Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 21 of 72

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 

So much for an adult type discussion when an animatedgiff of Judge Judy is inserted.

Have a good evening.

When one doesn't respond to what's said and ignores questions, they've already ceased having an adult conversation.  But thanks for your concern......<eyerolll>

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 72

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

As far as your Comments - My thread was started because of all the Cyber Attacks against our Country - and Trumps Failure to Respond - Ransomware being only one specific kind of attack

Your thread was started because you watched 60 Minutes last night and then today started an article based on it.  Malware attacks has been around for decades since the 1970s.  So there is nothing new.  There have been cyber attacks for a long time.  So how do you suggest they be met at the government level that isn't already being done?  Remember the most proficient attacks was under the Obama administration when Wikileaks published the DNC files and emails.

BREAKING NEWS

The Author of the Thread is the only person who understands the reason why they started the Topic

1. Report - Navy is Under Cyber Seige - Classified Secrets Leaking From The Hulls

Source - https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-military/2019/03/13/report-navy-is-under-cyber-siege-national-se...

2. Report - U.S. military continues to grapple with onslaught of cyberattacks

Source - https://wtkr.com/2019/03/18/u-s-military-continues-to-grapple-with-onslaught-of-cyberattacks/

I'll be happy to continue listing the inability of Trump to secure our National Security

Both articles are from MARCH 2019 - Not OBAMA Presidency

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 72

@mickstuder wrote:

As far as your Comments - My thread was started because of all the Cyber Attacks against our Country - and Trumps Failure to Respond - Ransomware being only one specific kind of attack

Your thread was started because you watched 60 Minutes last night and then today started an article based on it.  Malware attacks has been around for decades since the 1970s.  So there is nothing new.  There have been cyber attacks for a long time.  So how do you suggest they be met at the government level that isn't already being done?  Remember the most proficient attacks was under the Obama administration when Wikileaks published the DNC files and emails.

The mistake a lot of politicians make is forgetting
they've been appointed but thinking they've been anointed.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 72

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Overt attacks yes, but protecting your computer?  Russian attacks weren't overt.....were they OK?  Do you just excuse them and say the government shouldn't do a thing???  You want Trump's government peering into your computer? How do you know they aren't already?  From your posts I doubt it.  It's the individual's responsibilty (sic) to protect it, not a communistic all-seeing government.  Wrong again....I recall I was for govt spying for security purposes and you weren't.  Am I mistaken????

Where does individual responsibility end and government's start?  Well, it got your boy trump elected relying on individual responsibility.

I was under the impression that we were capable of taking care of our own personal property.  When did it become the government's responsibiltiy to babysit us?  You are becoming far-out from this question of protection against ransomware.

If a person can't maintain their own computers, then they shouldn't own one.  It would be their own fault for not maintaining an anti-virus program on their machines. 

Have a good day....

You do have to excuse the left since their opinion is, government is responsible for all things including (personal) computer security. Of course this is about foreign computer invasions, just like those perpetuated by Russia prior to the 2016 election, which trumpy and his followers still deny. Of course viruses have been around prior to Obama, and he did less than nothing to insure their "welfare".  Apparently the far right extremists don't understand the difference between viruses and ramsomeware as no one but the far-right extremists have mentioned viruses or Obama.

Apparently, the far left wing extremists don't understand that the way you get ramsomware is via a virus. You most likely clicked on a email that you received saying you had to confirm some information.  It doesn't get there all by itself (as the far left believes).

Heh heh

Well isn't that the EXACT POINT of this whole exercise

It didn't get there by itself

First it had to travel over US Government Infrastructure - either Deep Sea Communications Cables or over US Government Satellites

Then it used US & State Governments & Private Companies Broadband Cabeling and Satellite Infrastructure

It had to travel - in the case of the 60 Minutes Ransomware Segments - all the way from two Hackers located in Iran to Computers located in the USA - Multiple Layers of US Coprorate & Government Controlled Communications Infrastructure

So yeah you're very very right - if it was on my computer - it didn' get there all by itself - it passed right through all these other Layers B4 it came to a Personal Computer in someones home

The US Government can't Stop it

Multi-billion Dollar Corporations Cannot Stop it

But you expect the people who can only afford $300 for a Tablet to allow them access to the Internet to be responsible for thwarting a Computer Program that has used all these other Platforms before arriving at their Home

If the Water coming into my Home is contaminated - under your Logic - I would be responsible because I didn't install my own Water Purification & Treatment System - tell the people of Michigan your Theory

IF the Chicken I buy at the Local Grocery Store is contaminated - under your Logic - I would be responsible because I didn't hire a Professional Laboratory to screen it for pathogens

If the Natural Gas coming into my home arrives way over or under the Optimum Pressure required for safe use - under your Logic - I would be responsible because I didn't install pressure monitoring systems and automatic gas shutoffs in case of emergency

Your Logic is not Logical

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 72

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Whenever Trump doesn't get involved in something he is bound by Law to get involved - you Folks make excuses

Do you see a pattern developing here?

Yes, there is a pattern developing here.  First you come on strong about ransonware, then you attempt to change it about the FCC involved in Net Neutrality.  The pattern seems to be wanting to keep going around in circles about this to keep the thread going.

Has your internet suffered these past few years?  Mine has improved with my charges going down.  But that was on the part of my provider.

Look I understand all these things are complicated - Life itself is becoming way too Complicated - but it's the only Life I'm going to have so I try to understand it so I can respond to issues when they arise in the most efficient way -

BTW - that's why most people Vote based only on Name Recognition - digging any deeper is too much work

The Subject Line Only Allows a Limited Amount of Characters as I've explained to you and other multiple times

The Internet has now become a part of our Critical Infrastructure just like the Roads & Bridges The Electrical Grid - Water & Gas Mains - etc

Trump is the President - he has No Plan to protect any of our Critical Infrastructure

Bad Actors are picking off Individuals & Companies & The US Military

Guess Who Wrote The Following

My fellow Americans:

Protecting America’s national security and promoting the prosperity of the American people are my top priorities.

Ensuring the security of cyberspace is fundamental to both endeavors.

Cyberspace is an integral component of all facets of American life, including our economy and defense.

Yet, our private and public entities still struggle to secure their systems, and adver-saries have increased the frequency and sophistication of their malicious cyber activities.

America created the Internet and shared it with the world. Now, we must make sure to secure and preserve cyberspace for future generations.

Donald J Trump - US President

THE 60 MINUTES PIECE PROVES ONCE AGAIN -

HE AIN'T UP TO YET ANOTHER ONE OF HIS JOBS HE PROMISED TO DO

Source - https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/National-Cyber-Strategy.pdf

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 72

@Centristsin2010 

So much for an adult type discussion when an animated gif of Judge Judy is inserted.

Have a good evening.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 72

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Yes you did. I don’t care about my computer or yours. And neither should the government. The government however, should care about banks, hospitals, transit, etc. Things we need to function as a society. 

Yes, if it affects the public good.  But who is responsible, Trump as some here are inferring or those responsible for those organizations?  Note the original poster throwing the name 'Trump' in the subject line.  Strange that there are a good many here who are suddenly getting hyper about this, mostly for political or partisan reasons...  The ones who should have cared in the first place are those IT professionals in charge of the systems and taken steps to protect their systems. 

I've been following this for years and have installed a professional grade anti-virus program especially for ransomware on my computer.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 72

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Not comparing apples and oranges. You just missed the point of my post. 

No I didn't, it came through loud and clear.  If the government kept your computer up to date on anti-malware protections, it would mean that they would require access to your's or any computer 24/7. 

The fourth amendment applies...regardless of the danger.  A legal professional would be aware of that, regardless of whether it's a business or personal computer.

A responsible computer owner, personal or business would maintain an anti-virus program on their machine(s) without depending on government to baby-sit them.

Yes you did. I don’t care about my computer or yours. And neither should the government. The government however, should care about banks, hospitals, transit, etc. Things we need to function as a society. 

Sometimes people get Phishing emails (even banks, hospitals, transit, and government employees) telling them they have to reenter their card number or verify something. Many times it is to steal your personal information and other times they tell you Microsoft Software has been corrupted and click here to "solve the problem". That's it - when you click here, you get downloaded the virus or worse still you get the blue screen until you provide the ransom.  It's not the government responsibility to be vigilant and SMART. Be careful what you click on because YOU are the one that pays the ransom. For corporate employees, they expose their employer to big lawsuits.

The government does NOT insure that private corporations or even government hire smart people or even those with common sense!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 72

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Not comparing apples and oranges. You just missed the point of my post. 

No I didn't, it came through loud and clear.  If the government kept your computer up to date on anti-malware protections, it would mean that they would require access to your's or any computer 24/7. 

The fourth amendment applies...regardless of the danger.  A legal professional would be aware of that, regardless of whether it's a business or personal computer.

A responsible computer owner, personal or business would maintain an anti-virus program on their machine(s) without depending on government to baby-sit them.

I would think someone who read the transcript would have knowm that, TM, wouldn't you?

Image result for judge judy gifs

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 72

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Do you think that the words of those 'professionals' was not slanted in a context along with the purpose of that program?  Do you think the words of someone that didn't see the program has any validity at all?  Dp you think it's easy to attack something one knows nothing about (the show). You always take the (sic) what is presented on programs like '60 Minutes' as the truth, the complete truth? (sic) Far more so than FoxNews/trump TV.  And not attempting to get a biased view across?  What was the biased view?

Of course the transcript is available Sure, but most don,t bother reading it because if they had, they'd be able to identify the innuendo they claim existed....and just the same as watching the video. Not the same AT ALL!  It's not a SOTU address..... But what does Fox/Trump have to do with the topic of the video.  You suggested a poster took 60 minutes as the truth; I pointed out they were more reliable than Fox and/or trump.  Not sure why that was confusing.  Can you explain?  That is unless someone is just attempting to throw a partisan bent to the discussion Too late...you had already accomplished that goal.  which apparently you are doing here. Only after you had initiated it.  But thanks for asking.....

Besides there is more about knowledge of malware besides watching a TV program, No kidding?  especially one that's not known for being accurate in its presentation over the years.  LMAO!!!!  60 Minutes. ... In 2002, 60 Minutes was ranked at No. 6 on TV Guide's 50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time and in 2013, it was ranked #24 on TV Guide's 60 Best Series of All Time. The New York Times has called it "one of the most esteemed news magazines on American television". Season 50 debuted on September 24, 2017  They haven't lasted this long because hey have limited credibility....

It's already been pointed out here that there has been forms of ransomware for many years.  Now we have many "experts" who gained their knowledge from this 60 Minutes show.  Really?  No one claimed to be an expert.....they were on the program.  Had you watched it, or even read the transcript you may have know that. There are those who have been aware ransomware and how it works technically for many years.  Gee, and only one poster in this entire forum knew that  Smiley Frustrated

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit