Reply
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
596
Views

Re: Ramadan Rage 2017 Hits Grim Milestone: 1,003 Dead, 1,036 Wounded

596 Views
Message 31 of 63

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:
 

1,003 people are dead - that is a fact not changed by who reports it. To attempt to change the focus is to show a truly sad priority system.


 


So you think that the fact that an ANTI-MUSLIM website reports information gleaned from an even more extreme ANTI-MUSLIM web site doesn't affect the validity of the information at all???

 

Explain that clearly to me.

 

As to focus, what is your motive for your responses?

 

Are you SAD or GLAD that so many MUSLIMS might have died.

 

If you wanted to do something about it in a positive manner; there would be suggestions on what could be done.

 

Since those are absent, I have to conclude that you are relishing the possible deaths of so many MUSLIMS.


Your offensive "relish the deaths" does not change the point.

 

Are they not dead because the article happened to come from a source you do not approve of. How about that massacre of the 28 Coptic Christians in Egypt - did it not occur because Fox reported on it?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
596
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
599
Views

Re: Ramadan Rage 2017 Hits Grim Milestone: 1,003 Dead, 1,036 Wounded

599 Views
Message 32 of 63

@rk9152 wrote:



Well, well - we are back to the "black lives matter" silliness. What does a SC Republican Senator have to do with a motorist being pulled over by various police officers

 

And along that line, every time a black is killed by a police officer it is considered "racism" to the BLM posters. But hundreds of blacks can be killed across the nation on a monthly bases and - ho-hum. So, I propose a change of title to SBLM - "Some Black Lives Matter.


This exactly illustrates the problem with conflating two issues, just as Breitbart has done with this article.   You can't lump two (or more) different types of homicide together, assuming they are one in the same because they both result in death.   One is common local crime (one of opportunity and familiarity). The other is perpetrated by an agent of the state who has extraordinary powers over normal citizens, to the point s/he can legally violate your Constitutional rights, to the point of death.   Both result in death.   But they each come from very different causes.  As such, they need very different approaches.    

 

The only factor that links the two is the victims' race, and this gives opportunity to disparage those who care about the victims, intimating that only some lives matter, and therefore people who care are hypocrites.  That insult falls apart when you look at the underlying reasons for the different types of killings.

 

The same is the case with the Breitbart article.   It lumps a bunch of deaths together and the common factor is their religion.   It's not an attempt to understand the problem, and therefore work toward a solution.  It's an opportunity to disparage Muslims.   Look how violent they are!  They must be, because we put all these numbers in one place!

 

I could do the same with white American men, listing their violent acts against others -- be they hate crime related, domestic violence, child abuse, drug related, etc.  And publish similar assertions over and over. And it would begin to build a very ugly narrative about white American men.   If you are a white American man (or someone who cares about them), you might react viscerally to such articles, and know in your gut that they are biased and inflammatory.  And that there's more to the story that the article is ignoring.

 

And you'd be right. 

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
599
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
609
Views

Re: Ramadan Rage 2017 Hits Grim Milestone: 1,003 Dead, 1,036 Wounded

609 Views
Message 33 of 63

rk9152 wrote:


 

 


Well, well - we are back to the "black lives matter" silliness. What does a SC Republican Senator have to do with a motorist being pulled over by various police officers

And along that line, every time a black is killed by a police officer it is considered "racism" to the BLM posters. But hundreds of blacks can be killed across the nation on a monthly bases and - ho-hum. So, I propose a change of title to SBLM - "Some Black Lives Matter.


Maybe the SC Republican Senator has something to do with it because he was the person being pulled over.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
609
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
605
Views

Re: Ramadan Rage 2017 Hits Grim Milestone: 1,003 Dead, 1,036 Wounded

605 Views
Message 34 of 63

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

 

Second, your rejection of the right wing source "implies" that you would accept a left wing source.  Just sayin'.


It's a shame that folks have forgotten that there are moderates in this world. In fact, that is how our Congress had gotten things done..... until recently.......... through the input of the moderates of both parties.

 

It is sad to see that you see things only in "RIGHT WING" ............ OR ........... "LEFT WING".

 

Just sayin'.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
605
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
603
Views

Re: Ramadan Rage 2017 Hits Grim Milestone: 1,003 Dead, 1,036 Wounded

603 Views
Message 35 of 63

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@nctarheel are you disputing the information about the attacks listed in the post?

 

Its easy enough to confirm.

 

The numbers are accurate and your bloviating about a source will never change that.



I am actually questioning your motive for listing the numbers at all.

 

As you use the ANTI-MUSLIM media outlet BRIETBART as your resource exclusively for this post; I am going to guess that you are CELEBRATING these deaths rather than MOURNING them.

 

As to the numbers being accurate, do they come from a source other than BRIETBART????

 

I will answer question for everyone in two more paragraphs.

 

Since BRIETBART is world renowned for its inaccuracies and you didn't even list BRIETBART as your resource; I doubt you will list any other resource as your source for that list of deaths.

 

Here's where the list was REALLY GLEANED FROM.............

 

It was a web site called RELIGION OF PEACE.COM, an anti-Islamic web site that features heavy coverage of violence committed "in the name of Islam". This web site has even taken non-Islamic acts of violence and falsely claimed they were motivated by Islam.

 

No wonder you fail to list your sources. Your main source is world renowned for false facts and inaccuracies and it uses as its source another web site that is even more renown for its falsehoods.

 

One should use resources that are accurate and truthful.........neither of your sources meet that test.

 

I guess that's why you hide them.


When someone kills while screaming "Alluhu Akbar" Breitbart is not a factor. Yet you, once again, throw that in as a diversion.

 

Why are you defending these killers??


"Why are you" constantly placing your words into the posts of others rk??

 

The poster your accusatory post addresses never made such a defense. You made it up.


1,003 people are dead. That fact is not effected by who reports it.

 

Any problem with that??


Nothing to do with my reply and an evasion of your false accusation on another poster.

But it is yet another straw man argument!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
603
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
604
Views

Re: Ramadan Rage 2017 Hits Grim Milestone: 1,003 Dead, 1,036 Wounded

604 Views
Message 36 of 63

@nctarheel wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:
 

1,003 people are dead - that is a fact not changed by who reports it. To attempt to change the focus is to show a truly sad priority system.


 


So you think that the fact that an ANTI-MUSLIM website reports information gleaned from an even more extreme ANTI-MUSLIM web site doesn't affect the validity of the information at all???

 

Explain that clearly to me.

 

As to focus, what is your motive for your responses?

 

Are you SAD or GLAD that so many MUSLIMS might have died.

 

If you wanted to do something about it in a positive manner; there would be suggestions on what could be done.

 

Since those are absent, I have to conclude that you are relishing the possible deaths of so many MUSLIMS.


So you ONLY accept radical left wing sources as a check on validity?


First of all, as one can see, my questions were posed to another poster, not you.

 

Secondly, where, in anything that I have said, did you note that I have used a "LEFT WING SOURCE" as a check on validity.


First, if you only wanted one person to see your post or comment on it, why don't you try the mail function next time?

 

Second, your rejection of the right wing source "implies" that you would accept a left wing source.  Just sayin'.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
604
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
597
Views

Re: Ramadan Rage 2017 Hits Grim Milestone: 1,003 Dead, 1,036 Wounded

597 Views
Message 37 of 63

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:
 

1,003 people are dead - that is a fact not changed by who reports it. To attempt to change the focus is to show a truly sad priority system.


 


So you think that the fact that an ANTI-MUSLIM website reports information gleaned from an even more extreme ANTI-MUSLIM web site doesn't affect the validity of the information at all???

 

Explain that clearly to me.

 

As to focus, what is your motive for your responses?

 

Are you SAD or GLAD that so many MUSLIMS might have died.

 

If you wanted to do something about it in a positive manner; there would be suggestions on what could be done.

 

Since those are absent, I have to conclude that you are relishing the possible deaths of so many MUSLIMS.


So you ONLY accept radical left wing sources as a check on validity?


First of all, as one can see, my questions were posed to another poster, not you.

 

Secondly, where, in anything that I have said, did you note that I have used a "LEFT WING SOURCE" as a check on validity.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
597
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
602
Views

Re: Ramadan Rage 2017 Hits Grim Milestone: 1,003 Dead, 1,036 Wounded

602 Views
Message 38 of 63

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:
 

1,003 people are dead - that is a fact not changed by who reports it. To attempt to change the focus is to show a truly sad priority system.


 


So you think that the fact that an ANTI-MUSLIM website reports information gleaned from an even more extreme ANTI-MUSLIM web site doesn't affect the validity of the information at all???

 

Explain that clearly to me.

 

As to focus, what is your motive for your responses?

 

Are you SAD or GLAD that so many MUSLIMS might have died.

 

If you wanted to do something about it in a positive manner; there would be suggestions on what could be done.

 

Since those are absent, I have to conclude that you are relishing the possible deaths of so many MUSLIMS.


So you ONLY accept radical left wing sources as a check on validity?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
602
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
602
Views

Re: Ramadan Rage 2017 Hits Grim Milestone: 1,003 Dead, 1,036 Wounded

602 Views
Message 39 of 63

@rk9152 wrote:
 

1,003 people are dead - that is a fact not changed by who reports it. To attempt to change the focus is to show a truly sad priority system.


 


So you think that the fact that an ANTI-MUSLIM website reports information gleaned from an even more extreme ANTI-MUSLIM web site doesn't affect the validity of the information at all???

 

Explain that clearly to me.

 

As to focus, what is your motive for your responses?

 

Are you SAD or GLAD that so many MUSLIMS might have died.

 

If you wanted to do something about it in a positive manner; there would be suggestions on what could be done.

 

Since those are absent, I have to conclude that you are relishing the possible deaths of so many MUSLIMS.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
602
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
603
Views

Re: Ramadan Rage 2017 Hits Grim Milestone: 1,003 Dead, 1,036 Wounded

603 Views
Message 40 of 63

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@nctarheel are you disputing the information about the attacks listed in the post?

 

Its easy enough to confirm.

 

The numbers are accurate and your bloviating about a source will never change that.



I am actually questioning your motive for listing the numbers at all.

 

As you use the ANTI-MUSLIM media outlet BRIETBART as your resource exclusively for this post; I am going to guess that you are CELEBRATING these deaths rather than MOURNING them.

 

As to the numbers being accurate, do they come from a source other than BRIETBART????

 

I will answer question for everyone in two more paragraphs.

 

Since BRIETBART is world renowned for its inaccuracies and you didn't even list BRIETBART as your resource; I doubt you will list any other resource as your source for that list of deaths.

 

Here's where the list was REALLY GLEANED FROM.............

 

It was a web site called RELIGION OF PEACE.COM, an anti-Islamic web site that features heavy coverage of violence committed "in the name of Islam". This web site has even taken non-Islamic acts of violence and falsely claimed they were motivated by Islam.

 

No wonder you fail to list your sources. Your main source is world renowned for false facts and inaccuracies and it uses as its source another web site that is even more renown for its falsehoods.

 

One should use resources that are accurate and truthful.........neither of your sources meet that test.

 

I guess that's why you hide them.


When someone kills while screaming "Alluhu Akbar" Breitbart is not a factor. Yet you, once again, throw that in as a diversion.

 

Why are you defending these killers??


"Why are you" constantly placing your words into the posts of others rk??

 

The poster your accusatory post addresses never made such a defense. You made it up.


1,003 people are dead. That fact is not effected by who reports it.

 

Any problem with that??

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
603
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors