members would never criticize him doing this so ..... it doesn't surprise me that you would try to defend his doing so.

The issue is congratulating another major world leader on his election. It is normal di[lomacy as practiced by the two Presidents mentioned.

No - - the issue is trump congratulating Putin under the circumstances of Putin hacking into our computer systems and meddling in our elections. Instead of placing sanctions on Putin and Russia, trump congratulates him. Go ahead, defend him again, it's what trump supporters blindly do, regardless of what idiot things that trump does.

And yet Obama said that the Russians could nor have an effect on our elections and he knew of the efforts. As to hacking in general, yes, it has been going on for decades.

And yet, Conservatives blather along without understanding much of anything other than "blame Obama".  IMO, it shows a real lack of depth of understanding global affairs as well as a self-serving desire to protect trump:

So why didn't Obama's administration do more?

That isn't clear. Some former administration officials who have talked about it publicly have reproached themselves for not acting more aggressively. There also was a long-standing criticism of Obama that his foreign-policy making amounted to endless process with no outcomes — hours of meetings that yielded more meetings but no ultimate action.

Plus, the relationship between the United States and Russia is multifaceted and often intensely complicated:

• Obama scaled back missile defense plans in Europe to placate Moscow.
  • Obama wanted Russia to play a role in the international agreement under which Iran agreed to restrict its nuclear program — and Putin went along.
  • Obama spent the end of his presidency trying to bring Russia into a multilateral agreement to end the Syrian civil war, but Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov ultimately never committed.

So Obama's team had to manage many spinning plates in addition to the active measures campaign it detected by the middle of 2016. One question Obama may address in his book is why he calibrated his choices in the way he did — whether he looked the other way on election interference to keep open other options elsewhere.

A partisan tightrope

Former Vice President Joe Biden also has complained that the White House wanted Republicans to join in a bipartisan statement announcing and condemning the interference campaign. In Biden's telling, however, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., wouldn't go along.

But that didn't stop then-Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., from alluding publicly to the Russian campaign in a letter to then-FBI Director James Comey. And Comey reportedly wanted to announce the active measures in an op-ed column, as Newsweek reported in March 2017. Two sources with knowledge about the matter told Newsweek that Obama administration officials blocked the effort.

There's no way to know what difference it might have made for U.S. officials to have confirmed and condemned the Russian interference in real time.

FACT CHECK: Why Didn't Obama Stop Russia's Election Interference In 2016?

Just think what might have been adverted if the Cons in both houses wanted to stop Russia.  maybe they knew the Russians were trying to help trump.....maybe THEY were complicit themselves.  That might explain the horrendous investigation by the GOP House Intelligence Committee.

Maybe someone should investigate the GOP House and how they didn't support the Obama administrations recommendations.  Ya think?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 31

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

"I am a register Republican..."  Why YES you are, rk; yes you are....of course, that is what I posted...and further demonstrated by the incorrect word usage.what word do you object to?

and I am not outraged. Not all within the party have equal abilities to understand cause and effect. True - there is the establishment and then there are those a few who elected President Trump.  The cause and effect of neoMarxism would be a tragedy for out nation. NeoMarxism didn't run in 2016. Another faux point from the usual source....of course it did in theProgressive Movement Fortunately, enough Americans see the danger and voted to stop it's long march.  Again, it didn't run in 2016.again it did.

Might you be referring to the Republican establishment?  Anyone who isn't a far-right wing extremist....no, yes!  Americans who value our history and want to continue the model of democracy that our Founders gave the world. It's sad that the GOP could only get a trump through to the nomination....it speaks volumes about Republicans. but he did beat the sad candidate from the Dems also speaking volumes.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 31

@ChasKy53wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

I am a register Republican and I am not outraged. Might you be referring to the Republican establishment?

Obama didn't refuse to impose sanctions that Congress almost unanimously passed and then congratulate Putin on his election win after he meddled in our elections and Russians hacked into 7 state voter data bases, along with Russia putting 100 operatives in our country posting false news on Facebook trying to influence our elections.  But of course ......... trump surely did. Trump cult members would never criticize him doing this so ..... it doesn't surprise me that you would try to defend his doing so.

The issue is congratulating another major world leader on his election. It is normal di[lomacy as practiced by the two Presidents mentioned.

No - - the issue is trump congratulating Putin under the circumstances of Putin hacking into our computer systems and meddling in our elections. Instead of placing sanctions on Putin and Russia, trump congratulates him. Go ahead, defend him again, it's what trump supporters blindly do, regardless of what idiot things that trump does.

And yet Obama said that the Russians could nor have an effect on our elections and he knew of the efforts. As to hacking in general, yes, it has been going on for decades.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 31

@afisherwrote:

FTR:   This post is about GOP MOC, not individuals here.   The hits continued by US Senators who were elected by their States and know that Donald no longer cares about anyone but himself and his own agenda.    If some here have yet to figure it out, they may consider venturing outside  of their bubble and look see that only the Alt-Right tribe is buying all the conspirarcy theories that people within their bubble are saying. 

Right you are, AGAIN, afish.  It's sad to witness this American tragedy.  We'll be hearing for decades, "how could you have let this happen"?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 31

@rk9152wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

"I am a register Republican..."  Why YES you are, rk; yes you are....of course, that is what I posted...and further demonstrated by the incorrect word usage.

and I am not outraged. Not all within the party have equal abilities to understand cause and effect. True - there is the establishment and then there are those a few who elected President Trump.  The cause and effect of neoMarxism would be a tragedy for out nation. NeoMarxism didn't run in 2016. Another faux point from the usual source.... Fortunately, enough Americans see the danger and voted to stop it's long march.  Again, it didn't run in 2016.

Might you be referring to the Republican establishment?  Anyone who isn't a far-right wing extremist....no, yes!  Americans who value our history and want to continue the model of democracy that our Founders gave the world. It's sad that the GOP could only get a trump through to the nomination....it speaks volumes about Republicans.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 31

FTR:   This post is about GOP MOC, not individuals here.   The hits continued by US Senators who were elected by their States and know that Donald no longer cares about anyone but himself and his own agenda.    If some here have yet to figure it out, they may consider venturing outside  of their bubble and look see that only the Alt-Right tribe is buying all the conspirarcy theories that people within their bubble are saying. 

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 31

Der Trumper is 100% a creature of the new Republican Party and nobody who voted for Lemontop has a legitimate cause to complain about his behavior. You all knew he was a draft-dodging, infantile preppytwit for years before he ran, and he's not changed.

The solution to the disaster that is Trump is to remove the NRAGOP from office in November and then a sane Congress can begin removing Der Trumper in January.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 31

@rk9152wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 31

@ChasKy53wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

The issue is congratulating another major world leader on his election. It is normal diplomacy as practiced by the two Presidents mentioned.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 31

@Richvawrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Richvawrote:

@rk9152wrote:

Now you know how us Democrats feel when you and Jimmy But it sounds like you are agreeing that make similar statements about Hillary's comments. 

You are going to have to be a bit more specific as to who "Jimmy" is and what he said. But it sounds like you are agreeing that this topic is all nonsense - "but you did it too".

The point here is two fold. 1. Trump was a moron to congratulate.  That is becoming regular news though. 2. The leak came from his inner circle. That means that even his closest advisers believe it was a huge gaff. 

1. I don't see him as a moron and why would you congratulate a moron?

2. Yes, but it seems that someone in that inner circle has forgotten who the boss is and the role of an aide.

I continue to quote Rex Tillerson about Trump being a Moron. 

I believe the word you are looking for as regards to the aides is "patriot" or perhaps "whistleblower". 

When Tillerson was nominated, the lefties went bonkers. As I recall his biggest sin was that he was too successful and too rich. Yet, showing the shallowness of the left, an unconfirmed rumor about the word "moron" and they have a new darling.

No, I am not looking for a word - leaker is fine.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors