Reply
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
272
Views

272 Views
Message 61 of 72

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

It is the government’s responsibility to ensure the businesses and other entities that we rely on daily, like banks, hospitals, police, fire, etc. are proactively doing all they can to prevent their conouter (sic) systems from being compromised. Or else our country will come to a standstill.  We cannot rely on businesses to care. Look at Boeing knowing all about its 737’s fatal flaw and doing absolutely nothing about it.


You are bringing up apples in discussing oranges.  Boeing's problem with it's aircraft comes under transportation and interstate commerce in area of safety concerns.  That has nothing to do with computer hacking which comes under law enforcement against criminal elements. 

 

It suggests that the government is responsible for a business locking its doors to prevent break-ins...no doubt to making sure doors are locked each night.

 

You might be ok with a government having free access to your computer, but I'm not with mine.  The fourth amendment protects businesses as much as individuals along with the consequences.

 

Computer security is the responsibility of the owner, not a communistic government because if the government is responsible it would be on them to insure that proper anti-malware is installed on each computer and is kept up to-date.

 

 


Not comparing apples and oranges. You just missed the point of my post. 

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
272
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
269
Views

269 Views
Message 62 of 72

@TxGrandpa2
a2 wrote:

You might be ok with a government having free access to your computer, but I'm not with mine.  The fourth amendment protects businesses as much as individuals along with the consequences.

 

Computer security is the responsibility of the owner, not a communistic government because if the government is responsible it would be on them to insure that proper anti-malware is installed on each computer and is kept up to-date.

 

The government is supposed to protect us from foreign attacks.....no?  Same with businesses that are killing consumers.....



"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
269
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
275
Views

275 Views
Message 63 of 72

@ManicProgressive wrote:

It is the government’s responsibility to ensure the businesses and other entities that we rely on daily, like banks, hospitals, police, fire, etc. are proactively doing all they can to prevent their conouter (sic) systems from being compromised. Or else our country will come to a standstill.  We cannot rely on businesses to care. Look at Boeing knowing all about its 737’s fatal flaw and doing absolutely nothing about it.


You are bringing up apples in discussing oranges.  Boeing's problem with it's aircraft comes under transportation and interstate commerce in area of safety concerns.  That has nothing to do with computer hacking which comes under law enforcement against criminal elements. 

 

It suggests that the government is responsible for a business locking its doors to prevent break-ins...no doubt to making sure doors are locked each night.

 

You might be ok with a government having free access to your computer, but I'm not with mine.  The fourth amendment protects businesses as much as individuals along with the consequences.

 

Computer security is the responsibility of the owner, not a communistic government because if the government is responsible it would be on them to insure that proper anti-malware is installed on each computer and is kept up to-date.

 

 

The mistake a lot of politicians make is forgetting
they've been appointed but thinking they've been anointed.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
275
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
290
Views

290 Views
Message 64 of 72

@mickstuder wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

60 Minutes did a Segment Tonight on the Ransomware Attacks Devastating Affects on our Country

 

Trump has No Plan to Protect Individual American Citizens - American Internet Infrastructure - Corporations - Banking Infrastructure - Government or Military Infrastructure - etc.

 

 

 

 


Is it the responsibility of Trump or the government to protect American computers against ransomware or any other type of viruses on the internet?  That is the reponsibility of the individual or corporate owners of these computers.  There are anti-virus programs that are available for free or modest sums, depending on the application.

 

I have had a good ransomware program on all my computers for years.


The President of the USA'S - Major Responsibility to US Citizens is National Security

 

US Children Learn that in the 3rd Grade

 

Russia and China pose the biggest espionage and cyber attack threats to the United States and are more aligned than they have been in decades, the leader of the U.S. intelligence community told U.S. senators on Tuesday. January 2019

 

Raise Your Hand if you think any other Country in the World is going to attack us with Nukes in 2019?

 

Cyber Warfare will be the Battlefield of the 21st Century - China or Russia could cripple the USA with a Single Well-timed Cyber Attack to our unprotected critical infrastructure

 

What Average thinking person would waste all the Time & Money on conventional warfare when for a few thousand dollars in Computer Hacking could render the USA Helpless - unable to communicate

 

Ransomware attacks against US Businesses & Individuals utilizing the US's own Internet Infrastructure just proves we are defenseless

 

Atlanta Ga.'s entire Police Force was crippled for Days because of a simple Ransomware Attack by a couple of Foreign NGO's asking for $50k they cost the City 20 Million

 

Do the Research

Good advise - do the research and learn it did not begin in January 2017.


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
290
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
242
Views

242 Views
Message 65 of 72

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Trump doesn't care about the welfare of America or all Americans trump cares about what he sees as him winning.


And the pettiness continues, however:

https://www.csoonline.com/article/3212260/the-5-biggest-ransomware-attacks-of-the-last-5-years.html

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
242
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
230
Views

230 Views
Message 66 of 72

@mickstuder wrote:

60 Minutes did a Segment Tonight on the Ransomware Attacks Devastating Affects on our Country

 

Trump has No Plan to Protect Individual American Citizens - American Internet Infrastructure - Corporations - Banking Infrastructure - Government or Military Infrastructure - etc.

 

He's Tweeting About MSNBC instead

 

Source - CBS

 

 


Yes, and they previously ran a piece about how hacking has been going on for decades. That article pointed out the many years put into finding just one hacker. They ran one several years ago where they actually drove down a street in NK and pointed out a building where hacking was done.

 

But now, the petty want to blame President Trump. The solution comes from tech experts not pols. Maybe you'd like Trump to tell them to "knock it off" - that worked well for Obama.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
230
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
233
Views

233 Views
Message 67 of 72

It is the government’s responsibility to ensure the businesses and other entities that we rely on daily, like banks, hospitals, police, fire, etc. are proactively doing all they can to prevent their conouter systems from being compromised. Or else our country will come to a standstill.  We cannot rely on businesses to care. Look at Boeing knowing all about its 737’s fatal flaw and doing absolutely nothing about it.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
233
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
245
Views

245 Views
Message 68 of 72

@mickstuder wrote:

Do the Research


Don't need to do any research as I've been familiar with not only computer security but comm security for decades starting back to my military days in the IT field, although back then it was called data processing.  Several years ago I came across a program to prevent against this anti-ransomware that I installed on all my computers.

 

The government plus those in the computer world and media has been warning against not only this ransomware but computer viruses in general, so it isn't the government's fault, but those IT professionals in charge of these personal and business networks.

 

Bottom line it isn't the government's responsibility for you, anyone or corporate or government offices to protect computers, but those in charge of their computers.  A good anti-virus program would do the job...

 

 

The mistake a lot of politicians make is forgetting
they've been appointed but thinking they've been anointed.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
245
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
255
Views

255 Views
Message 69 of 72

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

60 Minutes did a Segment Tonight on the Ransomware Attacks Devastating Affects on our Country

 

Trump has No Plan to Protect Individual American Citizens - American Internet Infrastructure - Corporations - Banking Infrastructure - Government or Military Infrastructure - etc.

 

 

 

 


Is it the responsibility of Trump or the government to protect American computers against ransomware or any other type of viruses on the internet?  That is the reponsibility of the individual or corporate owners of these computers.  There are anti-virus programs that are available for free or modest sums, depending on the application.

 

I have had a good ransomware program on all my computers for years.


The President of the USA'S - Major Responsibility to US Citizens is National Security

 

US Children Learn that in the 3rd Grade

 

Russia and China pose the biggest espionage and cyber attack threats to the United States and are more aligned than they have been in decades, the leader of the U.S. intelligence community told U.S. senators on Tuesday. January 2019

 

Raise Your Hand if you think any other Country in the World is going to attack us with Nukes in 2019?

 

Cyber Warfare will be the Battlefield of the 21st Century - China or Russia could cripple the USA with a Single Well-timed Cyber Attack to our unprotected critical infrastructure

 

What Average thinking person would waste all the Time & Money on conventional warfare when for a few thousand dollars in Computer Hacking could render the USA Helpless - unable to communicate

 

Ransomware attacks against US Businesses & Individuals utilizing the US's own Internet Infrastructure just proves we are defenseless

 

Atlanta Ga.'s entire Police Force was crippled for Days because of a simple Ransomware Attack by a couple of Foreign NGO's asking for $50k they cost the City 20 Million

 

Do the Research

 

 

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
255
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
267
Views

267 Views
Message 70 of 72

@mickstuder wrote:

60 Minutes did a Segment Tonight on the Ransomware Attacks Devastating Affects on our Country

 

Trump has No Plan to Protect Individual American Citizens - American Internet Infrastructure - Corporations - Banking Infrastructure - Government or Military Infrastructure - etc.

 

 

 

 


Is it the responsibility of Trump or the government to protect American computers against ransomware or any other type of viruses on the internet?  That is the reponsibility of the individual or corporate owners of these computers.  There are anti-virus programs that are available for free or modest sums, depending on the application.

 

I have had a good ransomware program on all my computers for years.

The mistake a lot of politicians make is forgetting
they've been appointed but thinking they've been anointed.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
267
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit