With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Republican Congress Fails to do something about Immigration Again

Message 1 of 20

@creppelrm wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@angeleyes64 wrote:
Cheap labor, and I bet The Donald has some and pays real cheap.

No doubt cheap labor is a factor and has been for a long long time. It is a bi-partisan error from my perspective.

Yes I agree,  but could it be an error by necessity?

I don't think so. While I am not a big fan of government paperwork, sometimes it is necessary. This is such a case. We had a successful Bracero program for over 20 years. Certainly serious updating would be needed but it could be the model for what we need today.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 20

@rk9152 wrote:

@angeleyes64 wrote:

No doubt cheap labor is a factor and has been for a long long time. It is a bi-partisan error from my perspective.

Yes I agree,  but could it be an error by necessity?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 20

@MIseker wrote:
why was it ok for reagan to give amnesty?

it wasn't

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 20

@angeleyes64 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 20

@creppelrm wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/7/2/17509726/congress-fail-immigration-again

And as Republican Congress argues,  Trump blames Democrats

True, the Establishment Republicans are acting like the Establishment Republicans. But at the same time with the exception of looking for amnesty the Dems are certainly not looking to work on the needed reforms in our immigration laws.

It the ultra-right who recently reared their ugly head causing the problems not the establishment Republicans and they are the ones who are dooming the Republican Party.  There is no compromise with radicalism.

What has any of that to do with both Party establishments not working seriously towards immigration reform.

Actually the ultra-right has disrupted the Republican Party to the point it has ceased to function.  The only functional part of government in the U.S. these days is comrade Trump and Putin.  That is until Diversity takes care of that which won't be long.  

Actually - what has "ultra-right", "comrade Trump and Putin" and "Diversity" to do with both Party establishments not working seriously towards immigration reform?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 20
why was it ok for reagan to give amnesty?
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 20
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 20

@rk9152 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/7/2/17509726/congress-fail-immigration-again

True, the Establishment Republicans are acting like the Establishment Republicans. But at the same time with the exception of looking for amnesty the Dems are certainly not looking to work on the needed reforms in our immigration laws.

It the ultra-right who recently reared their ugly head causing the problems not the establishment Republicans and they are the ones who are dooming the Republican Party.  There is no compromise with radicalism.

What has any of that to do with both Party establishments not working seriously towards immigration reform.

Actually the ultra-right has disrupted the Republican Party to the point it has ceased to function.  The only functional part of government in the U.S. these days is comrade Trump and Putin.  That is until Diversity takes care of that which won't be long.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 20

@creppelrm wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@creppelrm wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 20

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@alotofgrey wrote:

Why should the Congress do anything?

It is a federal crime to employ a foreigner without a work permit.

We have 14 million illegal immigrants because Sessians does not enforce that law.

He knows that enforcing it will end (poof, gone) our illegal immigrant problem, all 14 million. No work, those here leave. No work, none  come.That begs the question....

Why doesn't he enforce that law? Does he get a kickback from donors that benefit from that crime?

All that is true - the laws on employment are not and have not been enforced. That is a reality that seems to transcend Party.

RK   what a surprise. is any of   this because you finally spoke to your spiritual adviser?

Nothing new in that. It is obvious you don't read.

Kudos
Views