If you suspect you're a scam target, AARP's fraud helpline is here for you. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Releases Green New Deal Outline

Message 21 of 59

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I almost never watch Fox but I know what they're doing by visiting this forum.

That makes no sense since it is only the left that constantly brings Fox up.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 59

@Panjandrum wrote:

KidBoy2:  

That women is nuts....no airplanes .. junk your gas vehicles..give me a break!

Relax KidBoy and don't fall for Fox's hyperventillating misinformation, there won't be any bans on planes or cars.

So, she’s maybe not stupid, just a liar.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 59

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Whether it's a deadly cold snap or a hole under an Antarctic glacier or a terrifying new report, there seem to be constant reminders now of the dangers that climate change poses to humanity.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., and Sen. Ed Markey, D-Mass., think they have a start to a solution. Thursday they are introducing a framework defining what they call a "Green New Deal" — what they foresee as a massive policy package that would remake the U.S. economy and, they hope, eliminate all U.S. carbon emissions.

That's a really big — potentially impossibly big — undertaking.

"Even the solutions that we have considered big and bold are nowhere near the scale of the actual problem that climate change presents to us," Ocasio-Cortez told NPR's Steve Inskeep in an interview that aired Thursday on Morning Edition.

She added: "It could be part of a larger solution, but no one has actually scoped out what that larger solution would entail. And so that's really what we're trying to accomplish with the Green New Deal."

What is the Green New Deal?

In very broad strokes, the Green New Deal legislation laid out by Ocasio-Cortez and Markey sets goals for some drastic measures to cut carbon emissions across the economy, from electricity generation to transportation to agriculture. In the process, it aims to create jobs and boost the economy.

In that vein, the proposal stresses that it aims to meet its ambitious goals while paying special attention to groups like the poor, disabled and minority communities that might be disproportionately affected by massive economic transitions like those the Green New Deal calls for.

Importantly, it's a nonbinding resolution, meaning that even if it were to pass (more on the challenges to that below), it wouldn't itself create any new programs. Instead, it would potentially affirm the sense of the House that these things should be done in the coming years.

Lawmakers pass nonbinding resolutions for things as simple as congratulating Super Bowl winners, as well as to send political messages — for example, telling the president they disapprove of his trade policies, as the Senate did in summer 2018.

====================

That women is nuts....no airplanes .. junk your gas vehicles..give me a break! 

Given her thought process and logic, She’d find it difficult to fall out of a tree and hit the ground. We can only pray she’s the Democratic presidential candidate in the near future.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 59

8B8559D1-22FB-4F7F-9193-44AE779B9E05.jpeg

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Releases Green New Deal Outline

Message 25 of 59

I almost never watch Fox but I know what they're doing by visiting this forum. Their loyal followers come here every day and regurgitate what Fox shows endlessly. They would be lost if Fox didn't tell them what to talk about.

I watch CNN and MSNBC (real news programs) every day and I can't remember the last time her name was mentioned. But on Fox, she is next on the list of national villains, so they must talk about her every day.

Why isn't Fox talking about Republican Congrerssman and White Nationalist, Steven King from Iowa, every day as they do with AOC?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 59
rk posted..

Sorry - you can't hide her. She is out there and not just on Fox.

=========================================================

Me thinks that anyone with the ability to use critical thinking would know that AOC is making headlines over all the media.

Some on this board are suffering from FOX Derangement Syndrome.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 59

@CriticalThinking wrote:

PanJ, you are right on the money. Fox must repeat her comments endlessly and then our Fox viewers come here and regurgitate everything Fox tells them. I don't know a single person who cares about AOC or how she thinks. 

Sorry - you can't hide her. She is out there and not just on Fox.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 59

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Panjandrum posted..

Relax KidBoy and don't fall for Fox's hyperventillating misinformation, there won't be any bans on planes or cars.

========================================================

The link and many others are from NPR. MSNBC, etc. Please do not blame FOX for her stupid thinking.

10 years from now if she had her way we would not be able to use ANY fossil fuels. That would mean we would not have any airplanes! All vehicles would have to be electric...if you had a gas car it would not be of any use.

Get real!

Like I posted... That women is nuts....no airplanes .. junk your gas vehicles..give me a break!

OMG you sound like my dad when he freaked out over unleaded gas. I watched as he busted the catalytic converter off his pick up truck back in the 70s.

Things change. You survive. His last car was a Prius. 

Hard to tell if GOPers are terrified of change or just totally hypnotized by Fox and the rest of the Republican Propaganda machine.

Planes and semi's can operate on NG, electric cars are a reality, and the self-drive ones could go find a solar powered charging station while we enjoy dinner and a movie. There's "low-head" hydro power waiting to be tapped along all our rivers, school and Gov't building rooftops are just waiting to be covered with photoelectric panels and inner and inter-city trains can be built by all the folks who still need a job. Repeal the Reagan Taxscam that has redistributed income and wealth for the last 32 years and all that (and "free" college and Universal health care)  is paid for without taking a dime of "wealth" from the uberrich.

All we need to do is get rid of the Republicans who demand we kill our environment and destroy civilization so Big Carbon can wring the last dime of profit out of their vast store of fossil fuel still in the ground where it cannot do any damage.

When I drive over to Walmart to pick up some food, I may be making one of those corporations you hate a profit. But I am not going to stop eating out of concern for that.

As to government programs to help those "folks who need a job" - I guess you haven't heard, they got jobs.

And, of course - the Reagan tax cuts - that big buggaboo about letting people keep the money they earned.

And now you want ng yet complain about fracking.

It seems you just like to complain about your pet peeves - Fox, Reagan, GOPers, and of course the two Party system.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Releases Green New Deal Outline

Message 29 of 59

PanJ, you are right on the money. Fox must repeat her comments endlessly and then our Fox viewers come here and regurgitate everything Fox tells them. I don't know a single person who cares about AOC or how she thinks. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 59

@Panjandrum wrote:

n5661921: 

Panjandrum,

So right you are. Trump rolled us back to burning coal again correct.

It's hilarious watching the right getting totally bent out of shape over every move Alexandria Ocasio Cortez makes.

You seem to confuse amusement with bent.

Kudos
Views