AARP’s "Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families" can help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to receive a free copy.

Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Releases Green New Deal Outline

Message 1 of 59

To bad the Green New Deal is based on flawed science.  The 10 year - 12 year end of the world as we know it idea is incorrect.

The science that supports this supposed huge increase in the earths atmosphere is based on computer models that infer a continuous rise in tempurature.  Real data gathered by daily released weather balloons and satellites show a different model based on past history.

Over the last 30+ years the earths tempurature has risen less than 0.4 degrees.  The computer models infer that temps will run straight up over the next ten or so years.

I'll bet on historical data, not computer modeling.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 59

@rk9152 wrote:

Do you really think it is Republicans or the Reagan tax cuts that is preventing our going nuclear?

I kind of think Three mile island, Fukashima, and Chernobyl had more to do with America not going nuclear. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 59

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
MsStretch posted..

I daresay Ocasio-Cortez is a lot younger than most of us, so she and her generation have a lot more to lose. Kudos to her for reaching high and daring to achieve the 'impossible'.

Never say never. The day is coming for major changes in transportation, whether we live to see them or not.

=========================================================

Yes, its time to junk all our airplanes and all things that use fossil fuels. That will help our economy...right?

No wonder Republicans can't get anything done - they have no idea how to begin let alone perform and finish a job.

We can refit coal-fired power plants with Nuclear reactors for 1/4th the cost of a new plant.

We can install "low-head" electric turbines in all our major rivers.

We can cover the roofs of our schools and government buildings with solar panels.

We can convert our trucks and planes to use NG.

And we can pay for it by having the rich support the Nation they've been robbing for the last 32 years by repealing the Reagan taxscam. The bottom 90% is now earning LESS real income than they were in 1980 and it's about time the ones who redistributed 32 years of increased income into their own pockets to pony up their fair share of the cost of running the country that made them rich.

Do you really think it is Republicans or the Reagan tax cuts that is preventing our going nuclear?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 59
Olderscout66 posted this

===========================================

Like I posted today and I will repeat....yes we can but NG is a fossil fuel...a no-no in the green new deal.. I guess you did not read my post.

Natural gas is a fossil fuel used as a source of energy for heating, cooking, and electricity generation. It is also used as a fuel for vehicles and as a chemical feedstock in the manufacture of plastics and other commercially important organic chemicals. Fossil fuel-based natural gas is a non-renewable resource.

" Fossil fuel-based natural gas is a non-renewable resource"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 59

@KidBoy2 wrote:
MsStretch posted..

I daresay Ocasio-Cortez is a lot younger than most of us, so she and her generation have a lot more to lose. Kudos to her for reaching high and daring to achieve the 'impossible'.

Never say never. The day is coming for major changes in transportation, whether we live to see them or not.

=========================================================

Yes, its time to junk all our airplanes and all things that use fossil fuels. That will help our economy...right?

No wonder Republicans can't get anything done - they have no idea how to begin let alone perform and finish a job.

We can refit coal-fired power plants with Nuclear reactors for 1/4th the cost of a new plant.

We can install "low-head" electric turbines in all our major rivers.

We can cover the roofs of our schools and government buildings with solar panels.

And we can pay for it by having the rich support the Nation they've been robbing for the last 32 years by repealing the Reagan taxscam. The bottom 90% is now earning LESS real income than they were in 1980 and it's about time the ones who redistributed 32 years of increased income into their own pockets to pony up their fair share of the cost of running the country that made them rich.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 59

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

==================================================================

It does not set a date for ending the use of fossil fuels. But it is in spite of the uninformed on this board it is part of the Green New Deal.

The end of fossil fuels...just think of how that would devastate our countries economy.  

Face it AOC is out of her mind as are the people that think she is doing "the right thing" for our country. 

Right now, if you are a windmill technician in training, you start getting job offers in the first year of your training. How many coal miners have that?  Coal mining jobs have been dropping every year even with Trump trying to bring back coal fired microwave ovens but there is a huge demand for solar and wind technologies.  The idea that AOC is "out of her mind" is very similar to the comment made by the buggy industry when automobiles first appeared on the scene. Again, talking to Conservatives about technology and the economic benefits is like talking to the Beverly Hillbillies about indoor plumbing.  They just don't get it. 

Since I was not here when cars first hit the streets, I'll have to take your word for comments made at the time.
However, as to Conservatives and technology - we are realists, not dreamers. Certainly we look forward to the advances that technology will provide. On the other hand, the dreamers of the left seem to want to say, "That's a good idea. Let's make it happen by passing a law".

But of course if trump had called for the same things that AOC has trump supporters would be blubbering all over these pages in support of it.

Once again you are mind reading (poorly). Why not just deal with the thoughts as offered??

Oh, you mean all of those ridiculous accusatory, disingenuous, reality denying statements that trump supporters regularly spew?

Oh no, I mean that I consider Progressives to be idealists and Conservatives to be realists. 

Do you really consider that to be "ridiculous accusatory, disingenuous, reality denying statements" - or is it just too deep for you to deal with?

No actual intelligent "realist" could have possibly voted for trump. Kinda' blows that theory.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 59

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

PanJ, you are right on the money. Fox must repeat her comments endlessly and then our Fox viewers come here and regurgitate everything Fox tells them. I don't know a single person who cares about AOC or how she thinks. 

Sorry - you can't hide her. She is out there and not just on Fox.

Yep, and the Right seems to immensely dislike that, whining about everything she says.

No whining, just honest disagreement with a person who is honestly expressing views others hide from preferring instead to insult and post "Fox" - or Limbaugh - or Fascist - or Nazi - or Kluxer - or racist - or sexist - or alt-right - or homophobe, etc.

I used none of those terms and neither did the poster whose post you responded to.

You can try and distract from the Right's whining about AOC by posting terms another poster has used but it does not debunk the reality of the Right whining about everything she says and the Right's fixation with her. 

Well, Fox was there (as always) but if you prefer - No whining, just honest disagreement with a person who is honestly expressing views others hide from preferring instead to insult.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 59

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

It does not set a date for ending the use of fossil fuels. But it is in spite of the uninformed on this board it is part of the Green New Deal.

The end of fossil fuels...just think of how that would devastate our countries economy.  

Face it AOC is out of her mind as are the people that think she is doing "the right thing" for our country. 

Right now, if you are a windmill technician in training, you start getting job offers in the first year of your training. How many coal miners have that?  Coal mining jobs have been dropping every year even with Trump trying to bring back coal fired microwave ovens but there is a huge demand for solar and wind technologies.  The idea that AOC is "out of her mind" is very similar to the comment made by the buggy industry when automobiles first appeared on the scene. Again, talking to Conservatives about technology and the economic benefits is like talking to the Beverly Hillbillies about indoor plumbing.  They just don't get it. 

Since I was not here when cars first hit the streets, I'll have to take your word for comments made at the time.
However, as to Conservatives and technology - we are realists, not dreamers. Certainly we look forward to the advances that technology will provide. On the other hand, the dreamers of the left seem to want to say, "That's a good idea. Let's make it happen by passing a law".

But of course if trump had called for the same things that AOC has trump supporters would be blubbering all over these pages in support of it.

Once again you are mind reading (poorly). Why not just deal with the thoughts as offered??

Oh, you mean all of those ridiculous accusatory, disingenuous, reality denying statements that trump supporters regularly spew?

Oh no, I mean that I consider Progressives to be idealists and Conservatives to be realists. 

Do you really consider that to be "ridiculous accusatory, disingenuous, reality denying statements" - or is it just too deep for you to deal with?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 59

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

PanJ, you are right on the money. Fox must repeat her comments endlessly and then our Fox viewers come here and regurgitate everything Fox tells them. I don't know a single person who cares about AOC or how she thinks. 

Sorry - you can't hide her. She is out there and not just on Fox.

Yep, and the Right seems to immensely dislike that, whining about everything she says.

No whining, just honest disagreement with a person who is honestly expressing views others hide from preferring instead to insult and post "Fox" - or Limbaugh - or Fascist - or Nazi - or Kluxer - or racist - or sexist - or alt-right - or homophobe, etc.

I used none of those terms and neither did the poster whose post you responded to.

You can try and distract from the Right's whining about AOC by posting terms another poster has used but it does not debunk the reality of the Right whining about everything she says and the Right's fixation with her. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 59

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Kudos
Views