Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Ray Dalio Says Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Ideas Are Taking Root

Message 11 of 18

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I suspect many on the left didn't read (or understand) Atlas Shrugged or couldn't relate to the problems. With a few tweaks, this is happening now.

I know for a fact most on the right have no understanding of economics because they think Atlas Shrugged is the work of a Prophet and, like the Fundies who've been seeing the Signs of Revelations for CENTURIES, believe the disaster their tax code has created was caused by Social Secutiry and Medicare.

Well, not a prophet in the religious sense you are trying to suggest so as to allow for the religious bigotry to be slipped in.

But getting back to the topic, she did forecast a gradual movement towards the ideas of the neoMarxists.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 18

@Panjandrum wrote:

NOTHAPPENING: 

I suspect many on the left didn't read (or understand) Atlas Shrugged or couldn't relate to the problems. With a few tweaks, this is happening now.

First, it's fiction, and poor fiction at that. I'll boil it down to some rich twits with terminal affluenza who live only for themselves and have a massive hissy fit at the mere thought of having to contribute anything to society. No wonder conservatives love it so much.

Didn't read it did you?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 18

@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

Who is John Galt?

GALT can also stand for GUT ASSOCIATED LYMPHOID TISSUE; something that INDIVIDUAL-1 has a plenty.

Or GIVING AMERICA LOVING TREATMENT

Or one could stick to the topic.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 18

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I know for a fact most on the right have no understanding of economics because they think Atlas Shrugged is the work of a Prophet and, like the Fundies who've been seeing the Signs of Revelations for CENTURIES, believe the disaster their tax code has created was caused by Social Secutiry and Medicare.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 18

NOTHAPPENING: 

First, it's fiction, and poor fiction at that. I'll boil it down to some rich twits with terminal affluenza who live only for themselves and have a massive hissy fit at the mere thought of having to contribute anything to society. No wonder conservatives love it so much.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 18

@jimc91 wrote:

Who is John Galt?

GALT can also stand for GUT ASSOCIATED LYMPHOID TISSUE; something that INDIVIDUAL-1 has a plenty.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 18

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Ray Dalio Says Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Ideas Are Taking Root

Message 18 of 18

(Bloomberg) -- She may not be in Davos, but Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s influence is already being felt on the slopes of the Swiss Alps. Three weeks after the Congresswoman for New York called for an income tax rate of as much as 70 percent on the wealthiest Americans, billionaire investor Ray Dalio suggested that the idea may have legs in the run up to the U.S. presidential election. 

Discussing the outlook for a slowing world economy, Dalio said that next year will see “the beginning of thinking about politics and how that might affect economic policy beyond. Something like the talk of the 70 percent income tax, for example, will play a bigger role.” He didn’t mention Ocasio-Cortez by name.

“There’s an element, yeah, where people are going to have to start paying their fair share,” Ocasio-Cortez told Anderson Cooper on 60 Minutes on Jan 6. “Once you get to the tippy tops, on your 10 millionth dollar, sometimes you see tax rates as high as 60 or 70 percent.

That may be anathema to at least some of the global elite gathered in Davos this week. The fortunes of a dozen attendees at the World Economic Forum in 2009 have soared by a combined $175 billion, a Bloomberg analysis found. The same cannot be said for people on the other end of the social spectrum: A report from Oxfam on Monday revealed that the poorest half of the world saw their wealth fall by 11 percent last year.

Read more at: https://www.bloombergquint.com/politics/ocasio-cortez-buzz-hits-davos-as-dalio-says-70-tax-talk-to-r...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Who is John Galt?

VIMTSTL
Tags (4)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: