Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Kudos
Views

Re: Republicans move in 2017 is cut Social Security

Message 1 of 332

Thank you for your participation. This thread is now closed. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 332

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Sure rk9152 with all due respect G Man , here your selfish attitude shines again, Stating that asking  those making over 118,000 to pay FICA to help strengthen S.S. for our fellow Americans to help them survive with dignity is Wealth Redistribution !!!

What in the world is OUR Hard Earned Tax Dollars Paying for Most of YOUR Federal Pension Called ??? So Self Absorbed Aren't We ??? 

@mandm84 wrote:

Sure rk9152 with all due respect G Man , here your selfish attitude shines again, Stating that asking  those making over 118,000 to pay FICA to help strengthen S.S. for our fellow Americans to help them survive with dignity is Wealth Redistribution !!!

What in the world is OUR Hard Earned Tax Dollars Paying for Most of YOUR Federal Pension Called ??? So Self Absorbed Aren't We ??? 

My Federal Pension is called a pension, just like any other pension, earned during many years of working for my employer.

I do not object to raising the ceiling. So, if you want to be offensive, please at least get your complaint right.

Offensive? ...... Says the poster who called me a green eyed monster with an ugly head.

I won't call that a lie.

Because you know it's true!

But I will suggest that you offer substantiation else the facts will call it a lie.

Seriously?  

You want me to substantiate a statement that YOU made while admitting that YOUR statement was true?

That defies any logic rk!!!

Look at your reply to me in a previous post ..... you stated it ..... you own it ..... and you know where you posted it!

If you really want to continue this discussion about:

Says the poster who called me a green eyed monster with an ugly head you are going to have show where that happened. Otherwise, there is no point to going on.

Stop playing coy rk .... you know EXACTLY where you posted it!

And  as you exhibited under this topic, you are able to generate a detailed time logged diary of your posts and those of others!

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 332

@rker321 wrote:

Rk  aren't you a bit too old to actually enter into a discussion of she said I said etc?

Apparently not ..... as rk initiated the "she said I said".

You conveniently omitted that in your zest to attack me.

You have been here long enough to know that posters sometimes misundersand posts.

As you just did.

no need to argue or discuss silliness.

Yet you just did anyway!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 332

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

cat 2:39am - all about rk.

cat 2:53am - all about rk's retirement benefits.

cat 3:07am - praise for someone named "mandma"(?) dumping on rk.

cat 3:32am - all about rk.

cat 3:35am - about dependency on SS. Yes, I think dependency on the whims of the government and a highly politically charged thing is not good for the individual.

cat 3:38am - When have the "Dems" ever tried to turn "the insurance industry, the health care industry, and, in fact, all industry (and everything else) over to the goverment?" Please give us specific examples. Hillarycare and Single Payer. I hope that is specific enough for you and whoever else you represent in "us". 

cat 3:46am - all about rk.

cat 3:52am - I offer the TSP as an example of a successful program and get Chile as a comeback. Go figure!!

cat 3:57am - Obama said no such thing. Sheesh. Give us the full quotein context. I hope the following is sufficient context for you and the rest of the "us' you speak for - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=926bPZiQhgY

cat 4:06am - about a TSP program as a separate entity. Off topic. I mentioned the TSP as a way for the partial privatization of SS to benefit retirees.

cat 4:15am - The goal wasn't just to provide coverage for poor people. The goal was to provide universal coverage--health insurance for everyone So, in effect, a government run healthcare system was the goal of the Progressives. Most people were happy with what they had. We were told the problem was poor people having to use the ER.

cat 4:23am - Of course SS redistributes wealth. Isn't that why you hate it? Offensive, but predictably so. And in error. It is a system whereby current workers paid in throughout their careers and that money paid for the preceding generation and so on. The schemes proposed by our radical left to "fix" the problems by taking more money from those who the lefties have decided don't need it, give them no more when they retire and give the money to other "more deserving of it". that is wealth redistribution.

WOW! ..... quite the concerning diary ya got goin there rk.

Numerous questions require numerous answers. Wouldn't want to offend cat by ignoring her questions.

It's not "offending" that was concerning ..... it was 'stalking'.

That is an interesting way of looking at things - responding to a poster's posts is "stalking".

Never said that rk. Again, you put your words into my comments.

Possibly you could look up the definition of the word "discussion".

An evasion from "stalking".

How about when you respond to my posts to someone else? I assume that is just fine with you - but why?

Because it is quite normal to do that rk .... and you do that yourself.  But unlike yourself, I have never kept and displayed a time logged diary for any poster I dealt with ..... kinda bizarre.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 332

Rk  aren't you a bit too old to actually enter into a discussion of she said I said etc? You have been here long enough to know that posters sometimes misundersand posts. no need to argue or discuss silliness.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 332

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

My Federal Pension is called a pension, just like any other pension, earned during many years of working for my employer.

I do not object to raising the ceiling. So, if you want to be offensive, please at least get your complaint right.

Offensive? ...... Says the poster who called me a green eyed monster with an ugly head.

I won't call that a lie.

But I will suggest that you offer substantiation else the facts will call it a lie.

Seriously?  

You want me to substantiate a statement that YOU made while admitting that YOUR statement was true?

Look at your reply to me in a previous post ..... you stated it ..... you own it ..... and you know where you posted it!

If you really want to continue this discussion about:

Says the poster who called me a green eyed monster with an ugly head you are going to have show where that happened. Otherwise, there is no point to going on.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 332

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

cat 3:35am - about dependency on SS. Yes, I think dependency on the whims of the government and a highly politically charged thing is not good for the individual.

cat 3:38am - When have the "Dems" ever tried to turn "the insurance industry, the health care industry, and, in fact, all industry (and everything else) over to the goverment?" Please give us specific examples. Hillarycare and Single Payer. I hope that is specific enough for you and whoever else you represent in "us". 

cat 3:52am - I offer the TSP as an example of a successful program and get Chile as a comeback. Go figure!!

cat 3:57am - Obama said no such thing. Sheesh. Give us the full quotein context. I hope the following is sufficient context for you and the rest of the "us' you speak for - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=926bPZiQhgY

cat 4:06am - about a TSP program as a separate entity. Off topic. I mentioned the TSP as a way for the partial privatization of SS to benefit retirees.

cat 4:15am - The goal wasn't just to provide coverage for poor people. The goal was to provide universal coverage--health insurance for everyone So, in effect, a government run healthcare system was the goal of the Progressives. Most people were happy with what they had. We were told the problem was poor people having to use the ER.

cat 4:23am - Of course SS redistributes wealth. Isn't that why you hate it? Offensive, but predictably so. And in error. It is a system whereby current workers paid in throughout their careers and that money paid for the preceding generation and so on. The schemes proposed by our radical left to "fix" the problems by taking more money from those who the lefties have decided don't need it, give them no more when they retire and give the money to other "more deserving of it". that is wealth redistribution.

Numerous questions require numerous answers. Wouldn't want to offend cat by ignoring her questions.

That is an interesting way of looking at things - responding to a poster's posts is "stalking". Possibly you could look up the definition of the word "discussion".

How about when you respond to my posts to someone else? I assume that is just fine with you - but why?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 332

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

I won't call that a lie.

Seriously?  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 332

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 332

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

The term "Kook" is referring to Ron Paul's  suggested policies and platform over all. Rand Paul's platform and policies are also insane.

-------

But Ron Paul is no longer in Congress.  That was just a reference that I vote for the person and not the party.  Voting for the party is a trait of the communistic and totalitarian countries.

Not true Tex ... and the epitome of an enormous false equivalency as well!

Rather .... Voting for a dictator like Trump is the "trait of the communistic and totalitarian countries" Tex!

Interesting - the side of the aisle that wants a one Party system with a weakened Judiciary and a compliant Legislative Branch accuses the other guys of wanting totalitarianism. Then there is the side that wants the government to take over more and more of the means of production, in some perverted way sees the other guys as "communistic".

Seems we have another poster who needs to learn the definition of terms. The only cliche left out was "Fascist".

No rk ..... Seems you have once again inserted your words into my post just to contrive something for you to criticize!

Got it. You really didn't post, " Voting for a dictator like Trump is the "trait of the communistic and totalitarian countries" Tex!". Must be someone using your handle.

No .... I turned the "handle" on Tex .... applying his own words against him as he introduced "trait of the communistic and totalitarian countries". It's there rk .... but as usual you evaded it!

And it was the poster you are defending who brought up accusations of "communism" and "totalitarianism" rk.

Got it. You dodn't post, " Voting for a dictator like Trump is the "trait of the communistic and totalitarian countries" Tex!" Must be someone else using your handle.

No .... I turned the "handle" on Tex .... applying his own words against him as he introduced "trait of the communistic and totalitarian countries". It's there rk .... but as usual you evaded it!

So consider barking up the right tree instead of inserting your words into my post and accusing me of what another poster did!

Got it. You didn't post, " Voting for a dictator like Trump is the "trait of the communistic and totalitarian countries" Tex!". Must have been someone else using your handle.

KSHAH says we are off topic so I propose that you start an rk9152 topic to continue this. 

Naw ..... you've already started too many of those topics.

Kudos
Views