Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Ramadan Rage 2017 Hits Grim Milestone: 1,003 Dead, 1,036 Wounded

Message 51 of 63

@Richva wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

Haven't you all noticed that the dialogue inevitably degenerates into the incredibly childish "they do it tooooo".  As if that had anything...anything at all with the real problem.  Which, of course, has to include yourself.

Good point but it is a rare occurrence with those on the left because they have facts on their side. The folks on the right do it with some regularity as it is, generally, the only defense they can offer. In this case I was pointing out the frequency with which Christians kill and maim each other in every city in our country while the subject article shows a few occurrence spread over multiple countries, multiple weeks, and more for political reasons.  In short, I was pointing out the reasons it was fake news. 

Sorry I was not more specific. 

Overlooked is the fact that while people who may be Christians (of one type or another) or Atheists or any religious designation you want to assign, they are not doing it to celebrate a religious holiday. They generally are doing it for a variety of reasons - anger, jealousy, robbery, etc. but not religious.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 63

@Richva wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

Haven't you all noticed that the dialogue inevitably degenerates into the incredibly childish "they do it tooooo".  As if that had anything...anything at all with the real problem.  Which, of course, has to include yourself.

Good point but it is a rare occurrence with those on the left because they have facts on their side. The folks on the right do it with some regularity as it is, generally, the only defense they can offer. In this case I was pointing out the frequency with which Christians kill and maim each other in every city in our country while the subject article shows a few occurrence spread over multiple countries, multiple weeks, and more for political reasons.  In short, I was pointing out the reasons it was fake news. 

Yeah, well, the criticism was not directed at you either, but as an observation that nothing will get better until something gets better.  Your observation about frequency of offense and by whom is correct.  There is a reason for that.  Let's just say that organized religions exacerbate divisions as opposed to promoting unit....except within their own ranks.  It has always been this way and I see no evidence it will ever be different.  That is not a judgement of 'right' vs. 'wrong'....but there IS a better way.  Just sayin'.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 63

@umbarch64 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 63

NM--Thank you for your post.  This is just ANOTHER attempt to defame the Muslim faith and its millions of peace loving people.  Shame on Breitbart, a totally illegitimate "news" source, and those who further its racist hate filled rants.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 63

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 63

Fake news again folks.  One meerly has to visit any hospital emergency room on Xmas or Easter to see what damage Christians do.  And THAT is to family members. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 63

@NerdyMom wrote:

>> Middle schoolers do better than this.

Well no they really don't.. many can barely read the newspaper, but that is another topic : )

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 63

Mainstream media reports on this stuff ALL THE TIME.   The difference is, Breitbart lumps a bunch of violence together and blames it on "being Muslim." Their hook is their readers' prejudice.  Not any desire to explain complex issues.  This article is nothing but a random data dump.  An inaccurately defined one at that.  No narrative, no exploration, and no context other than it occurs during Ramadan.  

MSM, on the other hand (the good ones anyway), report on domestic violence, which is what honor killings are.   They report on terrorism, which is what many of these incidents are.  They report on the where's, the when's, the who's, and most importantly, the why's.  

What is the purpose of lumping it all under "Muslim," other than to validate people's bigotry?  And don't be so sloppy about it.   Don't say it's about predominantly Muslim countries and then ALSO list incidents in the Phillipines, Cameroon, India, England, France, and Australia. 

I wonder how many Breitbart readers know that the murder rate in many predominantly Christian countries, like everything in Central and South America, far, far exceeds the murder rate in predominantly Muslim countries.   

If Breitbart wants to be taken seriously, it needs to up its journalism standards. Middle schoolers do better than this.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 63

@jimc91 wrote:

@nctarheel are you disputing the information about the attacks listed in the post?

Its easy enough to confirm.

The numbers are accurate and your bloviating about a source will never change that.

Most of the left leaning MSM will never report on this topic so why is that?

Do you have any thoughts on the 1003 dead and the 1036 wounded so far?  Ramadan 2017 is not over yet.  Will there be more?

Are you interested in the subject?

looks like the terrorists dont respect the muslim holy days to me. 

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 63

nctarheel:

And now you resort to HIDING the attribution of your sources. Why would one do that? Heh heh heh, I think we know why. 🙂

BRIETBART NEWS is well known as a publisher of falsehoods.

BRIETBART NEWS is well known as a publisher of conspiracy theories.

BRIETBART NEWS is well known as a publisher of material that is xenophobic and racist.

Yes, Yes, & Yes, correct on all counts.  Breitbart's storyline: muslims = very bad people who are going to come kill you asap and the entire religion is at fault even though only a minute fraction behave that way.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors