Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Republican House Whip Steve Scalise, congressional staffer shot

Message 1 of 95

TRUMP ASSASSINATION 'JOKES' PUT AMERICA ON THE BRINK

By:  Paul Bremmer

This week brought a chilling reminder of the devastating effects of leftist rage in America. A group of Republican congressmen practicing for the annual Congressional Baseball Game found themselves dodging a hail of bullets from a would-be assassin’s gun Wednesday.

The shooter, identified as 66-year-old James T. Hodgkinson, was a Bernie Sanders supporter who held fervent left-wing political views, if his Facebook profile is any indication.

Hodgkinson’s Facebook “likes” included the Southern Poverty Law Center, Right Wing Watch, Media Matters, Occupy DC, MoveOn.org, Rachel Maddow, Michael Moore, Americans Against the Republican Party, and many more anti-Republican and left-wing pages.

The shooting comes amid a disturbing trend of “jokes” from public figures about murdering President Trump.

The most recent example came from the Public Theater’s production of Shakespeare’s “Julius Caesar” in New York’s Central Park. The play portrayed a modern-day Caesar who resembled Donald Trump: a dictator with blonde hair, a business suit, a gold bathtub and a Slavic wife. The Trump-like Caesar got knifed to death onstage, drawing a standing ovation from the audience.

David Kupelian, WND’s vice president and managing editor, was horrified to hear of the play.

“When the assassination of a sitting president is graphically celebrated in New York’s Central Park, and gets a standing ovation from onlookers, and at least some of its sponsors enthusiastically endorse it, what we’re looking at is a shockingly depraved loss of conscience and decency on the part of the ‘hate Trump’ crowd,” Kupelian said. “It is reminiscent of the French Revolution and the giddy blood-lust of the enraged populace who watched the beheadings of their former leaders as though it were great entertainment.”

The Trump-like Caesar’s assassination came not long after comedian Kathy Griffin posed for a photograph holding the bloodied severed head in the likeness of Trump. The photo shoot came after Adam Pally, star of the Fox network show “Making History,” told TMZ that if he could go back in time, “I’d have to kill Trump or Hitler.”

The comment came shortly after Snoop Dogg released a music video depicting himself pointing a toy gun at a clown dressed as Trump and pulling the trigger. It came after fellow rapper Big Sean rapped about killing the president: “And I might just kill ISIS with the same icepick / That I murder Donald Trump in the same night with.”

Madonna, speaking to the Jan. 21 Women’s March in Washington, D.C., declared: “Yes, I’m angry. Yes, I am outraged. Yes, I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House.”

In fact, in the 12 days following Trump’s inauguration, more than 12,000 tweets popped up either joking about or calling for Trump’s assassination.

Shortly after Trump was elected in November, Matt Harrigan, CEO of the cybersecurity company PacketSled, posted on Facebook, “I’m going to kill the president. Elect.”

He added that he was “getting a sniper rifle and perching myself where it counts. Find a bedroom in the whitehouse that suits you motherf—er. I’ll find you.”

Harrigan resigned a few days later.

Also on election night, British journalist Monisha Rajesh tweeted, “It’s about time for a presidential assassination.”

http://www.wnd.com/2017/06/trump-assassination-jokes-put-america-on-the-brink/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yes, WORDS matter...

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 95

Its about time Congress woke up to the World they force the rest of us to live in. Several elected GOPers have called for more personal protection of congress, but why should they be exempt from the wonders of unregulated gun ownership?

I'd say we should eliminate ALL protection for members of Congress that is not provided to ordinary citizens.

Then we can see how long before they realize allowing ordinary citizens to own military grade weaponry in the 21st Century has nothing to do with "maintaining a regulated militia" in the 18th Century.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 95

@Panjandrum wrote:

NOTHAPPENING:   I hope you also noted that a crazy liberal committed this act of carnage and not the NRA.

Duly noted. It's shocking, but once in a while liberals go berserk just like the RWNJs.

Just to be safe though, we should call for an immediate ban on white males buying guns until we find out what the *H* is going on here.

All liberal purchasers should be banned from owning firearms.  That would save a lot of carnage and and the thugs would have to be more innovative when committing murder.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 95

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I am sorry the Congressman was the subject of the attack but I also mourn for the children, parents, and other victims of our liberal gun laws.

I hope you also noted that a crazy liberal committed this act of carnage and not the NRA.

Is he crazy because he shot someone?  He has no known (or not yet revealed) history of Mental Illness.  As has been said numerous times, most gunmen become "crazy" the day they decide to pull the trigger, they were the normal neighbor next door just the day before.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 95

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I am sorry the Congressman was the subject of the attack but I also mourn for the children, parents, and other victims of our liberal gun laws.

I hope you also noted that a crazy liberal committed this act of carnage and not the NRA.

Here's Rand Paul's words about the right to bear arms:

Senator Rand PaulVerified account @RandPaul 23 Jun 2016

.@Judgenap: Why do we have a Second Amendment? It's not to shoot deer. It's to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical!

We all can go back and forth politically about this. I would rather that an agreement is reached that certain individuals should not be allowed to own firearms, regardless of their political affiliation. The man had a past that should have taken away his right to bear arms.

"The only thing that man learns from history is that man learns nothing from history."
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 95

NOTHAPPENING:   I hope you also noted that a crazy liberal committed this act of carnage and not the NRA.

Duly noted. It's shocking, but once in a while liberals go berserk just like the RWNJs.

Just to be safe though, we should call for an immediate ban on white males buying guns until we find out what the *H* is going on here.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 95

NH--Does it matter? Did you really read the post to which Richva responded? Did you read Nerdymom's post? This is an incident where a mentally ill man was allowed to not only have a gun, but a semi-automatic? There were others who commented on the gun issue, as are some reps in Washington.  This is NOT a partisan issue.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 95

@Richva wrote:

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 95

pc6063:  Congressman Scalise is in critical condition and could easily die.

Just heard an update & he is in critical condition. The bullet entered his left hip and caused internal injuries with bleeding. He went into immediate surgery to stop the bleeding, recieved blood, and will need more surgery. I'm sending best wishes his way and hoping for a full recovery. Just awful.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 95

Rich--I couldn't agree with you more.  A thousand kudos to you, my friend.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors