Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Republican House Whip Steve Scalise, congressional staffer shot

Message 11 of 95

@pc6063 wrote:

NM--Thank you for this post.  I find it extremely sad that those on the right are screaming about the hatred of the left, and the left is coming back with responses about the hate directed at Obama.  This was a horrible incident, carried out by an unstable individual, who was carrying a semi-automatic weapon. 

Did no one notice that the our Democratic representatives bowed their heads in prayer?  That Paul Ryan noted that at times like this it doesn't matter whether one is a Republican or a Democrat?  That Pelosi agreed with him? That there were heroes on that field today, ranging from Republican reps., Scalise's security detail, and the police department?

I have seen a few posts that allude to gun control.  Well, how many people have to be killed or maimed before something is done?  Should this clearly unstable man have had the right to carry a gun? How many lives have to be ruined? How many nightmares will the children who were there with there dads have to suffer? How about so many others like them?

This is not the time for partisan rhetoric.  Congressman Scalise is in critical condition and could easily die. Throwing blame back and forth is ridiculous.  Maybe instead, this discussion should revisit gun control and mental health facilities.  (CNN reports that the shooter had been released from his job due to his increasingly strange behavior, a red flag with regard to mental health issues).

I believe we should all just pray for this man and the others who were wounded and their families, as well as the family of the shooter.  And maybe, while we are at it, we should say a prayer for ourselves, so that we can more clearly see through the divide that separates us at times like this. 

For those who don't pray, it may just be a time to reflect.

I keep reflecting on the number of times this has happened in the U.S. I am sorry the Congressman was the subject of the attack but I also mourn for the children, parents, and other victims of our liberal gun laws. This is time to reflect on how we can make us as safe as the other developed nations of the world. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 95

NM--Thank you for this post.  I find it extremely sad that those on the right are screaming about the hatred of the left, and the left is coming back with responses about the hate directed at Obama.  This was a horrible incident, carried out by an unstable individual, who was carrying a semi-automatic weapon. 

Did no one notice that the our Democratic representatives bowed their heads in prayer?  That Paul Ryan noted that at times like this it doesn't matter whether one is a Republican or a Democrat?  That Pelosi agreed with him? That there were heroes on that field today, ranging from Republican reps., Scalise's security detail, and the police department?

I have seen a few posts that allude to gun control.  Well, how many people have to be killed or maimed before something is done?  Should this clearly unstable man have had the right to carry a gun? How many lives have to be ruined? How many nightmares will the children who were there with there dads have to suffer? How about so many others like them?

This is not the time for partisan rhetoric.  Congressman Scalise is in critical condition and could easily die. Throwing blame back and forth is ridiculous.  Maybe instead, this discussion should revisit gun control and mental health facilities.  (CNN reports that the shooter had been released from his job due to his increasingly strange behavior, a red flag with regard to mental health issues).

I believe we should all just pray for this man and the others who were wounded and their families, as well as the family of the shooter.  And maybe, while we are at it, we should say a prayer for ourselves, so that we can more clearly see through the divide that separates us at times like this. 

For those who don't pray, it may just be a time to reflect.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 95

@easyed598 wrote:

Crep wrote -And what did the idiot who shot Gabby Gifford suffer from?  These shooters can come from any political affilitiation, religion and kill for any of their deranged reasons.  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Agree and for the record-

In the immediate aftermath of the shooting, liberals sought to paint 
Loughner as an anti-government, tea party conservative. Conservatives 
retorted that Loughner lacked anything close to a coherent political 
philosophy -- a case strengthened by subsequent glimpses into his personal 
life that suggests someone struggling with mental illness.

Loughner's decision to affiliate as an independent rather than a 
Republican or Democrat would seem to affirm the sense that while he 
targeted Giffords in the attack, it was not a decision born of a set of 
deeply held political beliefs that fit neatly into either party.

When a person gets to the state of mind they will kill and be killed in the act,  any sense of affiliation is gone.  There is no reasoning making both men the same, killers.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 95

easyed598

EZ and Kid and Jim, did you know the gunman hated Hillary as well?  He voted for the Green Party candidate.  Sure takes the argument that it's the Democrats fault and gives it a dose of reality.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 95

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Come on guys, can we all simply respect the moment and simply wish full speedy recovery to the Rep. and keep the pettiness for another thread? No answers are needed  if they are going to be in this manner.

How did it come to be that I am the first to give kudos to this post? 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 95

Crep wrote -And what did the idiot who shot Gabby Gifford suffer from?  These shooters can come from any political affilitiation, religion and kill for any of their deranged reasons.  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Agree and for the record-

In the immediate aftermath of the shooting, liberals sought to paint 
Loughner as an anti-government, tea party conservative. Conservatives 
retorted that Loughner lacked anything close to a coherent political 
philosophy -- a case strengthened by subsequent glimpses into his personal 
life that suggests someone struggling with mental illness.

Loughner's decision to affiliate as an independent rather than a 
Republican or Democrat would seem to affirm the sense that while he 
targeted Giffords in the attack, it was not a decision born of a set of 
deeply held political beliefs that fit neatly into either party.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 95

@easyed598 wrote:

centrists wrote-We'll, you also elected a man who has spoken hate about Muslims, Mexicans and women.---------------------------really !?  I just haven`t  notice  this. Of course not, you live and die but what you hear on Fox.  If you  are talking about  stopping illegal aliens No, I'm talking about referring to Mexicans as "murderers and rapists"....and unchecked  muslims coming into this country there are no "unchecked Muslims coming into our country from any of the country's cited in your boy's travel band.  NONE!!!  See how uninformed Fox viewers are?  that isn`t hate that is just good sense. See?  You're condoning hate.  Women -Trump women do very well in Trump industries and many are leaders in several of his businesses. As long as they're attractive and do as he commands.  You should do some research on the topic and you'll find he's demanded hsi resturaunt managers to hire more attractive women and put what he thinks are less attractive women in positions with less exposure.....he's cheated on every wife he's had and has paid his former wives YUGE amounts of money to keep their mouths shut.....he's sexually abused women he didn't already know because he was "priviledged".  These are all things you have defended, and still do.  That's pathetic IMO.  Although you said Obama  was treated the same way by the few examples you cited I never heard the phrase Obama Derangement Syndrome like we did with Trump and Bush. So?  The word matters.  Krauthammer, who claims he coined the term, is a Conservative.  Why would you expect him to use the term about his own?  Get real!  Do you know how many assassination attempts/threats were made on Obama and his family?  Obama warned us that elections has consequences and when he  was elected   ,we Republicans more or less said well this is what the majority wanted  and accepted it. LMAO!  Certainly you jest....

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 95

@jimc91 wrote:

Hodgkinson was a frequent writer to his local paper, the Belleville News-Democrat, where he railed against income inequality, linking it to the tax policies of the GOP, the newspaper reported.

"I have never said 'life sucks,' only the policies of the Republicans,' he wrote in one letter.

In another, Hodgkinson said his favorite TV program was "The Rachel Maddow Show" on MSNBC.

Hodgkinson’s Facebook postings portray him as stridently anti-Republican and anti-Trump.

"I Hate Republicans & everything they stand for," he wrote in December 2015. On June 3, he shared a caricature of the president as "Maximus Imbecilus." He was a member of several political Facebook groups, including one called "Terminate the Republican Party."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/james-t-hodgkinson-illinois-man-identified-suspected-gunman-virg...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HATE is a powerful motivator.  This man clearly suffered from Trump Derangement Syndrome.

And what did the idiot who shot Gabby Gifford suffer from?  These shooters can come from any political affilitiation, religion and kill for any of their deranged reasons.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 95

centrists wrote-We'll, you also elected a man who has spoken hate about Muslims, Mexicans and women.---------------------------really !?  I just haven`t  notice  this. If you  are talking about  stopping illegal aliens and unchecked  muslims coming into this country that isn`t hate that is just good sense. Women -Trump women do very well in Trump industries and many are leaders in several of his businesses.      Although you said Obama  was treated the same way by the few examples you cited I never heard the phrase Obama Derangement Syndrome like we did with Trump and Bush. Obama warned us that elections has consequences and when he  was elected   ,we Republicans more or less said well this is what the majority wanted  and accepted it. Too bad the Dems can`t do the same.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 95

@KidBoy2 wrote:

jim posted..

HATE is a powerful motivator. This man clearly suffered from Trump Derangement Syndrome.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is lot of that going on..read the posts.  I have, and I see much hate in the words of Conservatives here.
The man said his favorite TV program was "The Rachel Maddow Show" on MSNBC. Rachel is a carrier of Trump Derangement Syndrome and spreads it.  Well, if facts create the disease, somebody better create a vaccination because more and more are going to find out what a conman he is and has been.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Are you hungry for Rachel?
Trump Derangement Syndrome (sic) alive and unwell   

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users