Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 31 of 39

@Fishslayer777   I have  no idea as to whether Puerto Rico  should have a check or not.
But   I truly  believe that we should extend the unemployment benefits we have millions without a job. We need national policies that will deal with this pandemic and we have none. And as I said before mothers will not send their kids to school if they don't trust their safety.
The social unrest that we see today, is manly the lack of stability at the top, people don't see an end and many are simply dealing with situations that they never dealt before.
We need stability  and hope not a check that will last for a month

no name
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 39

@Centristsin2010 

The forest for the trees.... the very thing you complain about is the very things you do... over and over. Puerto Rico and FEMA's hurricane response  have nothing REMOTELY to do with this

However In the real news.... Puerto Rico will/do get the stimulus checks. 

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 39

@BrowdisT436721 wrote:

I never received the first check that was sent out..

I'm sure you've been searching as to why not.  This article is informative and possibly it may help you identify why not, and also if it just hasn't happened yet.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-havent-i-gotten-my-stimulus-check-yet-6-possible-reasons-your-...

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 39

I never received the first check that was sent out..

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 39

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Send it to charity... or your local church. or the Island trump turned his back on, Puerto Rico after it was devastated by Hurricaine Maria.

I recommend sending it to a worthy cause to save the Republican party and make checks payable to 

The Lincoln Project....address available in most search engines....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 39

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Part of the link...

(CNN)White House officials and Senate Republicans are finalizing a bill that would offer $1,200 checks to many Americans and that would not renew the full unemployment insurance enhancement as part of a proposal for the next stimulus bill set to be unveiled Monday, several top administration officials said Sunday.

White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union" that $1,200 checks to Americans will be part of the new recovery package, in addition to reemployment bonuses, retention bonuses and tax credits for small businesses and restaurants.
Kudlow also said the Republican proposal will lengthen the federal eviction moratorium that is lapsing. The $600 weekly boost to unemployment benefits that many Americans have relied upon is also expiring this week.
The new provisions are slated to be unveiled on Monday, in hopes of replacing benefits that officials characterized as potentially incentivizing recipients not to return to work. "We want to move forward quickly, the bill will be introduced Monday, we are prepared to act quickly," Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin said on "Fox News Sunday."

==================================================
Not sure about giving everyone another $1,200. I got it and did not need it...we saved for retirement. 

But it was asinine to give the unemployed $600 a week on top of what they were getting from the state.  Many or most are getting more for not working than working.

What about those families who are unable to make it on just unemployment benefits KidBoy2?

That extra $600 would certainly help!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 39

Republicans to include $1,200 checks and smaller federal unemployment aid in new stimulus

https://www.pogo.org/investigation/2020/07/millions-in-ppp-loans-went-to-chinese-state-owned-compani... 

Millions in PPP Loans Went to Chinese State-Owned Companies

What's up with that?

Can I get millions too?

$ 1200. might be enough to pay one month's rent somewhere, not where I live, but somewhere.

Got to force the peons back to work,  the masters need that surplus labor

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 39

Send it to charity... or your local church. 

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Republicans to include $1,200 checks and smaller federal unemployment aid in new stimulus proposal B

Message 39 of 39

Part of the link...

(CNN)White House officials and Senate Republicans are finalizing a bill that would offer $1,200 checks to many Americans and that would not renew the full unemployment insurance enhancement as part of a proposal for the next stimulus bill set to be unveiled Monday, several top administration officials said Sunday.

White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union" that $1,200 checks to Americans will be part of the new recovery package, in addition to reemployment bonuses, retention bonuses and tax credits for small businesses and restaurants.
Kudlow also said the Republican proposal will lengthen the federal eviction moratorium that is lapsing. The $600 weekly boost to unemployment benefits that many Americans have relied upon is also expiring this week.
The new provisions are slated to be unveiled on Monday, in hopes of replacing benefits that officials characterized as potentially incentivizing recipients not to return to work. "We want to move forward quickly, the bill will be introduced Monday, we are prepared to act quickly," Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin said on "Fox News Sunday."

==================================================
Not sure about giving everyone another $1,200. I got it and did not need it...we saved for retirement. 

But it was asinine to give the unemployed $600 a week on top of what they were getting from the state.  Many or most are getting more for not working than working.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit