From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Republican planning for cuts to Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security?

Message 21 of 43

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@easyed598 wrote:

No cuts coming  -Social Securtiy is tied to COLA . Medicaid will be less because of the low unemployment. Medicare will stay the same because " Medicare for all" will die on the vine

A COLA formula being attached to Social Security cannot prevent cuts being made.

Many working people are on Medicaid.

And ......... Medicare can be cut if a national health care plan is not passed.

I say cuts will not be made to SS and Medicare. If you have proof otherwise, please show proof.

I say that Republicans want to make cuts in Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. I base my opinion on the attempts that the Republicans have made in the past and the statements that McConnell has recently made. The Blue Wave in the election (the largest seen since the Nixon days) may prevent them from getting traction in making cuts, thank goodness.

So "your opinion" is the proof that Republicans want to make cuts in Medicare & SS? That's exactly what I thought - YOUR OPINION!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 43

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

McConnell has stated its only possible to cut Social Security and Medicare with bipartisan support, so when the GOPers push a DEFICIT REDUCTION bill thru the Senate that the President is willing to sign, he thinks he'll be able to get enough Dems to go along to get the reductions made WITHOUT ENDANGERING ANY TAX CUTS FOR THE UBERRICH OR CORPORATIONS.

Anyone in the 99% who casts another vote for any Republican anywhere for anything is a fool or a masochist - probably both.

The 99% are benefiting by Trump in many ways: income tax cuts, more jobs available, lower gas prices, probably got a raise when the corporate tax cuts took place, probably also got a bonus from the good economy, and still the left complains about the "crumbs" they received.

You may think those that are benefiting are fools, but that's the difference between a smart fool and a dumb fool.

Hate to break the news to you but all the things except Tax Increase are from Obama. I bet you missed the classes on how an ecomoney works.

Time to wake up. Obama gave us more taxes and misery. The "ecomoney" doesn't work but the economy does when the right person is leading the way (hint - it wasn't Obama)!

Well the experts have told us the Trump enablers are mostly rural, low income, uneducated, easy to lead. white. I would say it is time for the enablers to wake up, and prove the experts wrong.

Who are your experts? The clowns on CNN?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 43

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@easyed598 wrote:

No cuts coming  -Social Securtiy is tied to COLA . Medicaid will be less because of the low unemployment. Medicare will stay the same because " Medicare for all" will die on the vine

A COLA formula being attached to Social Security cannot prevent cuts being made.

Many working people are on Medicaid.

And ......... Medicare can be cut if a national health care plan is not passed.

I say cuts will not be made to SS and Medicare. If you have proof otherwise, please show proof.

I say that Republicans want to make cuts in Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. I base my opinion on the attempts that the Republicans have made in the past and the statements that McConnell has recently made. The Blue Wave in the election (the largest seen since the Nixon days) may prevent them from getting traction in making cuts, thank goodness.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 43

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

McConnell has stated its only possible to cut Social Security and Medicare with bipartisan support, so when the GOPers push a DEFICIT REDUCTION bill thru the Senate that the President is willing to sign, he thinks he'll be able to get enough Dems to go along to get the reductions made WITHOUT ENDANGERING ANY TAX CUTS FOR THE UBERRICH OR CORPORATIONS.

Anyone in the 99% who casts another vote for any Republican anywhere for anything is a fool or a masochist - probably both.

The 99% are benefiting by Trump in many ways: income tax cuts, more jobs available, lower gas prices, probably got a raise when the corporate tax cuts took place, probably also got a bonus from the good economy, and still the left complains about the "crumbs" they received.

You may think those that are benefiting are fools, but that's the difference between a smart fool and a dumb fool.

Hate to break the news to you but all the things except Tax Increase are from Obama. I bet you missed the classes on how an ecomoney works.

Time to wake up. Obama gave us more taxes and misery. The "ecomoney" doesn't work but the economy does when the right person is leading the way (hint - it wasn't Obama)!

Well the experts have told us the Trump enablers are mostly rural, low income, uneducated, easy to lead. white. I would say it is time for the enablers to wake up, and prove the experts wrong.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 43

Wars and tax cuts and bailouts since 1981, nothing done to address the effects of automation on Social Security and Medicare workforce base causing depletion of the Trust Fund, 21 trillion in debt with huge deficits not caused by Social Security and Medicare,  and now Republicans need bipartisan support to cut Social Security and Medicare to address the debt.

Starving the Beast has been the stated objective of the Republican Party and this is how they do that.

No question addressing shortfalls with tax increases is acceptable to Republicans, taxes can't go up for the 1%, the only Republican solution is for Social Security , Medicare, and Medicaid, along the rest of the social spending is for that spending to go down.

If Democrats are dumb enough to go along with this Republicans will blame Democrats for what Republicans did.

Even if Democrats don't go along with it Republicans will blame Democrats for " doing nothing", where as it has been Republicans who have done nothing to address the issues facing Social Security and Medicare since 1981

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 43

@gruffstuff wrote:

So, tax cuts giving a few dollars to middle income Americans and big $$ to wealthy and corporations are essentially being used as a reason to cut benefits that many American count on or soon will.

That has been the Republican plan since 1981

Please tell me what benefits Trump cut (with link). I wasn't aware of any - just the tax cuts you and I got.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 43

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 43

So, tax cuts giving a few dollars to middle income Americans and big $$ to wealthy and corporations are essentially being used as a reason to cut benefits that many American count on or soon will.

That has been the Republican plan since 1981

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 43

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 43

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors