Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Republicans say "Let's do Infrastructure now"

Message 1 of 50

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 50

@Richva wrote:

We were doing our, fiscally responsible, budget the other night like all good Democrats do.  We took a look at our expenses and our income.  We determined the expenses which were fixed, the repairs & maintenance which had to be done. How that matched up with our income.  

Republicans give the top 1% a huge tax break and then try to determine if they can put off the work on bridges and roads ONE MORE YEAR. 

Even the left will admit that the Democrat resistance kept Trump from doing all he wanted the first year. Trump finally gave most Americans a tax cut. I know the left would want the people paying the least tax to get the lions share of the tax cuts (other people's money), but that just isn't fair. The people who earned the money, paid the tax, are getting SOME of their own money back.

Congrats on doing your own budget and properly managing your money.  That is what Trump is TRYING to do with our money. Taxes have to be cut as well as WASTE.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 50

We were doing our, fiscally responsible, budget the other night like all good Democrats do.  We took a look at our expenses and our income.  We determined the expenses which were fixed, the repairs & maintenance which had to be done. How that matched up with our income.  

Republicans give the top 1% a huge tax break and then try to determine if they can put off the work on bridges and roads ONE MORE YEAR. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 50

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Assuming al lgood GOPers want to eliminate the Federal Deficit, the "flat tax" mumbojumbo they keep tossing around would work like this:

TOTAL Cost of running Government in 2017: $4.094Trillion

TOTAL Personal Income in 2016                  $16.012Trillion

Flat Tax rate needed to balance Budget: 25.56%

I guess the left is willing to ELIMINATE the corporate tax altogether? It seems so since you failed to include that in your miscalculation.

"Miscalculation"?  Can you do math?  Let's see your numbers showing what the flat tax would have to be.

Under the Republican tax cut, to pay off the debt, for infrastructure or pay for anything  - - - - - - - - - who would the GOP and trump raise taxes on?  I'll give you one small clue - - - - - - - - - all tax cuts except for the corporate tax and taxes on the wealthiest are temporary, while taxes on the wealthiest and corporations are permanent.

I can but obviously you and Obama cult can't. Total income from both income and corporate taxes is $2.207 Trillion (forget Scout's nonsense). There are roughly 330 million people or an average of $6,687.88 needed per person.

How's your math now?

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/statistics/amount-revenue-source

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 50

@CriticalThinking

@Richva

@ChasKy53

@Olderscout66

It would seem that corporations are better individuals than we are! They along the well to do get a lot better treatment than the rest of us. 

Denial, the repubs walk around in circles telling us how great their plan is for the citizens of our country...they know that it isn’t, but it would seem they have convinced themselves. Oh, and what about the people waiting for the ufo behind the comet? And talking economics with the repubs? There economic plan is as long as it benefits them, the hell with rest of us...as evidenced by their tax cut bill. trump and gang try to weave a web of confusion and deceit, but it’s easy to figure out...it’s called personal greed. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Republicans say "Let's do Infrastructure now"

Message 6 of 50

One of the hallmarks of a cult member is the element of denial. All cult members are in a state of denial and have no clue as to what's happening. So when you discuss this with a member of the Trump Cult, they will always DENY what's obvious to everyone else. 

What do you think would have happened if you told members of the Jim Jones Cult they shouldn't go to Guyana? That's right, they would have laughed at you and completely denied they were members of a cult. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 50

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I think everything Trump tried to do is great, so I guess in your mind I'm part of Trump's cult (according to you). Now looking at the other side, you and the left posters on this forum fit your definition of Obama/Hillary cult members.

I disagree on your definition of cult. If Trump came up with something that I thought was bad for the country or me, I would definitely tell anybody.  I don't think Trump's tax is perfect (far from it). If I had made the tax, you would see an 8.5"x11" instruction sheet telling you to multiply your income by some percentage (flat tax) and NO exemptions for anything. I'll even let you pick the percentage BUT, everyone pays that!

I love to talk economics to conservatives. They are such a happy people who truly believe in unicorns and fairies.  Nobody mentions that none of the flat tax proposals put forth by Cruz or Ryan covered the cost of running the government.  

They also do not mention that a flat tax would mean a 7 fold increase for the poorest segments of our society. On the other hand, they are just poor people and there for the plucking. Oh dear. There I go talking facts again.  Would you be more comfortable talking about rainbows and playing fantasy economics?

https://www.cnbc.com/2015/11/11/gop-simple-flat-tax-proposals-simply-do-not-add-up.html

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 50

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Assuming al lgood GOPers want to eliminate the Federal Deficit, the "flat tax" mumbojumbo they keep tossing around would work like this:

I guess the left is willing to ELIMINATE the corporate tax altogether? It seems so since you failed to include that in your miscalculation.

"Miscalculation"?  Can you do math?  Let's see your numbers showing what the flat tax would have to be.

Under the Republican tax cut, to pay off the debt, for infrastructure or pay for anything  - - - - - - - - - who would the GOP and trump raise taxes on?  I'll give you one small clue - - - - - - - - - all tax cuts except for the corporate tax and taxes on the wealthiest are temporary, while taxes on the wealthiest and corporations are permanent.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 50

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Did somebody miss out on the definition of "flat tax"?  Is it not the same tax rate for everyone?  After all..........aren't corporations people too?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 50

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Kudos
Views