Honored Social Butterfly

Republicans grow nervous about losing the Senate amid worries over Trump’s handling of the pandemic

As Trump's incompetence is placed on display for all to see, the Republicans are waking up to the vice in which they have placed themselves.  Trump's base will primary them in a heartbeat but backing a moron will cost them the general election. 

“It is a bleak picture right now all across the map, to be honest with you,” said one Republican strategist closely involved in Senate races who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss concerns within the party. “This whole conversation is a referendum on Trump, and that is a bad place for Republicans to be"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/republicans-grow-nervous-about-losing-the-senate-amid-worrie... 

Social Butterfly

Yeahhhh, what the hell happened to ya???Yeahhhh, what the hell happened to ya???

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
Honored Social Butterfly

Sunluver, do you really think The Duke would support a gutless draft-dodging racist just because he called himself a Republican?

Social Butterfly

No Oderscout i dont, but i do believe The Duke would be a staunch supporter AND be as proud of our Presidents loyalty to his people and his country as those of us that voted {and will vote for again} him into office are!
Honored Social Butterfly

No Oderscout i dont, but i do believe The Duke would be a staunch supporter AND be as proud of our Presidents loyalty to his people and his country as those of us that voted {and will vote for again} him into office are!

I am not sure how "the Duke" would feel. His political statements were always a bit superficial.  However, I am pretty sure Abraham Lincoln would be appalled at Trump's lack of planning and abdication of responsibility.  Remember, NONE of Lincoln's supporters were waving the Confederate flag. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Most of us have seen most of the pictures in which John Wayne was the star, I don't remember any of them portraying a man of without  integrity and honesty, and a man of honor. 
To even think that anyone can compare Trump with John Wayne  is actually a heresy.

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

sunluver1943 wrote:

myexper replied:

Hard to imagine that "The Duke" would be be "proud" of Trump who constantly betrays his own country by continually believing  a single Russian KGB agent (Putin) over 17 of his own country's Intelligence Agencies ..... and disparaged America at the Helsinki Talks to appease America's enemy Russia!!!

So sunlover1943 .... Have you ever seen "The Duke' appease his enemies  OR  praise his enemies OR side with his enemies OR elevate his enemies above his own country as Trump has done???!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Sunlover1943 -wrote  -- i do believe The Duke would be a staunch supporter AND be as proud of our Presidents loyalty to his people and his country as those of us that voted {and will vote for again} him into office are! 
The "DUKE" was all about law-and-order UNLIKE T RUMP.  
T RUMP is loyal as they are to him   to the KKK,  the NRA,  the   White supremacist, the deplorables of our society,  some wealthy who don't support the country & store $$ offshore...don't want to pay their share of taxes.   That is always around  (sadly)  40% of the country.  

‘Idiot,’ ‘Dope,’ ‘Moron’: How Trump’s aides describe him.

HIS DECISION TO DOWNPLAY THE
SEVERITY OF THE VIRUS COST LIVES and is genocide.   

People knocked off   healthcare by GOVTS  will hurt the GOP...  

USA 3,500,000
Australia 0
Belgium 0
Canada 0
Chile 0
Denmark 0
Finland 0
France 0
Germany 0
Greece 0
Hungary 0
Italy 0
Japan 0
Norway 0
S Korea 0
Spain 0
Sweden 0
Turkey 0
UK 0
#WorldHealthDay

Honored Social Butterfly

If Democrats are able to keep control of the House, regain control of the Senate and the Executive Office ..... AMERICA WILL TRULY BE GREAT AGAIN!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

There are opportunities! How will we deal with them. Do voters really realize how much damage that trump is doing to our Country...or do they care?

We have to, have to! Keep the House and gain the Senate, that is the priority. 
The presidency is a bonus, if we gain it, great. I’m all for it, but we need to neutralize trump. Taking the Senate is a key element, along with keeping the House. With the House and the Senate, trump will be hemmed in and neutralized. It’s that simple. But, I’m certainly supporting Joe, that would be a good result. 

Social Butterfly

I am simply amazed, williamb, by your thinking and that of some of your/our fellow americans. It is, in my opinion, sheer insanity.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

sunluver1943   I am simply amazed, williamb, by your thinking and that of some of your/our fellow americans. It is, in my opinion, sheer insanity.

Agreed. The idea that the POTUS could be this incompetent and yet so many people continue to support him is amazing. Or, is that not what you meant?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png