With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Republicans move in 2017 is cut Social Security

Message 131 of 332

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Actually, I'd rather have someone with ties to Wall Street as apposed to someone with ties to Putin and Russia. I think that's a no-brainer !!!!

-------

Since Hillary had a hand in selling off 20% of our uranium to Russia, so I guess you won't be voting for her? 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 132 of 332

@ChasKy53 wrote:

So would you, at least according to what you used to say. Yep, I'll vote a Democratic ticket, unless there are progressives to vote for in the House and Senate, and I do cross Party lines in local elections.

--

I do believe that you are putting words into my posts.  I have stated that no, I don't vote a straight ticket.  For instance as long as Ron Paul was running I voted for him.  My reason was that he took care of the community and that if I had a problem with government offices [I've had several with Tricare pharmacy] I could go to his office and they would help me.  The local sheriff, a Democrat was a good friend of mine so that vote was Democratic, etc.

I'm not bound by party lines but by the person.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 133 of 332

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Sorry but Full Disclosure for any Commander in Chief candidate is a must, especially a Billionaire Putin Fan like Trump. Leader of the Free World, Too much potential risk IMHO

-------------

So you would prefer someone who has proven connections with Wall Street and advocates open borders, etc?  I'd rather go with what I see rather than what one can't see.  You should read those emails from her campaign....

Actually, I'd rather have someone with ties to Wall Street as apposed to someone with ties to Putin and Russia. I think that's a no-brainer !!!!

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 134 of 332

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

I asked you one question about the draft that you never answered, instead you went in circles, yet you ask me four of them here. Good luck getting an answer.

--

Chasky, I know the answers, and I'm sure you do also.  Of course you wouldn't vote for him, but you are just using that as a distraction.  And of course it's doubtful that you've even looked at Hillary's tax returns, and the reason you are supporting her is because of that 'D' in front of her name.

No doubt you vote a straight ticket on the 'D' side.  With Bernie not getting the nomination, you showed your loyalty is to the party, not the person. 

My voting is based on political policies and platform. The Republican platform is bad for America, unless you are the 1%. Bernie could have been nominated (I wish he had) and then I would be voting for a Democratic candidate just as I am now. So would you, at least according to what you used to say. Yep, I'll vote a Democratic ticket, unless there are progressives to vote for in the House and Senate, and I do cross Party lines in local elections.

I can't even consider someone like Trump, the Republican and the Libertarian platforms disgust me, along with the Green Party's. Yep ................ I'll be voting Democrat, and proud of it.

Hope you can be proud if you vote for someone like Trump.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 135 of 332

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Republicans have made having a public and private position on issues the basis of their entire political operation.

----------

And haven't you noticed that Hillary also has a public and private position?  Much is said about her private position in those hacked emails.  Good investigative reporters and media would have already exposed those private positions.  She'd never had achieved the nomination without their failure to carry out their constitutional requirements.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 136 of 332

Republicans have made having a public and private position on issues the basis of their entire political operation.

Their public position is to improve SS and Medicare.

Their private position is to turn SS over to Wall Street and Medicare over to the insurance Industry.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 137 of 332

Enough with the Republican Zombie Lies that ACA took money from Medicare.

the ACA Law reduces the rising costs of Medicare by holding insurers and hospitals to higher standards of performance. The CBO now estimates those SAVINGS will reduce Medicare outlays to service providers by $800Billion over the next decade. There are NO reductions in support provided to Medicare enrollees.

Republicans hate ACA because it holds helath care providers to higher standards and checks their previously uncontrolled price hikes, "taking money" NOT from Medicare or its customers BUT FROM THE CORPORATE HEALTH CARE SYSTEM.

Repeal ACA and all those services NOT listed will cost MORE, but there will be no increase in the level of service provided.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 138 of 332

@mandm84 wrote:

Sorry but Full Disclosure for any Commander in Chief candidate is a must, especially a Billionaire Putin Fan like Trump. Leader of the Free World, Too much potential risk IMHO

-------------

So you would prefer someone who has proven connections with Wall Street and advocates open borders, etc?  I'd rather go with what I see rather than what one can't see.  You should read those emails from her campaign....

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 139 of 332

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 140 of 332
rker posted..

WOW we have really gone off topic on this thread. It is a miracle that the Moderators have not made an appearance.
As long as we have a Democrat for President, that will not happen, and if we can get back the Senate, that will not happen also.
The REpublicans can try whatever they wish. but once they try to mess up with the entitlements they usually find out that their jobs will be in jeopardy. Bush didn't have enbough votes to actually deal with the privatization and soon found out that it was something that he would not be able to impose. And do will Paul Ryan unless he becomes President and has a Republican Congress behind him

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you think that the Republicans want to do away with SS, Medicare and Medicaid? That is what many left posters are saying and have been saying for years...its just not true and when asked for links showing that is true they hide under their desks. But scare tactics work.

You state "Bush didn't have enbough votes to actually deal with the privatization".
Privatization of SS...that would be for SS be taken over by a private firm...that was not the plan.

Kudos
Views