Boycotts, Movements and Marches: Relive Some of the Events That Led To Change During the Civil Rights Movement. Read More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Regardless of party affiliation, we are all losers in the GOP tax bill

Message 1 of 13

KidBoy2 wrote:
ChasKy posted..

Well thank God that AARP isn't one of the "ignorant" KidBoy, because they rightfully oppose this tax proposal.

======================================================

KidBoy2 wrote:
ROBERT REICH: HELLO TRUMP TAX CUTS, GOODBYE MEDICARE, MEDICAID, SOCIAL SECURITY.

And ChasKy called me ignorant!

Gee, I am glad that I have the ability to separate scare tactics from the truth.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/vbp45a/the-trump-tax-cut-isnt-trickling-down-to-workers?utm_campa...

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 13

99% of America is losing with today's Grand Old Plutocrats being manipulated by their Donor Billionaire's Greed.

This is not Democracy , nor what our forefathers envisioned.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 13

When you evaluate a tax plan to understand its effect on you, please consider these things:

How will my tax burden be affected?

How will my share of the national debt be affected?

What will all that mean to me?

You might also want to consider what effect it will have on others, but I leave that to a different post.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 4 of 13

I believe this to be true and when was the last time, we older Americans have any decent increase in Social Security benefits?  Trump promises this and promises that but of all the news I watch on about politics, never have I heard that he will increase our Social Security or even hardly mentioning anything about us, older folks who worked all our lives and still receive meager Social Security.  It's really a shame that of all the hard work we have done over our lifetime to help build America and the rewards are so minimal.  If you really look at it, the benefits we receive are far below the poverty line.  Yet, do we really qualify for anything?  With the whole news tax reconstruction, I wouldn't doubt that the Government will start taxing our Social Security?  It stands to reason, the rich will always have the money, the poor will struggle and some of the middle class will eventually end up poor.  Now, that's a very negative view point.  According to statistics, most middle class will just barely slide by and if their thought process differs and find a way to make it in their lives, maybe they have a chance to retire with enough to live on and not struggle.  At least, I hope the next generation will prepare for their senior years. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 13
ChasKy posted..

Well thank God that AARP isn't one of the "ignorant" KidBoy, because they rightfully oppose this tax proposal.

======================================================

KidBoy2 wrote:
ROBERT REICH: HELLO TRUMP TAX CUTS, GOODBYE MEDICARE, MEDICAID, SOCIAL SECURITY.

And ChasKy called me ignorant!

Gee, I am glad that I have the ability to separate scare tactics from the truth.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 13

KidBoy2 wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------------

I have heard that scare tactic for about 30 years...its just not so ...but the ignorant buy it as the truth.

Well thank God that AARP isn't one of the "ignorant" KidBoy, because they rightfully oppose this tax proposal.

Amazing that you think you know more about this tax proposal and how if effects seniors than AARP does.  The "ignorant" are the ones that listen to the Republican POLs that support this plan and "buy it as the truth".

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 13

AARP has come out formally against this tax bill, and rightfully so. They seem to see this tax proposal much more clearly than many posters here who support the plan.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 13

----------------------------------------------------------------

I have heard that scare tactic for about 30 years...its just not so ...but the ignorant buy it as the truth.

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 13

j400538m wrote:

Why? If you are counting on SS and/or Medicare (as I do), I would strongly recommend, even beg, this article by a top economist:

ROBERT REICH: HELLO TRUMP TAX CUTS, GOODBYE MEDICARE, MEDICAID, SOCIAL SECURITY. .

http://bit.ly/2h3bwtf

I am convinced that Professor Reich is correct.

So, I urge AARP leadership and members, regardless of party affiliation, to mobilize in force to defeat this Trojan Horse.

Please contact your representatives about this!

Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid recipients shouldn’t be victims of the Republicans’ tax cuts ...

Info Seeker +

Message 10 of 13

Thank you intersan for your great insight here and elsewhere.

One last point....

I really wish AARP would advocate on behalf of the most disadvantaged among us to defeat such a deceptive mammoth tax deficit bill that will inevitably force the demise of SS, Medicare, Medicaid and more...

Thanks again, keep up the great work.

JV