Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families was developed by AARP to help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to obtain a free copy.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Republican planning for cuts to Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security?

Message 11 of 43

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@easyed598 wrote:

No cuts coming  -Social Securtiy is tied to COLA . Medicaid will be less because of the low unemployment. Medicare will stay the same because " Medicare for all" will die on the vine

A COLA formula being attached to Social Security cannot prevent cuts being made.

Many working people are on Medicaid.

And ......... Medicare can be cut if a national health care plan is not passed.

I say cuts will not be made to SS and Medicare. If you have proof otherwise, please show proof.

I say that Republicans want to make cuts in Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. I base my opinion on the attempts that the Republicans have made in the past and the statements that McConnell has recently made. The Blue Wave in the election (the largest seen since the Nixon days) may prevent them from getting traction in making cuts, thank goodness.

So "your opinion" is the proof that Republicans want to make cuts in Medicare & SS? That's exactly what I thought - YOUR OPINION!

I think you should read a little slower and closer - - - I said it was my "opinion". You didn't have to "think", I told it was my opinion. And that's all you have is an opinion. At least mine is based on McConnell's words and the words of many Republicans in Washington.  What do you have to base yours on?

You need to think for yourself and not follow the left wing lemmings. Medicare and SS is not changing unless you have proof of the change. Common sense says so, but that is something lacking with the left.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 43

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

McConnell has stated its only possible to cut Social Security and Medicare with bipartisan support, so when the GOPers push a DEFICIT REDUCTION bill thru the Senate that the President is willing to sign, he thinks he'll be able to get enough Dems to go along to get the reductions made WITHOUT ENDANGERING ANY TAX CUTS FOR THE UBERRICH OR CORPORATIONS.

Anyone in the 99% who casts another vote for any Republican anywhere for anything is a fool or a masochist - probably both.

The 99% are benefiting by Trump in many ways: income tax cuts, more jobs available, lower gas prices, probably got a raise when the corporate tax cuts took place, probably also got a bonus from the good economy, and still the left complains about the "crumbs" they received.

You may think those that are benefiting are fools, but that's the difference between a smart fool and a dumb fool.

Hate to break the news to you but all the things except Tax Increase are from Obama. I bet you missed the classes on how an ecomoney works.

Time to wake up. Obama gave us more taxes and misery. The "ecomoney" doesn't work but the economy does when the right person is leading the way (hint - it wasn't Obama)!

Well the experts have told us the Trump enablers are mostly rural, low income, uneducated, easy to lead. white. I would say it is time for the enablers to wake up, and prove the experts wrong.

How does your biased and offensive view of Trump supporters effect the reality of those programs??

Not my view. The experts who study this came up with what makes this group up. Based on what I have seen of the group I agree with the experts.

Who is your "expert" - Jim Acosta? You need to find better experts and learn to think for yourself!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 43

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Who are your experts? The clowns on CNN?

Well lets start with where the clowns are. They are the far right Trump enablers. Now in the WH we have a President (Dictator) who lies all the time, and that carries over to FOX and the commentators they have. There have been studies done by all sorts of experts in population demographics, and they all have come to the same results. Even the ones done by zip codes. By the way you do know every business you go to uses at least the zip code ones. One of the first thing discovered years ago when that first started was the the poor far right white  who hated the blacks were really no different than them. That surprised just about everyone who uses the zip study for marketing. Have no fear the enablers will not prove the experts wrong as they gave the experts the information on them. See the film 6 billboards.

6 Billboards is a great movie but totally unrelated to this discussion. And your "experts"?

See you agree with the experts if you liked the film 6 billboards. It showed life and thought of the far right Trump supporters. Are you going to see it a 2nd time?

The usual misinterpretation (intentional?). The movie had nothing to do with a "clown", enablers, Fox, zips, marketing, a Dictator.

Now, who are your experts.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 43

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

McConnell has stated its only possible to cut Social Security and Medicare with bipartisan support, so when the GOPers push a DEFICIT REDUCTION bill thru the Senate that the President is willing to sign, he thinks he'll be able to get enough Dems to go along to get the reductions made WITHOUT ENDANGERING ANY TAX CUTS FOR THE UBERRICH OR CORPORATIONS.

Anyone in the 99% who casts another vote for any Republican anywhere for anything is a fool or a masochist - probably both.

The 99% are benefiting by Trump in many ways: income tax cuts, more jobs available, lower gas prices, probably got a raise when the corporate tax cuts took place, probably also got a bonus from the good economy, and still the left complains about the "crumbs" they received.

You may think those that are benefiting are fools, but that's the difference between a smart fool and a dumb fool.

Hate to break the news to you but all the things except Tax Increase are from Obama. I bet you missed the classes on how an ecomoney works.

Time to wake up. Obama gave us more taxes and misery. The "ecomoney" doesn't work but the economy does when the right person is leading the way (hint - it wasn't Obama)!

Well the experts have told us the Trump enablers are mostly rural, low income, uneducated, easy to lead. white. I would say it is time for the enablers to wake up, and prove the experts wrong.

Well lets start with where the clowns are. They are the far right Trump enablers. Now in the WH we have a President (Dictator) who lies all the time, and that carries over to FOX and the commentators they have. There have been studies done by all sorts of experts in population demographics, and they all have come to the same results. Even the ones done by zip codes. By the way you do know every business you go to uses at least the zip code ones. One of the first thing discovered years ago when that first started was the the poor far right white  who hated the blacks were really no different than them. That surprised just about everyone who uses the zip study for marketing. Have no fear the enablers will not prove the experts wrong as they gave the experts the information on them. See the film 6 billboards.

6 Billboards is a great movie but totally unrelated to this discussion. And your "experts"?

See you agree with the experts if you liked the film 6 billboards. It showed life and thought of the far right Trump supporters. Are you going to see it a 2nd time?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 43

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 43

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@easyed598 wrote:

No cuts coming  -Social Securtiy is tied to COLA . Medicaid will be less because of the low unemployment. Medicare will stay the same because " Medicare for all" will die on the vine

A COLA formula being attached to Social Security cannot prevent cuts being made.

Many working people are on Medicaid.

And ......... Medicare can be cut if a national health care plan is not passed.

I say cuts will not be made to SS and Medicare. If you have proof otherwise, please show proof.

I say that Republicans want to make cuts in Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. I base my opinion on the attempts that the Republicans have made in the past and the statements that McConnell has recently made. The Blue Wave in the election (the largest seen since the Nixon days) may prevent them from getting traction in making cuts, thank goodness.

So "your opinion" is the proof that Republicans want to make cuts in Medicare & SS? That's exactly what I thought - YOUR OPINION!

I think you should read a little slower and closer - - - I said it was my "opinion". You didn't have to "think", I told it was my opinion. And that's all you have is an opinion. At least mine is based on McConnell's words and the words of many Republicans in Washington.  What do you have to base yours on?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 43

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

How does your biased and offensive view of Trump supporters effect the reality of those programs??

Not my view. The experts who study this came up with what makes this group up. Based on what I have seen of the group I agree with the experts.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 43

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 43

@gruffstuff wrote:

So, tax cuts giving a few dollars to middle income Americans and big $$ to wealthy and corporations are essentially being used as a reason to cut benefits that many American count on or soon will.

That has been the Republican plan since 1981

No, the long term insolvency of those programs was known long before the Trump tax cuts boosted the economy, put money in the pockets of Americans and created jobs for many who had none.

Certainly the problem did not begin in 1981 since nothing happened that year that effected the programs.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 43

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Kudos
Views