Honored Social Butterfly

Republicans Turning Against Willie Nelson

Willie Nelson.png

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Honored Social Butterfly

At 85, I'm guessing that Willie doesn't care.      Austin will be booming !

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Nelson’s fans were taken aback by the news that he’s supporting a candidate whose politics they don’t agree with.

“If that’s true im done after 45 years with the Red Headed Stranger, by [sic] Willy,” one user commented.

“Willie I have always loved you and I played your music on the local country station when I was in high school. I've always thought you were a patriot but you have jumped the shark my friend,” another user commented.

“Beto O'toole aka commrade O'Rourke is a step too far. Let me know when you come back from your bad acid trip. That is all.”

“I adored you - and always have - but no more. This is more than sad - I am devastated. Did you forget you are in Texas? Dear God I will pray for you to open your eyes. IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO CANCEL THAT GIG,” another fan wrote.

“I have adored you for over 40 years, you entering politics has now ended that adoration. What a horribly disappointing decision you are making. Beto will kill this state and all the laws of our land. DONE,” wrote another.

So far, Nelson has not commented on the backlash.

It’s worth noting that some of his fans took to the comments to support the singer’s decision to headline the rally, noting that true fans were aware of his political leanings all along. However, a more vocal majority seemed surprised.

Willie Nelson's song titled “Delete and Fast-Forward,” reflects his view of the 2016 election and the next four years.

Lyrics:

"Delete and fast-forward, my friend
The elections are over and nobody wins
But don't worry too much,
you'll go crazy again
Delete and fast forward, my friend."

The song is part of his new album “God’s problem child," which was just announced by Nelson.

During the election, Nelson supported Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton.

Regular Social Butterfly

@mickstuder
You go Willie, it doesn't matter how old you are when you know right from wrong.

He may not be out and about a lot with his age, but that does not mean his career is over because of this, he may be slowing down with age, but he's still a smart, talented man.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Honored Social Butterfly

R's turning against Willie? Too funny! He's got a long history with the D's. Ted just found out?

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Honored Social Butterfly

@MaVolta wrote:

R's turning against Willie? Too funny! He's got a long history with the D's. Ted just found out?

That is an astounding lack of awareness.

Willie is now 85 years old, worth 25 million, most all of the world loves him, he is a happy, well adjusted human being,  But, to the one who fell in the well and set up housekeeping, Willie's career is about over.  As long as there is Christmas, my family will continue our sing alongs with him while we celebrate the good life.  This year, copies of his book will be wrapped up and tucked under my tree waiting for the kids to open.

Cover art 

Conversationalist

Willie did what his conscience told him to do. As Mr. Miyagi said it always comes down to respect. The-Karate-Kid-Pat-Morita-Ralph-Macchio-Mr-Miyagi-daniel-larusso_be8e6c19-1020-4e2a-8e93-161fdcbc1e09[1].jpg

Bronze Conversationalist

You do realize The Karate Kid was a movie made by a bunch of leftist looneies that have NO RESPICT, right. Maybe Spartacus and Al can help you out...................lol

Trusted Social Butterfly

@quidduo wrote:

You do realize The Karate Kid was a movie made by a bunch of leftist looneies that have NO RESPICT, right. Maybe Spartacus and Al can help you out...................lol

HUH?  

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@quidduo wrote:

So stuff like right winger registered republican and NRA board member Ted Nugent's song "Jailbait" - a song that's about raping a 13 year old and offering to share her with the officer to avoid being arrested and handcuffed - is more right wing/republican/conservative/ trump supporter" style stuff...

Well - there are all kinds in this world....

44>dolt45
Bronze Conversationalist

There goes Willie the Outlaw. lol Do you think he will have Spartacus there too? That would be AWESOME! Willie just destroyed what career he had left, which was very little anyway. Waylon is rolling in his grave......

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Waylon is rolling in his grave...... L O L

Waylon Jennings, Jessi Colter, and Rosalynn Carter at a reception preceding a concert to benefit the Carter-Mondale campaign in 1980

Jennings Jessi Rosalynn

https://allthatsinteresting.com/outlaw-country#9

Honored Social Butterfly

True Idiots never realized will has ALWAYS been a lefty. Listen to his songs, look who he has collaborated with. The Outlaws? they were outlaws BECAUSE they were lefties singing country music.
So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly

Love to see an opinion by Nugent - a pervert who is known to have committed at least one sex crime against a minor child.

He was only saved from conviction and imprisonment by the statute of limitations...

Yep - an NRA Board member and highly respected and admired by republican perverts all across the nation...

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

The turnout in Austin will be huge.   I was distributing information to a person in my precinct who was excited to learn about Beto coming to San Antonio next week and heard about Beto and Willie on a mostly "republican'  radio station that she listens to - for the organic farming information.

Dems are laughing at the whines.   The GOP can bring in Nugent.   or the neo-nazi gang.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png