Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

Republicans aim to expunge Trump impeachment if they retake House

Republicans aim to expunge Trump impeachment if they retake House

 

Republicans hope to expunge the House's impeachment of President Trump if they retake the House in 2020.

 

As the Senate impeachment trial of Trump reaches its end on Wednesday with a likely acquittal, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy said the GOP lawmakers in the lower chamber will try to wipe Trump's record clean.

 

“This is the fastest, weakest, most political impeachment in history. I don’t think it should stay on the books," McCarthy told the New York Post on Wednesday. If Republicans retake the House, McCarthy said investigating the Democrats' handling of impeachment would be among their top priorities in the next session on Congress.

 

“We have to get to the bottom of it,” the California Republican said, adding that he wants to explore lead impeachment manager Rep. Adam Schiff's potential ties to the whistleblower, whose complaint prompted the House's impeachment investigation.

 

The House voted in favor of two articles impeachment against Trump late last year, with no Republicans voting in support of the charges of obstruction of Congress and abuse of power.

 

Alan Dershowitz, a member of the president's legal defense team, arguedduring the Senate trial that the articles of impeachment do not fall under the Constitution's criteria of high crimes and misdemeanors. The Harvard Law School professor emeritus claimed the House's abuse of power and obstruction of Congress articles are so broad that they would have led to the impeachment of many presidents, including George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.

 

Sarah Binder, a senior fellow in governance studies at the Brookings Institution and professor of political science at George Washington University, agrees such a motion would simply be "cosmetic."

"If a future Republican House were to vote to expunge the House-passed impeachment resolution, it would be a purely symbolic, even cosmetic move," Binder told the Washington Examiner. "This current House agreed to H.Res. 755. And while a future House could adopt a resolution that says it is striking the adoption from the Record, that doesn't undo the fact that the current House agreed to those two articles of impeachment."

 

However, there is what Binder refers to as "rough precedent," going all the way back to a motion to censure President Andrew Jackson in 1834. After Democrats gained control of the Senate in 1837, they directed the secretary of Senate to expunge a censure put on Jackson in 1834.

"We still count Andrew Jackson as the only censured president," Binder said.

 

This outlook echoes what House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said during an interview with HBO host Bill Maher in January. "And you're impeached forever! No matter what the Senate does, it can never be erased," the California Democrat then told Maher.

 

On Dec. 18, 2019, the House made Trump the third president to have been impeached, along with Presidents Bill Clinton in 1998 and Andrew Johnson in 1868. The Republican-controlled Senate is expected to acquit the president of all charges on Wednesday.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

This entire sham was predicated on a fraudulently obtained FISA warrant to spy on then candidate Trump and kept going under President Trump.  This partisan impeachment should be expunged.

 

 

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
491 Views
17
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Don't ya love it when someone from Trump World says you're wrong? I do! They have no understanding of facts and the truth. They simply refuse to ackowledge the facts as stated so clearly in the IG Report. Why? Because they reside in an alternate bubble reality which is dominated by propaganda, Joseph Goebbels style.

 

For everyone else, let me repeat what I said earlier. The FBI made inexcusable mistakes with the FISA warrants reference the Steele Dossier and the surveillance of Carter Page. Everyone acknowelges that was true. 

 

But the FBI FISA warrants mistakes had nothing to do with why the FBI Investigation (Crossfire Hurricane) was started and the subsequent inclusion of Donald Trump in that investigation, several months AFTER he became president. 

 

IG Report Conclusions (Except for Trump Cult Members, here are the FACTS)

"The decision to open the Crossfire Hurricane investigation was made by the FBI's then Counterintelligence Division (CD) Assistant Director (AD), E.W. "Bill" Priestap, and reflected a consensus reached after multiple days of discussions and meetings among senior FBI officials. We concluded that AD Priestap's exercise of discretion in opening the investigation was in compliance with Department and FBI policies, and we did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced his decision. While the information in the FBI's possession at the time was limited, in light of the low threshold established by Department and FBI predication policy, we found that Crossfire Hurricane was opened for an authorized investigative purpose and with sufficient factual predication." 

 

"We did not find any documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the FBI's decision to conduct these operations. Additionally, we found no evidence that the FBI attempted to place any CHSs within the Trump campaign, recruit members of the Trump campaign as CHSs, or task CHSs to report on the Trump campaign."

Honored Social Butterfly

Relax folks... maybe we only have 98 left!!

 

 

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
408 Views
1
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

jimc91  wrote  Relax folks... maybe we only have 98 left!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Will our VETS survive the ignorant- THIEF-IN-CHEAT  .....i.e.  . T RUMP STOLE $ from a charity that was to support VETS and was fined 2 million $ by a NY court.

T RUMP who  trashed a gold-star family and when asked a reporter explained  what a "gold star " family was. 


T RUMP recently made a big announcement cause he was involved with the incident that caused brain injuries to around 50 of our troops and COMFORTED the families and injured   by reporting to the media that  THEY ONLY HAVE A HEADACHE.

Trump Called His Generals a ‘Bunch of Dopes and Babies’ in ...
www.thedailybeast.com/trump-called-his-generals-a-bunch-of-dopes-and-babies-in...
Trump Called His Generals a ‘Bunch of Dopes and Babies’ in a Fit of Rage,


 ----I"M 100% certain T RUMP will have MORE now that he can really do whatever he wants. and he can do a lot of damage in 98....more now he has eliminated democracy and installed a monarchy.  



Honored Social Butterfly

Facts do not exist in Trump World. It's all about twisting and bending the truth until it becomes propaganda. If they dealt with facts, Trump would not be president.

 

FBI Director Wray said about the IG Report, "THE INSPECTOR GENERAL'S REPORT SPEAKS FOR ITSELF. Thank you FBI Director


Here's the CONCLUSION of the IG Report which Directror Wray defended. 

 

"The decision to open the Crossfire Hurricane investigation was made by the FBI's then Counterintelligence Division (CD) Assistant Director (AD), E.W. "Bill" Priestap, and reflected a consensus reached after multiple days of discussions and meetings among senior FBI officials. We concluded that AD Priestap's exercise of discretion in opening the investigation was in compliance with Department and FBI policies, and we did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced his decision. While the information in the FBI's possession at the time was limited, in light of the low threshold established by Department and FBI predication policy, we found that Crossfire Hurricane was opened for an authorized investigative purpose and with sufficient factual predication." 

 

"We did not find any documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the FBI's decision to conduct these operations. Additionally, we found no evidence that the FBI attempted to place any CHSs within the Trump campaign, recruit members of the Trump campaign as CHSs, or task CHSs to report on the Trump campaign."

Honored Social Butterfly


@CriticalThinking wrote:

Facts do not exist in Trump World. It's all about twisting and bending the truth until it becomes propaganda. If they dealt with facts, Trump would not be president.

 

 


Does that mean you are going to make your WRONG comments 99 more times???  FBI Director Wray proved you wrong this past week.

 

THE REPORT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT SO DOES THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE AND FISA COURT. THEY ACKNOWLEDGED THIS WAS ILLEGAL SURVEILLANCE WITH RESPECT TO THESE FISA APPLICATIONS BECAUSE THERE WAS NOT PROBABLE CAUSE, RIGHT? >> RIGHT. >>

 

ILLEGAL SURVEILLANCE AND CHANGING EVIDENCE TO CONDUCT ILLEGAL SURVEILLANCE IS THE DEFINITION OF FRAUD ON THE COURT, IS IT NOT? >>

 

WELL, I CERTAINLY THINK IT DESCRIBES CONDUCT AS UNACCEPTABLE. >>

 

IT TOOK PLACE HERE. >>

 

WE HAVE ACCEPTED AND I HAVE BEEN CLEAR ABOUT THIS. WE HAVE ACCEPTED EVERY FINDING AND INSPECTOR GENERAL'S REPORT. >>

 

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
428 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

jimc91:  This entire sham was predicated on a fraudulently obtained FISA warrant to spy on then candidate Trump and kept going under President Trump.  This partisan impeachment should be expunged.

 

 

 

1. It will be about as easily done as expunging deadly volcanic erruptions, but please do keep trying.

 

2. Trying to tie a 3-4 year old FISA warrant to Trump's Ukraine boondoggle is just asinine, but again, please keep trying. This stuff is bananapants and all it achieves is making the rest of the country more determined than ever to get the kooks out of office.

Honored Social Butterfly

What Jim is doing is trying to conflate FBI FISA mistakes with the purpose of the investigation. The FBI was investigating members of the Trump campaign (not Trump) before he was elected. That was the Crossifre Hurricane investigation  And yes, the FBI did some inexcusable things wrong, but that doesn't negate the valid purpose of the investigation.

 

For the umpteenth time, the following statement is FALSE. It takes some elements of the truth and Jim uses it to draw FALSE Conclusions. That's how propaganda works, ask Joseph Goebbels.

 

"The FBI is in the unfortunate position of having to admit that one of there own tampered with evidence that resulted in an unlawful FISA warrant to Spy on Carter Page that was the open door needed to spy on Candidate Trump and ultimately President Trump."

 

Every intelligent person in America suspected Russia was interfering in the election and we learned that was definitely true. It was confirmed by the Mueller Report and every U.S. Intellgence Agency.

 

After Trump was elected, several months into his presidency, Crossfie Hurricane transitioned into whether Trump was obstructing justice. As the IG Report confirmed, the FBI was perfectly justifiied in conducting this investigation. The FBI would have been negligent if they weren't protecting America from foreign interference. The Steele Dossier and surveillance of Carter Page were side issues.

 

You should understand that Trump Lovers don't care if Trump was working with Russia and hurting America. They don't care that Russia interfered with the 2016 election. None of that matters to them.

 

They only care about one thing, preserving power for their Supreme Leader in the White House.

 

 

Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking Stay tuned, LOL!!!

 

You have already been proven wrong by FBI Director Christopher Wray while he was under oath last week.  You are about a full month behind reality.

 

You can make your incorrect comments 100 more times if you like, but you are wrong and Christopher Wray just proved it, but you refuse to acknowledge it.  Is that rock really heavy?

 

 

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
472 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

History nor an Impeachment can be "expunged", no matter how hard the Republicans and tRump supporters try. Denial, Distraction, and Discrediting won't do it and that's all of the tools they have.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

Here's an example of typical Trump World propaganda: It never ends.

"This entire sham was predicated on a fraudulently obtained FISA warrant to spy on then candidate Trump and kept going under President Trump."

 

The above statement is FALSE. The FBI did not follow the proper protocols on 2 FISA warrant applications, but that was NOT the basis for the investigation. There were inexcusable technical problems with those 2 warrant applications, but the investigation wasn't predicated on those warrants. This is yet another Trump World LIE.

 

Next, the FBI did NOT spy on the Trump campaign. See the IG's report. 

 

Why do Trump Lovers continue uploading LIES?

Honored Social Butterfly


@CriticalThinking wrote:

Here's an example of typical Trump World propaganda: It never ends.

"This entire sham was predicated on a fraudulently obtained FISA warrant to spy on then candidate Trump and kept going under President Trump."

 

The above statement is FALSE. The FBI did not follow the proper protocols on 2 FISA warrant applications, but that was NOT the basis for the investigation. There were inexcusable technical problems with those 2 warrant applications, but the investigation wasn't predicated on those warrants. This is yet another Trump World LIE.

 

Next, the FBI did NOT spy on the Trump campaign. See the IG's report. 

 

Why do Trump Lovers continue uploading LIES?


I thought you were big on facts?

 

Here is what happened this past week in the hearing with Director Wray:

 

This from CSPAN video during the House hearing with FBI Director Wray last week.

 

Transcript of Rep Ratcliff questioning to Director Wray:

 

I WANT TO GIVE YOU AN OPPORTUNITY TO HOPEFULLY ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS ONCE AND FOR ALL SO THAT THE REST OF YOUR TESTIMONY CAN BE PROPERLY DIRECTED. IT SEEMS LIKE SOME OF MY DEMOCRATIC COLLEAGUES, BECAUSE THIS FISA PROCESS WAS INITIATED DURING THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION, THAT THEY WANT TO FOCUS ON THE FACT THAT THERE WAS NO ABUSE OF THE FISA PROCESS OR THAT THAT ABUSE WAS NOT POLITICALLY STARTING WITH CHAIRMAN NADLER,

 

MY FIRST QUESTION TO YOU WAS TRYING PRIOR TO ESTABLISH, THE INSPECTOR GENERAL FOUND NO MOTIVE. THE INSPECTOR GENERAL'S REPORT SPEAKS FOR ITSELF.

 

ON DECEMBER 11th BEFORE THE SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE SAID THIS. "ON THE FISA SIDE WE FOUND A LACK OF DOCUMENTARY OR TESTIMONIAL EVIDENCE ABOUT INTENTIONALITY. WE NOTICED THE LACK OF SATISFACTION AND IT OPENS THE POSSIBILITY FOR THE REASONS YOU INDICATED UNCLEAR OF WHAT IT IS. GROSS IN NEGLIGENCE AND INTENTIONALITY AND EVERYWHERE IN BETWEEN." JUST BECAUSE NO FBI AGENT TELLS THE GENERAL THAT I AM BIASSED AGAINST PRESIDENT TRUMP, DOES NOT MEAN THERE IS OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE OF BIAS IN THE RECORD.

 

TO USE JUST ONE EXAMPLE, AN FBI LAWYER INVOLVED INTIMATELY IN THIS FISA PROCESS AGAINST THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN ASSOCIATE, CARTER PAGE SENT A NUMBER OF TEXTS AROUND THE ELECTION OF PRESIDENT TRUMP. HERE ARE A FEW OF THEM.

 

THE CRAZIES FINALLY WON.

 

THIS IS A TEA PARTY ON STEROID. ANOTHER ONE. PENCE IS STUPID.

 

I CAN'T IMAGINE THE SYSTEMATIC ASSEMBLY OF THE PROCESS, THE PROGRESS WE MADE OVER THE LAST EIGHT YEARS.

 

FINALLY, I AM GOING TO ASK WHEN WHETHER HE INTENDED TO KEEP WORKING DURING THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION, HE SAID "VIVA "VIVA "VIVA "VIVA LA RESISTANCE."

 

DO YOU SEE POLITICAL BIAS AGAINST PRESIDENT TRUMP IN THOSE TEXT MESSAGES? >>

 

WELL, I WOULD SAY CONGRESSMAN AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE THAT I CONSIDER THE REPORT TO HAVE DESCRIBED CONDUCT THAT I CONSIDER UNACCEPTABLE AND UNREPRESENTATIVE OF WHO WE ARE AS AN INSTITUTION. I AM NOT GOING TO COMMENT ON SPECIFIC PEOPLE CONDUCT FOR A VARIETY OF REASONS. I WILL SAY POLITICAL BIAS HAS NO PLACE IN TODAY'S FBI. >>

 

THAT SAME FBI AGENT WAS THE ONE THAT THE INSPECTOR GENERAL FOUND IN THE REPORT WAS THE ONE TAMPERED WITH EVIDENCE. THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED, RIGHT DIRECTOR? >>

 

I WOULD REFER YOU TO THE REPORT. >>

 

THE REPORT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT SO DOES THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE AND FISA COURT. THEY ACKNOWLEDGED THIS WAS ILLEGAL SURVEILLANCE WITH RESPECT TO THESE FISA APPLICATIONS BECAUSE THERE WAS NOT PROBABLE CAUSE, RIGHT? >> RIGHT. >>

 

ILLEGAL SURVEILLANCE AND CHANGING EVIDENCE TO CONDUCT ILLEGAL SURVEILLANCE IS THE DEFINITION OF FRAUD ON THE COURT, IS IT NOT? >>

 

WELL, I CERTAINLY THINK IT DESCRIBES CONDUCT AS UNACCEPTABLE. >>

 

IT TOOK PLACE HERE. >>

 

WE HAVE ACCEPTED AND I HAVE BEEN CLEAR ABOUT THIS. WE HAVE ACCEPTED EVERY FINDING AND INSPECTOR GENERAL'S REPORT. >>

 

I APPRECIATE. I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO DO AND THE DIFFICULT POSITION YOU ARE IN.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

The FBI is in the unfortunate position of having to admit that one of there own tampered with evidence that resulted in an unlawful FISA warrant to Spy on Carter Page that was the open door needed to spy on Candidate Trump and ultimately President Trump.  

 

That is unacceptable behavior and has tarnished the reputations of the FBI.  

 

IMHO the only way to restore the reputation of the FBI is for the key bad actors to be held accountable like every other American would be held accountable for committing this type of crime.

 

View the video for yourself, it starts just past the one minute mark in this video clip from CSPAN

 

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4852561/user-clip-ratcliffe-wray 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

@CriticalThinking , You are wrong but don't take my word for it, watch the video and read the transcript.  

 

The FBI Director had not choice but to acknowledge what actually took place.  The only question left is what happens next?

 

 

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
516 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Impeachment isn't a sham, never was, never will be.  But the fraudulent POTUS wants folks to believe that crap.  It's shameful some want to push that FALSE narrative here daily.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
504 Views
4
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

This from CSPAN video during the House hearing with FBI Director Wray last week.

 

Transcript of Rep Ratcliff questioning to Director Wray:

 

I WANT TO GIVE YOU AN OPPORTUNITY TO HOPEFULLY ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS ONCE AND FOR ALL SO THAT THE REST OF YOUR TESTIMONY CAN BE PROPERLY DIRECTED. IT SEEMS LIKE SOME OF MY DEMOCRATIC COLLEAGUES, BECAUSE THIS FISA PROCESS WAS INITIATED DURING THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION, THAT THEY WANT TO FOCUS ON THE FACT THAT THERE WAS NO ABUSE OF THE FISA PROCESS OR THAT THAT ABUSE WAS NOT POLITICALLY STARTING WITH CHAIRMAN NADLER,

 

MY FIRST QUESTION TO YOU WAS TRYING PRIOR TO ESTABLISH, THE INSPECTOR GENERAL FOUND NO MOTIVE. THE INSPECTOR GENERAL'S REPORT SPEAKS FOR ITSELF.

 

ON DECEMBER 11th BEFORE THE SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE SAID THIS. "ON THE FISA SIDE WE FOUND A LACK OF DOCUMENTARY OR TESTIMONIAL EVIDENCE ABOUT INTENTIONALITY. WE NOTICED THE LACK OF SATISFACTION AND IT OPENS THE POSSIBILITY FOR THE REASONS YOU INDICATED UNCLEAR OF WHAT IT IS. GROSS IN NEGLIGENCE AND INTENTIONALITY AND EVERYWHERE IN BETWEEN." JUST BECAUSE NO FBI AGENT TELLS THE GENERAL THAT I AM BIASSED AGAINST PRESIDENT TRUMP, DOES NOT MEAN THERE IS OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE OF BIAS IN THE RECORD.

 

TO USE JUST ONE EXAMPLE, AN FBI LAWYER INVOLVED INTIMATELY IN THIS FISA PROCESS AGAINST THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN ASSOCIATE, CARTER PAGE SENT A NUMBER OF TEXTS AROUND THE ELECTION OF PRESIDENT TRUMP. HERE ARE A FEW OF THEM.

 

THE CRAZIES FINALLY WON.

 

THIS IS A TEA PARTY ON STEROID. ANOTHER ONE. PENCE IS STUPID.

 

I CAN'T IMAGINE THE SYSTEMATIC ASSEMBLY OF THE PROCESS, THE PROGRESS WE MADE OVER THE LAST EIGHT YEARS.

 

FINALLY, I AM GOING TO ASK WHEN WHETHER HE INTENDED TO KEEP WORKING DURING THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION, HE SAID "VIVA "VIVA "VIVA "VIVA LA RESISTANCE."

 

DO YOU SEE POLITICAL BIAS AGAINST PRESIDENT TRUMP IN THOSE TEXT MESSAGES? >>

 

WELL, I WOULD SAY CONGRESSMAN AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE THAT I CONSIDER THE REPORT TO HAVE DESCRIBED CONDUCT THAT I CONSIDER UNACCEPTABLE AND UNREPRESENTATIVE OF WHO WE ARE AS AN INSTITUTION. I AM NOT GOING TO COMMENT ON SPECIFIC PEOPLE CONDUCT FOR A VARIETY OF REASONS. I WILL SAY POLITICAL BIAS HAS NO PLACE IN TODAY'S FBI. >>

 

THAT SAME FBI AGENT WAS THE ONE THAT THE INSPECTOR GENERAL FOUND IN THE REPORT WAS THE ONE TAMPERED WITH EVIDENCE. THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED, RIGHT DIRECTOR? >>

 

I WOULD REFER YOU TO THE REPORT. >>

 

THE REPORT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT SO DOES THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE AND FISA COURT. THEY ACKNOWLEDGED THIS WAS ILLEGAL SURVEILLANCE WITH RESPECT TO THESE FISA APPLICATIONS BECAUSE THERE WAS NOT PROBABLE CAUSE, RIGHT? >> RIGHT. >>

 

ILLEGAL SURVEILLANCE AND CHANGING EVIDENCE TO CONDUCT ILLEGAL SURVEILLANCE IS THE DEFINITION OF FRAUD ON THE COURT, IS IT NOT? >>

 

WELL, I CERTAINLY THINK IT DESCRIBES CONDUCT AS UNACCEPTABLE. >>

 

IT TOOK PLACE HERE. >>

 

WE HAVE ACCEPTED AND I HAVE BEEN CLEAR ABOUT THIS. WE HAVE ACCEPTED EVERY FINDING AND INSPECTOR GENERAL'S REPORT. >>

 

I APPRECIATE. I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO DO AND THE DIFFICULT POSITION YOU ARE IN.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

The FBI is in the unfortunate position of having to admit that one of there own tampered with evidence that resulted in an unlawful FISA warrant to Spy on Carter Page that was the open door needed to spy on Candidate Trump and ultimately President Trump.  

 

That is unacceptable behavior and has tarnished the reputations of the FBI.  

 

IMHO the only way to restore the reputation of the FBI is for the key bad actors to be held accountable like every other American would be held accountable for committing this type of crime.

 

View the video for yourself, it starts just past the one minute mark in this video clip from CSPAN

 

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4852561/user-clip-ratcliffe-wray 

 

 

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
497 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

This from CSPAN video during the House hearing with FBI Director Wray last week.

 

Transcript of Rep Ratcliff questioning to Director Wray:

 

I WANT TO GIVE YOU AN OPPORTUNITY TO HOPEFULLY ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS ONCE AND FOR ALL SO THAT THE REST OF YOUR TESTIMONY CAN BE PROPERLY DIRECTED. IT SEEMS LIKE SOME OF MY DEMOCRATIC COLLEAGUES, BECAUSE THIS FISA PROCESS WAS INITIATED DURING THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION, THAT THEY WANT TO FOCUS ON THE FACT THAT THERE WAS NO ABUSE OF THE FISA PROCESS OR THAT THAT ABUSE WAS NOT POLITICALLY STARTING WITH CHAIRMAN NADLER,

 

MY FIRST QUESTION TO YOU WAS TRYING PRIOR TO ESTABLISH, THE INSPECTOR GENERAL FOUND NO MOTIVE. THE INSPECTOR GENERAL'S REPORT SPEAKS FOR ITSELF.

 

ON DECEMBER 11th BEFORE THE SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE SAID THIS. "ON THE FISA SIDE WE FOUND A LACK OF DOCUMENTARY OR TESTIMONIAL EVIDENCE ABOUT INTENTIONALITY. WE NOTICED THE LACK OF SATISFACTION AND IT OPENS THE POSSIBILITY FOR THE REASONS YOU INDICATED UNCLEAR OF WHAT IT IS. GROSS IN NEGLIGENCE AND INTENTIONALITY AND EVERYWHERE IN BETWEEN." JUST BECAUSE NO FBI AGENT TELLS THE GENERAL THAT I AM BIASSED AGAINST PRESIDENT TRUMP, DOES NOT MEAN THERE IS OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE OF BIAS IN THE RECORD.

 

TO USE JUST ONE EXAMPLE, AN FBI LAWYER INVOLVED INTIMATELY IN THIS FISA PROCESS AGAINST THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN ASSOCIATE, CARTER PAGE SENT A NUMBER OF TEXTS AROUND THE ELECTION OF PRESIDENT TRUMP. HERE ARE A FEW OF THEM.

 

THE CRAZIES FINALLY WON.

 

THIS IS A TEA PARTY ON STEROID. ANOTHER ONE. PENCE IS STUPID.

 

I CAN'T IMAGINE THE SYSTEMATIC ASSEMBLY OF THE PROCESS, THE PROGRESS WE MADE OVER THE LAST EIGHT YEARS.

 

FINALLY, I AM GOING TO ASK WHEN WHETHER HE INTENDED TO KEEP WORKING DURING THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION, HE SAID "VIVA "VIVA "VIVA "VIVA LA RESISTANCE."

 

DO YOU SEE POLITICAL BIAS AGAINST PRESIDENT TRUMP IN THOSE TEXT MESSAGES? >>

 

WELL, I WOULD SAY CONGRESSMAN AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE THAT I CONSIDER THE REPORT TO HAVE DESCRIBED CONDUCT THAT I CONSIDER UNACCEPTABLE AND UNREPRESENTATIVE OF WHO WE ARE AS AN INSTITUTION. I AM NOT GOING TO COMMENT ON SPECIFIC PEOPLE CONDUCT FOR A VARIETY OF REASONS. I WILL SAY POLITICAL BIAS HAS NO PLACE IN TODAY'S FBI. >>

 

THAT SAME FBI AGENT WAS THE ONE THAT THE INSPECTOR GENERAL FOUND IN THE REPORT WAS THE ONE TAMPERED WITH EVIDENCE. THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED, RIGHT DIRECTOR? >>

 

I WOULD REFER YOU TO THE REPORT. >>

 

THE REPORT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT SO DOES THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE AND FISA COURT. THEY ACKNOWLEDGED THIS WAS ILLEGAL SURVEILLANCE WITH RESPECT TO THESE FISA APPLICATIONS BECAUSE THERE WAS NOT PROBABLE CAUSE, RIGHT? >> RIGHT. >>

 

ILLEGAL SURVEILLANCE AND CHANGING EVIDENCE TO CONDUCT ILLEGAL SURVEILLANCE IS THE DEFINITION OF FRAUD ON THE COURT, IS IT NOT? >>

 

WELL, I CERTAINLY THINK IT DESCRIBES CONDUCT AS UNACCEPTABLE. >>

 

IT TOOK PLACE HERE. >>

 

WE HAVE ACCEPTED AND I HAVE BEEN CLEAR ABOUT THIS. WE HAVE ACCEPTED EVERY FINDING AND INSPECTOR GENERAL'S REPORT. >>

 

I APPRECIATE. I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO DO AND THE DIFFICULT POSITION YOU ARE IN.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

The FBI is in the unfortunate position of having to admit that one of there own tampered with evidence that resulted in an unlawful FISA warrant to Spy on Carter Page that was the open door needed to spy on Candidate Trump and ultimately President Trump.  

 

That is unacceptable behavior and has tarnished the reputations of the FBI.  

 

IMHO the only way to restore the reputation of the FBI is for the key bad actors to be held accountable like every other American would be held accountable for committing this type of crime.

 

View the video for yourself, it starts just past the one minute mark in this video clip from CSPAN

 

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4852561/user-clip-ratcliffe-wray 

 

 

 

 

 


Still at it. Here are the facts again. There was one person who was not charged in the probe. Carter Page. Carter Page was the person who supposedly had all these bad things done to him per you. Well all these bad things proved to all that he should not be charged. That means what the FBI did to Carter was really to help him as he was not charged. Going out of the way to prove someone is not guilty is what the fBI and the agent did, and that is great.  Remember the movie 3 Billboards a few years ago.  Well it ran on TV last night and I watched part of it. It was a good film.

Honored Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

This from CSPAN video....

 

Of course, none of which has anything to do with the topic.  The usual....


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly


@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Impeachment isn't a sham, but the fraudulent POTUS wants folks to believe that.  It's shameful some want to push that FALSE narrative here daily.


tRump, Fox, and other extreme right propaganda organizations put out the false narratives and tRump supporters repeat them.

 

Impeachments cannot be expunged. Trump and the Republicans would like to expunge a big part of history. They continually attempt to.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

Republicans aim to expunge Trump impeachment if they retake House

 This partisan impeachment should be expunged.

 

LOL!!!  Too funny...it will NEVER happen....

 

rump was guilty of both counts, that is why he was impeached.  The FISA court issue had NOTHING to do with rump's willful disregard for decency towards Ukraine and corruption.  Maybe the Repugs should investigate the corruption in the GOP administration.  Ya think?


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png