Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 31 of 44

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

I guess I’d be shocked if Trump ever appointed someone who was NOT racist. But this guy is racist and stupid.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/05/trumps-ice-director-pick-says-he-has-a-superpower.html

“Of the wealth of Morgan’s quotes calling for immigration restrictions and a southern border wall, one from a Fox News appearance on January 14immediately stands out as his oddest statement on child migrants. “I’ve been to detention facilities where I’ve walked up to these individuals that are so-called minors, 17 or under,” Morgan told host Tucker Carlson. “I’ve looked at them — and I’ve looked at their eyes, Tucker — and I’ve said, ‘That is a soon-to-be MS-13 gang member.’ It’s unequivocal.”

Ms-13 is not a race.

You need to get your analogies straight.  He’s dehumanizing and stereotyping Latino youth by assuming they are gang members, or soon to be gang members. Just by looking at them. 

What you are saying is more like saying “criminals are not a race” if someone assumed they could look at black kids and know they were criminals.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 44

@Soosie wrote:

@ManicProgressive.....................Keith Lawrence writes for the Los Angeles Times and Terry Keleher has been around for a long time, but I don't think either of them are experts other than in some minds. They are just saying what some ears and eyes want. Their opinions are no greater than anyone one else.    What I see here are this core group who want to come back with "RACIST" for anything that is posted by someone other than the ego strokers who give kudos to one another.

Wrong Keith Lawrence

https://www.linkedin.com/in/keith-lawrence-a684225

Their explanation of structural racism is the simplest I could find. But it’s the accepted standard.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 44

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

I guess I’d be shocked if Trump ever appointed someone who was NOT racist. But this guy is racist and stupid.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/05/trumps-ice-director-pick-says-he-has-a-superpower.html

“Of the wealth of Morgan’s quotes calling for immigration restrictions and a southern border wall, one from a Fox News appearance on January 14immediately stands out as his oddest statement on child migrants. “I’ve been to detention facilities where I’ve walked up to these individuals that are so-called minors, 17 or under,” Morgan told host Tucker Carlson. “I’ve looked at them — and I’ve looked at their eyes, Tucker — and I’ve said, ‘That is a soon-to-be MS-13 gang member.’ It’s unequivocal.”

Ms-13 is not a race.

Neither are the Black Panthers yet white Conservatives cite them endlessly.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 44

@Soosie wrote:

@ManicProgressive.....................Keith Lawrence writes for the Los Angeles Times and Terry Keleher has been around for a long time, but I don't think either of them are experts other than in some minds. Maybe in the minds of many since they get piad to write...unlike Ken in the piece YOU posted....They are just saying what some ears and eyes want. And the Cons posting here aren't???

Their opinions are no greater than anyone one else.  And yours is?

What I see here are this core group who want to come back with "RACIST" for anything that is posted by someone other than the ego strokers who give kudos to one another. What I see here are Cons expressing their lack of tolerance for a differeing viewpoint.  Defing racism is easy.  How would YOU define it, Soosie?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 44

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@Soosie 

https://www.intergroupresources.com/rc/Definitions%20of%20Racism.pdf

White guilt and "social justice" are how Terry Keleher makes his living. And yet, he never mentioned MS-13 being a race.

Considering the date of that conference he must have been either the father of white guilt or an early apostle.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 44

@Soosie wrote:
Of the wealth of Morgan’s quotes calling for immigration restrictions and a southern border wall, one from a Fox News appearance on January 14immediately stands out as his oddest statement on child migrants. “I’ve been to detention facilities where I’ve walked up to these individuals that are so-called minors, 17 or under,” Morgan told host Tucker Carlson. “I’ve looked at them — and I’ve looked at their eyes, Tucker — and I’ve said, ‘That is a soon-to-be MS-13 gang member.’ It’s unequivocal.” @ManicProgressive................So how is this racist? I didn't see a race mentioned. I see age. I bet the old "How now brown cow" is racist, and pasteurized". I bet "black eyed peas" are racist. I bet "red peppers" are too. Heck, any thing with color is racist and we Conservatives just keep on and on steppng over the racist line. How in the world we will ever get the racist people in line that don't come here to read? I was thinking about brown rice for dinner, but I'm afraid the racist police will come for me, and God knows how wicked our law enforcement is! I'm a total wreck. May have to start smoking again. Oh, no, the tobacco is brown and the smoke is grey. The matches have a red tip! What to do? What to do?

Being the jokester you are, Soosie, you know, being the "comedian" you've claimed you did part-time, are you joking, playing the naive southern girl, or actually think food can be used as a racist meme?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 44

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Par for the course for trump and his base.  No doubt he'll get the support he needs from his racist base.  But we know the Cons are the BEST mind-readers....we see it here in this forum routinely on a daily basis.

I wonder if "we" could expand on that a bit. It is the left that is constantly posting about Conservatives being terrified, or Evangelicals being driven nuts and the like. Can "we" point to something similar to make his/her/it's/their point?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 44

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Ms-13 is not a race.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 44

@ManicProgressive.....................Keith Lawrence writes for the Los Angeles Times and Terry Keleher has been around for a long time, but I don't think either of them are experts other than in some minds. They are just saying what some ears and eyes want. Their opinions are no greater than anyone one else.    What I see here are this core group who want to come back with "RACIST" for anything that is posted by someone other than the ego strokers who give kudos to one another.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 44
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors