It’s Brain Health Awareness Month! Check out Staying Sharp and its new features designed to support brain health.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Reaching a compromise with Pelosi

Message 1 of 35

@CriticalThinking wrote:
CriticalThinking wrote:

GV7852 said we don't know Trump. Excuse me, is Trump hiding in the White House? Let's ask GV7852 if he/she's bothered by the following.

• Trump's senior campaign and administration members were filled with convicted or soon to be convicted felons. Any problem here?
  • Trump is a pathological liar
  • Trump insults people every day of the week
  • Trump admires and praises Vladimir every chance he gets
  • Trump said he's in love with North Korean Dictator Kim Jong Un
  • Trump does not respect our intelligence agencies
  • Trump does not respect the rule of law or the FBI
  • Trump believes the Justice Department is NOT independent, representing the United States, they should instead be working on his personal behalf
  • Trump is the first presidential candidate in 40 years who refused to voluntarily release his tax returns

Please tell us what we're missing about Trump.

CM89xxxx wrote, "When you don't include a link to your source it's just words or one's own opinion.  I just wish posters would say it's their opinion, or something they heard on social media or one of those well known so-called News channels."

That's OK CM89xxxx, there's no way you're going to believe any of the above about your hero and idol in the White House. Even after all the heads of our intelligence agencies said on Tuesday that many of Trump's foreign policy positons are false or inaccurate opinions, I'm sure you won't believe that either. By the way, they were all appointed by Trump.

There you go again...if you don't have a link just say so and we'll know it's your own opinion. 

And next you make assumptions with your next comment about our Intelligence agency (with no link as proof once again). I'm just repeating what I read on the boards about posting where you get your information from...but evidently you have no proof to post and that could be a problem for you. 

“Rhetoric is no substitute for reality.” 
― Thomas Sowell

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 35

finding compromise with The Speaker is easy-peasy.

All you have to do is become one of the adults in the room.

It's not her fault the GOPers have lil donny instead.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 35

Look  CT  I just  heard Trump  on TV and in my opinion the man is deranged.    I sincerely  hope that Nancy doesn't give in at all and let Trump do what he wants to do.  the drama of a National Emergency in his   dreams  and being able to pull it off is probably orgasmic for him.

If he does that, I am sure that the Supreme Court will most definitely intervene and shut him down. 

We are at a point in this Administration that I am calling Republicans in the Tea Party or their Freedom caucus to start looking for alternatives to this man.
Some one in the Republican Party needs to understand that this country is in crisis. and that we cannot continue on this path for much longer. 
There has to be a conversation between all Republicans and Democrats and come to the conclusion that we are in a bind and all of them need to do something.

So. hoping for that National emergency  to see how we can contain this deranged individual

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 35

@gv7852 wrote:

If you are so perfect than why don't you run for president!

I  am  perfect but I don't run for President, do you?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Reaching a compromise with Pelosi

Message 5 of 35
CriticalThinking wrote:

GV7852 said we don't know Trump. Excuse me, is Trump hiding in the White House? Let's ask GV7852 if he/she's bothered by the following.

• Trump's senior campaign and administration members were filled with convicted or soon to be convicted felons. Any problem here?
  • Trump is a pathological liar
  • Trump insults people every day of the week
  • Trump admires and praises Vladimir every chance he gets
  • Trump said he's in love with North Korean Dictator Kim Jong Un
  • Trump does not respect our intelligence agencies
  • Trump does not respect the rule of law or the FBI
  • Trump believes the Justice Department is NOT independent, representing the United States, they should instead be working on his personal behalf
  • Trump is the first presidential candidate in 40 years who refused to voluntarily release his tax returns

CM89xxxx wrote, "When you don't include a link to your source it's just words or one's own opinion.  I just wish posters would say it's their opinion, or something they heard on social media or one of those well known so-called News channels."

That's OK CM89xxxx, there's no way you're going to believe any of the above about your hero and idol in the White House. Even after all the heads of our intelligence agencies said on Tuesday that many of Trump's foreign policy positons are false or inaccurate opinions, I'm sure you won't believe that either. By the way, they were all appointed by Trump.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 35

@afisher wrote:

HMMMM, the thread is titled Reaching a Compromise with Speaker Pelosi and the response is denial and saying that winning is not being Impeached?   Wowzer.   I have read a lot of distraction here, but this is beyond that big time.   

Compromise is when groups come to an agreement with both sides agreeing to concessions made by both sides.    Apparently some have forgotten that the Senate had passed a bill and Congress agreed and then it was Donald that pulled a "Lucy / Charlie Brown football gambit"...so how is he compromising?

Apparently some here never learned the original deal that Congress did agree to, it was the xenophobe in the WH ( no not Donald) but one of his whispers who quashed the deal.     That leads to a zero-sum game, which is NOT a compromise.  

If you have followed both sides of this 'compromise' deal you would already know that Pres Trump HAS attempted to compromise several times with the Liberals (Pelosi/Schummer) but they offered NOTHING in return (no compromise).  Originally, Pres Trump asked for $25 billion and Schummer seemed to be all for it and then reniged on it. (So who backed down there?)

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jan/23/chuck-schumer-offered-25-billion-border-wall-now-w/

Then Trump kept going lower....$15 billion, $10 billion, finally down to $5.7 billiion but no negotiation from Pelosi.  Where were any Liberal 'concessions'?

Pres Trump hasn't played any childish games like Nancy does...her favorite is 'her way or no way' or she'll 'take her ball and go home' and then 'not one single dollar'....compromise???  Both the House and the Senate knew that the President said he would not 'sign any bill that did not include funding for the wall' (barrier, fence, curtain, whatever you want to call it). So that was BS when Pelosi acted shocked that he wouldn't sign it.  She knew!

https://www.fox4now.com/trump-again-says-he-wont-sign-a-spending-bill-that-doesnt-include-funding-fo...

Pres Trump has tried over and over to negotiate with the Liberals and I think he's done enough.  And now Nancy (who lies each time she speaks) told Pres Trump that she would negotiate once the shutdown was ended, and he ended it so workers could get paid and back to work.  But what is Nancy (who lies) saying now???  She accuses Pres Trump of 'playing games'?  Too funny

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/pelosi-no-wall-money-period-trump-stop-playing-political-g...

And I suppose Liberals think it's great she lied....again no compromise from the Liberal leaders and I've love to hear one. This will be a Pelosi/Schummer Shutdown...go fot it!

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.” 
― Thomas Sowell,

The Vision of the Anointed: Self-Congratulation as a Basis for Social Policy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 35

@CriticalThinking wrote:

GV7852 said we don't know Trump. Excuse me, is Trump hiding in the White House? Let's ask GV7852 if he/she's bothered by the following.

• Trump is a pathological liar
  • Trump insults people every day of the week
  • Trump admires and praises Vladimir every chance he gets
  • Trump said he's in love with North Korean Dictator Kim Jong Un
  • Trump does not respect our intelligence agencies
  • Trump does not respect the rule of law or the FBI

When you don't include a link to your source it's just words or one's own opinion.  I just wish posters would say it's their opinion, or something they heard on social media or one of those well known so-called News channels. 

“Rhetoric is no substitute for reality.” 
― Thomas Sowell

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 35

@Richva wrote:

15486222299378632897985878193791.jpg

This meme's image is slightly in error.

Actually, the REAL Pelosi's footprints would be a little further SOUTH on INDIVIDUAL-1'S body.

Her high heels as depicted in the meme would then stop and grind the area of which I am describing into a unrecognizable pulp.

Then INDIVIDUAL-1 will forever negotiate deals in a voice 3 octaves above what he does now.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 35

@gv7852 wrote:

Go ahead get him out.... I'll wait

God no. Trump has been manna from heaven for the Democratic party. He has offended every voter above mongoloid intelligence in the nation. His policies are pushing the stock market to a brink. He has expended every reserve the nation has to keep his momentum and he is about out of gas.  It is a shame for America but as each shoe drops, both in the economy and in the Mueller investigation, the American voter comes closer to awarding a clean sweep to the Democratic party. Why would we get rid of a resource like that?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 35

HMMMM, the thread is titled Reaching a Compromise with Speaker Pelosi and the response is denial and saying that winning is not being Impeached?   Wowzer.   I have read a lot of distraction here, but this is beyond that big time.   

Compromise is when groups come to an agreement with both sides agreeing to concessions made by both sides.    Apparently some have forgotten that the Senate had passed a bill and Congress agreed and then it was Donald that pulled a "Lucy / Charlie Brown football gambit"...so how is he compromising?

Apparently some here never learned the original deal that Congress did agree to, it was the xenophobe in the WH ( no not Donald) but one of his whispers who quashed the deal.     That leads to a zero-sum game, which is NOT a compromise.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views