Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 31 of 72

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Not comparing apples and oranges. You just missed the point of my post. 

No I didn't, it came through loud and clear.  If the government kept your computer up to date on anti-malware protections, it would mean that they would require access to your's or any computer 24/7. 

The fourth amendment applies...regardless of the danger.  A legal professional would be aware of that, regardless of whether it's a business or personal computer.

A responsible computer owner, personal or business would maintain an anti-virus program on their machine(s) without depending on government to baby-sit them.

Yes you did. I don’t care about my computer or yours. And neither should the government. The government however, should care about banks, hospitals, transit, etc. Things we need to function as a society. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 72

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Do you think that the words of those 'professionals' was not slanted in a context along with the purpose of that program?  Do you think the words of someone that didn't see the program has any validity at all?  Dp you think it's easy to attack something one knows nothing about (the show). You always take the (sic) what is presented on programs like '60 Minutes' as the truth, the complete truth? (sic) Far more so than FoxNews/trump TV.  And not attempting to get a biased view across?  What was the biased view?

Of course the transcript is available and just the same as watching the video.  But what does Fox/Trump have to do with the topic of the video.  That is unless someone is just attempting to throw a partisan bent to the discussion which apparently you are doing here.  Besides there is more about knowledge of malware besides watching a TV program, especially one that's not known for being accurate in its presentation over the years.

It's already been pointed out here that there has been forms of ransomware for many years.  Now we have many "experts" who gained their knowledge from this 60 Minutes show.  There are those who have been aware ransomware and how it works technically for many years.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 72

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Yet again, someone has done most of it for you.....Maybe if those who are impacted by hurricanes should repair their lives on their own and not depend of the government for survival and rebuilding their lives.  It would be their own fault for not maintaining an anti-virus program on their machines. Well, I guess that say's it all.....apparently some have no idea that there is a huge difference between ramsomeware and viruses.  Shame on them....they shouldn't own a computer, eh?

First, I have already posted that I'm well aware of malware in all forms. You have already posted MANY things.....so?  I have had a program targeting ransomware on my computers for a good many years, so have many posters here.....and your point?  in fact it is a dedicated program designed for professionals. Ooooo, ahhhhh..... Plus there are the regular anti-virus malware programs.  Of course there are.

I suppose by your comment about some has no idea about the difference that you are also an expert on malware along with your other accomplishments claimed?  And once again your supposition is inaccurate.

Regarding hurricanes, now you are becoming facetious in bring in all sorts of comparisons.  But what is new?  So, you GOT the point.  Good!  Now where were the victims' personal responsibility?  Why did many need the governments help?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 72

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about as "the media" cited several "IT professionals".  So what were the innuendo's you claim 60 minutes "came out with"?

Do you think that the words of those 'professionals' was not slanted in a context along with the purpose of that program?  Do you think the words of someone that didn't see the program has any validity at all?  Dp you think it's easy to attack something one knows nothing about (the show). You always take the (sic) what is presented on programs like '60 Minutes' as the truth, the complete truth? (sic) Far more so than FoxNews/trump TV.  And not attempting to get a biased view across?  What was the biased view?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 72

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Yet again, someone has done most of it for you.....Maybe if those who are impacted by hurricanes should repair their lives on their own and not depend of the government for survival and rebuilding their lives.  It would be their own fault for not maintaining an anti-virus program on their machines. Well, I guess that say's it all.....apparently some have no idea that there is a huge difference between ramsomeware and viruses.  Shame on them....they shouldn't own a computer, eh?

First, I have already posted that I'm well aware of malware in all forms.   I have had a program targeting ransomware on my computers for a good many years, in fact it is a dedicated program designed for professionals.  Plus there are the regular anti-virus malware programs.

I suppose by your comment about some has no idea about the difference that you are also an expert on malware along with your other accomplishments claimed?

Regarding hurricanes, now you are becoming facetious in bring in all sorts of comparisons.  But what is new?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 72

@mickstuder wrote:

No basically I am recalling Historical Facts to support my argument that it's always been the Responsibility of the US Government to protect its citizens when they are under attack from Foreign Entities

You should be familiar with these concepts - another would be the US Governments

I would believe that those historical facts applies to actual physical invasion.  I don't recall that it means the government should come into a person's home to monitor their personal equipment. 

Of course the way things are going, some prefer a 'nanny' government in their personal lives.  Much like kids that don't want to grow up and want their parents to take care of them.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 72

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about as "the media" cited several "IT professionals".  So what were the innuendo's you claim 60 minutes "came out with"?

Do you think that the words of those 'professionals' was not slanted in a context along with the purpose of that program?   You always take the what is presented on programs like '60 Minutes' as the truth, the complete truth?  And not attempting to get a biased view across?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 72

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Overt attacks yes, but protecting your computer?  Russian attacks weren't overt.....were they OK?  Do you just excuse them and say the government shouldn't do a thing???  You want Trump's government peering into your computer? How do you know they aren't already?  From your posts I doubt it.  It's the individual's responsibilty (sic) to protect it, not a communistic all-seeing government.  Wrong again....I recall I was for govt spying for security purposes and you weren't.  Am I mistaken????

Where does individual responsibility end and government's start?  Well, it got your boy trump elected relying on individual responsibility.

I was under the impression that we were capable of taking care of our own personal property.  Yet you say someone else did it FOR you.   When did it become the government's responsibiltiy (sic) to babysit us?  no one suggested that and you know it, but there you go again....

You are becoming far-out from this question of protection against ransomware.  LOL.

If a person can't maintain their own computers, then they shouldn't own one. Yet again, someone has done most of it for you.....Maybe if those who are impacted by hurricanes should repair their lives on their own and not depend of the government for survival and rebuilding their lives.  It would be their own fault for not maintaining an anti-virus program on their machines. Well, I guess that say's it all.....apparently some have no idea that there is a huge difference between ramsomeware and viruses.  Shame on them....they shouldn't own a computer, eh?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 72

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Overt attacks yes, but protecting your computer?  Russian attacks weren't overt.....were they OK?  Do you just excuse them and say the government shouldn't do a thing???  You want Trump's government peering into your computer? How do you know they aren't already?  From your posts I doubt it.  It's the individual's responsibilty (sic) to protect it, not a communistic all-seeing government.  Wrong again....I recall I was for govt spying for security purposes and you weren't.  Am I mistaken????

Where does individual responsibility end and government's start?  Well, it got your boy trump elected relying on individual responsibility.

I was under the impression that we were capable of taking care of our own personal property.  When did it become the government's responsibiltiy to babysit us?  You are becoming far-out from this question of protection against ransomware.

If a person can't maintain their own computers, then they shouldn't own one.  It would be their own fault for not maintaining an anti-virus program on their machines. 

Have a good day....

You do have to excuse the left since their opinion is, government is responsible for all things including (personal) computer security. Of course this is about foreign computer invasions, just like those perpetuated by Russia prior to the 2016 election, which trumpy and his followers still deny. Of course viruses have been around prior to Obama, and he did less than nothing to insure their "welfare".  Apparently the far right extremists don't understand the difference between viruses and ramsomeware as no one but the far-right extremists have mentioned viruses or Obama.

Apparently, the far left wing extremists don't understand that the way you get ramsomware is via a virus. You most likely clicked on a email that you received saying you had to confirm some information.  It doesn't get there all by itself (as the far left believes).

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 72

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mickstuder 

I would think that basically you are just attempting to confuse the issue by bringing in all those other events and matters.  Even going back decades for material, then all over the place with other topics that has nothing to do with the original one.

No basically I am recalling Historical Facts to support my argument that it's always been the Responsibility of the US Government to protect its citizens when they are under attack from Foreign Entities

You should be familiar with these concepts - another would be the US Governments

War on Drugs

No assault on Americans by a Invading Army

Its still a attack on Americans just like Cyber Attacks on Americans

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors