Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 41 of 72

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Overt attacks yes, but protecting your computer?  Russian attacks weren't overt.....were they OK?  Do you just excuse them and say the government shouldn't do a thing???  You want Trump's government peering into your computer? How do you know they aren't already?  From your posts I doubt it.  It's the individual's responsibilty (sic) to protect it, not a communistic all-seeing government.  Wrong again....I recall I was for govt spying for security purposes and you weren't.  Am I mistaken????

Where does individual responsibility end and government's start?  Well, it got your boy trump elected relying on individual responsibility.

I was under the impression that we were capable of taking care of our own personal property.  When did it become the government's responsibiltiy to babysit us?  You are becoming far-out from this question of protection against ransomware.

If a person can't maintain their own computers, then they shouldn't own one.  It would be their own fault for not maintaining an anti-virus program on their machines. 

Have a good day....

You do have to excuse the left since their opinion is, government is responsible for all things including (personal) computer security. Of course this is about foreign computer invasions, just like those perpetuated by Russia prior to the 2016 election, which trumpy and his followers still deny. Of course viruses have been around prior to Obama, and he did less than nothing to insure their "welfare".  Apparently the far right extremists don't understand the difference between viruses and ramsomeware as no one but the far-right extremists have mentioned viruses or Obama.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 72

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Has your internet suffered these past few years?  Mine has improved with my charges going down.  But that was on the part of my provider.

And, by your own admission, you did nothing.....someone else with more resources did it ALL.  Where's that personal responsiblility you were talking about?

The personal responsibilty has been that I subscribed through my internet provider.  I would suppose that you have your own personal internet system in your home.  You have anything about ransomware instead of making posts personal?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 72

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Overt attacks yes, but protecting your computer?  Russian attacks weren't overt.....were they OK?  Do you just excuse them and say the government shouldn't do a thing???  You want Trump's government peering into your computer? How do you know they aren't already?  From your posts I doubt it.  It's the individual's responsibilty (sic) to protect it, not a communistic all-seeing government.  Wrong again....I recall I was for govt spying for security purposes and you weren't.  Am I mistaken????

Where does individual responsibility end and government's start?  Well, it got your boy trump elected relying on individual responsibility.

I was under the impression that we were capable of taking care of our own personal property.  When did it become the government's responsibiltiy to babysit us?  You are becoming far-out from this question of protection against ransomware.

If a person can't maintain their own computers, then they shouldn't own one.  It would be their own fault for not maintaining an anti-virus program on their machines. 

Have a good day....

You do have to excuse the left since their opinion is, government is responsible for all things including (personal) computer security.  Of course viruses have been around prior to Obama, and he did less than nothing to insure their "welfare".

@TxGrandpa2- @NOTHAPPENING - @rk9152 

The City of Atlanta Ga was not a Personal Computer - the Hacks of Equifax - Wells Fargo - Sony - Etc Etc - were not Hacks on Personal Computers - millions of Americans personal data was stolen & made public by Foreign Entities - The One Job - The One Responsibility every American believes should be their Governments - is National Security - when Millions of American are under attack by Foreign States or the Citizens of Foreign States - that's a attack on America & Americans - Trump tries to tell us we are under attack from Latino Woman & Children - but Foreign Governments ruining the Financial Lives & Personal Safety of Americans by stealing or kidnapping their unique personal identification - their money is not the governments responsibility?

What am I as a American Citizen supposed to do go attack Russians or Chinese or Bulgarians in their own Country?

That's absurd & everyone of you know that

Just because Americans are attacked & there is no evidence of bloodshed or physical harm doesnt mean there was no Crime committed - there was no attack against Americans by Foreign Entities

If Terrorists use our physical Infrastructure like our Public Roads - like Planes Buses Trains owned by Private Companies to hurt Americans - you're ok with US Government Response

But if Terrorists attack Americans using the public Internet or the service of electronic infrastructure we buy from private companies like Comcast or Verizon - the Government or the Company is immune?

That makes No Sense - if I buy a Plane Ticket from American Airlines & a Terrorist gets on board - the Government gets involved

But if I buy Internet Service from Comcast & a Terrorist attacks me - it's my fault

How come it's not my fault if I rented a suite in the Twin Towers & I let myself be attacked - according to the argument presented by you folks - I should be not the Government

Apparently, you are overburdened with worrying about a litany of issues regarding hacking. Were you equally worried during the Obama administration where there was just as much hacking or is it because now it is troublesome because Trump is President? I think the latter.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 72

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

You do have to excuse the left since their opinion is, government is responsible for all things including (personal) computer security.  Of course viruses have been around prior to Obama, and he did less than nothing to insure their "welfare".

That would be hard to do for anyone who values their freedoms.  What I'm reading in these posts would be like leaving one's door open and allowing governmental authorities to come in and search the house without a warrant.

Ransomware, or forms of it, has been around since 1989.  And now CBS in looking for a 60 Minutes topic comes out with all sorts of innuendo.  And of course its sensationalized there and here.  Guess some would rather listen to media rather than IT professionals.  I'll take the professionals anytime.

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about as "the media" cited several "IT professionals".  So what were the innuendo's you claim 60 minutes "came out with"?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 72

@MaVolta wrote:

@TxGrandpa2  - Did you actually watch the program?

No, I don't watch 60 Minutes because it has proved to be more sensationalism than information.  I did read the transcript on-line as I normally do with programs rather than watching a lot of malarkey.

As I have already posted, I am well aware of ransomware programs and also other malware.  I'm also aware of media hype going way back over half century. 

So the program says that some organizations has been affected by this malware in spite of professional setups.  What are we supposed to do now?  Turn off internet systems?  At least Scott Palley and 60 Minutes was able to get a good story out and shook up people here on AARP.   I've been familiar with ransomware for years and took steps to protect my computers.

Again, are we supposed to turn our computers off and cower in the dark?  Aren't we and organizations responsible for our own equipment security?  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 72

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Has your internet suffered these past few years?  Mine has improved with my charges going down.  But that was on the part of my provider.

And, by your own admission, you did nothing.....someone else with more resources did it ALL.  Where's that personal responsiblility you were talking about?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 72

@mickstuder 

I would think that basically you are just attempting to confuse the issue by bringing in all those other events and matters.  Even going back decades for material, then all over the place with other topics that has nothing to do with the original one.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 72

@TxGrandpa2  - Did you actually watch the program? One entity was a hospital, the other was a public system in a small community. They both paid the ransom and fortunately got the recovery key to have all of their data restored. Investigators were not able to trace it to the source. The hospital thought that their system was secure. They hired a network security analyst and consultant who installed additional security. He said that even he could not guarantee the system could not be infiltrated again. They interviewed different security experts, and they agreed that nothing out there was 100% foolproof.

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 72

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Russia has been hacking our electrical grid for over a decade and Cadet Bonespurs is doing NOTHING because if he did, he might reduce the effectiveness of the KGB PsyOps Warriors support of his re-election.

In what way has the electrical grid suffered?  Who was President from 2 to 8 years ago?  What does it have to do with this topic of ransomware?  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 72

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Have a good day....

@TxGrandpa2- @NOTHAPPENING - @rk9152 

The City of Atlanta Ga was not a Personal Computer - the Hacks of Equifax - Wells Fargo - Sony - Etc Etc - were not Hacks on Personal Computers - millions of Americans personal data was stolen & made public by Foreign Entities - The One Job - The One Responsibility every American believes should be their Governments - is National Security - when Millions of American are under attack by Foreign States or the Citizens of Foreign States - that's a attack on America & Americans - Trump tries to tell us we are under attack from Latino Woman & Children - but Foreign Governments ruining the Financial Lives & Personal Safety of Americans by stealing or kidnapping their unique personal identification - their money is not the governments responsibility?

What am I as a American Citizen supposed to do go attack Russians or Chinese or Bulgarians in their own Country?

That's absurd & everyone of you know that

Just because Americans are attacked & there is no evidence of bloodshed or physical harm doesnt mean there was no Crime committed - there was no attack against Americans by Foreign Entities

If Terrorists use our physical Infrastructure like our Public Roads - like Planes Buses Trains owned by Private Companies to hurt Americans - you're ok with US Government Response

But if Terrorists attack Americans using the public Internet or the service of electronic infrastructure we buy from private companies like Comcast or Verizon - the Government or the Company is immune?

That makes No Sense - if I buy a Plane Ticket from American Airlines & a Terrorist gets on board - the Government gets involved

But if I buy Internet Service from Comcast & a Terrorist attacks me - it's my fault

How come it's not my fault if I rented a suite in the Twin Towers & I let myself be attacked - according to the argument presented by you folks - I should be not the Government

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors