You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Remember, Congress was elected. Trump was not

Message 11 of 108

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Trump lost by, what?  Two and a half million citizens? Wow

Actually, he won with 304 vs 227 electoral college votes. Now there is a WOW!!

No........that is a sad day for democracy. Especially the one now watching him screw up the border and start a war with Iran. Imagine what he would be doing if he had a mandate?  Or even if he had simply won the election?

No........your numbers do not reflect what it takes to become President, mine do.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 108

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

Even the wildly independent State of Maine is backing away from Electoral College.    They are legislating that they votes will be assigned to highest national vote getter.   

Would it be constitutional or ethical for a state to override its citizens preference and vote to our national leaders?   I note that it is mostly liberal states who want to insure they win... isn't it a mark of undemocratic governments to subvert the will of the people?

Yes it would be Constitutional and ethical - - - - it is up to each individual state's elected officials to legislate rules governing how the electors vote.

And by the way ....... it was the "will of the people" for Hillary to win the presidency, the majority "of the people" voted for her.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 108

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

@ChasKytrump's lies are what appealed to the middle class.

That's right.  The Big Campaign of dt's neverending lies led by Putin's relentless lies.  All bought and paid for.  Well, there may be some underlying debt still.  Ya think?

trump campaigned to the middle class and betrayed them, everything he does benefits the wealthiest, himself,  and his family.  A lot of suckers fell for it.

I do believe, the neverending "get over it" is THE way to hide and not have to face the truth, about being a sucker.

Imagine you buy a used car, advertised and guaranteed to be the best used car ever...and it turns out, in short order, to be a total piece of junk.  You're stuck, you signed the contract.  Rather than taking legal recourse against the dealership, you just say, well I should never have bought a car at all.

THAT is the stupidity suckers use to rationalize their suckership.  After all, the dealer knows more about cars than they do.  He said so.     

Yep, no one likes to admit that they were 'suckered'.  Some have admitted they were wrong and don't support trump anymore. Some will never admit it or criticize any of his crazy antics. Cult-like.

Your entire thesis seems to  be based on the Russians getting the President elected - yet, no one has found a single vote changed by them. Time to find a new theory.

I said nothing about Russians, here is what I said:  

"trump's lies are what appealed to the middle class"

" trump campaigned to the middle class and betrayed them, everything he does benefits the wealthiest, himself,  and his family.  A lot of suckers fell for it."

Trump lied his hind end off in his campaign and yes, s lot of suckers fell for it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 108

@afisher wrote:

Even the wildly independent State of Maine is backing away from Electoral College.    They are legislating that they votes will be assigned to highest national vote getter.    :-)

Several states are doing just that and many are considering doing so and NO ...... they aren't all Blue States !

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 108

@cm9889168 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@cm9889168 wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:
legally elected perhaps, BUT with the help of an enemy, don't forget, you guys keep forgetting that fact.

<<shaking my head>>  The Alt-Left Liberals seem to be stuck on the same broken record, but I've yet to see ACTUAL VF proof (a link) that any of the Russia BS is true.  First you completely trust Mueller, then you don't...which is it?  Does it just depend on how your Social Media friends are trending?

And the same whine about Pres Trump not winning the election?  Are you dilligently working to change our Democratic voting system since you don't agree with it?  I didn't think so.  Pres Trump won and Hillary Rodham lost...move on and update your current knowledge on it please.

The luxury of being a Liberal is you can hear the unspoken--quote the unwritten--then base belief & commentary on events which never occurred

The luxury of not being a trump supporter is not having to swallow all of his lies - and not having to prove they are lies I guess.

...What a shame, I keep hoping either man (or woman) will 'learn from history'.

His lies have been proven by assorted and accepted fact checkers.

If man )or women) had learned from history they wouldn't swallow a president getting into the White House by the help of the Russians. They wouldn't swallow a president going after and trying to cut off the news media, denigrating them and calling them "the enemy of the people", Hitler did the same.  They wouldn't swallow a president alienating our allies, disbelieving all of our intelligence agencies, denigrating our court system, judges, mocking the handicapped, and saying "there are fine people on both sides , referring to the KKK and those protesting them in Charlottesville.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 108

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

No........that is a sad day for democracy. Especially the one now watching him screw up the border and start a war with Iran. Imagine what he would be doing if he had a mandate?  Or even if he had simply won the election?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 108

@Richva wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 108

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Oh my gosh! Trump supporters worship and idolize the first President in our lifetime who tramples over the constitution on a daily basis. This proves that Trump's Cult members reside in an alternate reality.

I support the efforts President Trump is making on behalf of our Nation and it's citizens. However, I neither worship nor idolize him. Why do those on the left always slip into hyperbole? I guess it is so they can type "Cult" and "alternate reality" over and over again.

What "trampling" occurred today (as in "daily basis) that has you upset?

Today I was pretty upset that Trump is trying to start a war with Iran. Or is that just his being a moron again?

None of the above.

He wasn't trying to do anything?  No participation trophy today?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 108

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Oh my gosh! Trump supporters worship and idolize the first President in our lifetime who tramples over the constitution on a daily basis. This proves that Trump's Cult members reside in an alternate reality.

I support the efforts President Trump is making on behalf of our Nation and it's citizens. However, I neither worship nor idolize him. Why do those on the left always slip into hyperbole? I guess it is so they can type "Cult" and "alternate reality" over and over again.

What "trampling" occurred today (as in "daily basis) that has you upset?

Today I was pretty upset that Trump is trying to start a war with Iran. Or is that just his being a moron again?

None of the above.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 108

Kudos